spankyboy

are you weird or something?...

On 9/15/2013 at 6:09 AM, nicoleS said:

elzorro....I understand how you might fee weird because I also feel weird with my need as a woman to be spanked. I am not wired like you and cannot even imagine me or really any woman spanking a man because I see men as authority and power and all of that kind of thing.

BINGO! This about sums it up with regards of women spanking men or f/m, doesn't work because spanking is about control, women grow up seeing men as authority figures and for them to get spanked just doesn't compute. Plus the other prior comments, in that its weird, abnormal, etc.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Itsonl7633 said:

BINGO! This about sums it up with regards of women spanking men or f/m, doesn't work because spanking is about control, women grow up seeing men as authority figures and for them to get spanked just doesn't compute. Plus the other prior comments, in that its weird, abnormal, etc.

*sigh... do I really have to get on my high horse again?! I feel like I'm doing a lot of scolding lately, and not in a fun way!

But... and maybe I'm not reading this right... for a member of the spanking community to label any variation of spanking as "weird" because they're not into it is not cool. Look, maybe F/m doesn't compute for YOU, and that's fine. Ain't no one forcing you to engage in it. But to come here as a spanko and call me "weird" and "abnormal" because I like to go over a strong woman's knee is insulting. And wrong. Just stop it.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Itsonl7633 said:

This is NOT what our forum is about. If you are going to come here to bash those who don't agree with you, we urge you to take your biased opinions elsewhere. This violates our forum's policies and will not be tolerated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Who is bashing? I agreed with a quote because of my previous experience at other sites on this same topic.. 

What you wrote makes it look like you think F/m is weird or abnormal. If that' not correct, I'd be delighted to hear I misinterpreted your statement.

If you DO feel like that, well, I guess I'd like to know that, too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itsonl7633 said:
On 9/15/2013 at 6:09 AM, nicoleS said:

I am so tired of reading this kind of thing that is certainly borderline abusive and is absolutely disrespectful. 

This is clearly a troll. Why are we even responding to it?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JonTx said:

I am so tired of reading this kind of thing that is certainly borderline abusive and is absolutely disrespectful. 

This is clearly a troll. Why are we even responding to it?

You're probably right, Jon. But I get fed up with dumb stuff and have to vent occasionally. I also worry someone young and new might come here and see that stuff posted without challenge, and then have doubts about their sexuality and spanking needs.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, StrictGent said:

You're probably right, Jon. But I get fed up with dumb stuff and have to vent occasionally. I also worry someone young and new might come here and see that stuff posted without challenge, and then have doubts about their sexuality and spanking needs.

I certainly didn’t mean to criticize you, StrictGent.  

You just articulated my number one reason for being here: I want to help people who have doubts about their sexuality in spanking that need to feel OK and support them in both exploring and finding someone appropriate. (And not me, I’m not in the market, So my motives or altruistic)  But, before they find a partner, they probably need to be reassured that there’s nothing wrong with them. It took me years and thousands of dollars of therapy to reach that point. I hope I might help some others  just a little.

You also pointed out something that keeps me up at night and worries me.  I’ve tried to make a contribution here and it can be easily ruined by just one of these people who jumps in and causes the kind of trouble we’re seeing on this thread.

i’m feeling very discouraged about the site overall. I  joined because I couldn’t believe I found a site that was respectfully talking about spanking without a bunch of explicit things posted in bad taste and abusive and argumentative nonsense. I did my best to make a contribution to try and help younger people and maybe even older people who were unsure of themselves.  I am fortunate in that I have a great partner but just wanted to help others.  I’m not wanting to meet anyone, and wouldn’t even do it if the world’s most attractive young woman wanted to be spanked. It’s not what I do.  

I don’t know what’s happened, but in the last month or so (maybe two) there’s been an influx of new people that do not seem to respect what I understand the core mission of this site to be.   I know the people that wanted discipline spankings were at the core of this group. They also had a big enough tent to include those of us who saw spanking as meeting a different deep need, maybe related to psychological integration, in my case.

The challenge from my perspective is that there are a number of new people who appear to be here for sex.   
The worst of them make
posts right on the main forum using very graphic words to ask for sexual spankings. Unless I completely misunderstood, this site is supposed to be an alternative to sex. There are plenty of places that do that.

Of course, I’m a member of Fet.   But we could come here and get away from all of that and have respectful conversations.  Others criticize people’s preferences like we are seeing here.

Many  of these new people don’t have a complete profile even and say that they’re from someplace like Mars. If they don’t have the respect to even tell us where they are, what are approximate age ranges, and tell us something about themselves, I don’t think we should allow them to post.

I’ve contacted moderators about this and they don’t deny the problem, but  I don’t think they actually understand the gravity either.    So far, they won’t appoint any of us to help Or take a more active role in leading the conversations to remain respectful 

I suppose I’ve given up because it’s certainly not my site, and after volunteering (along with a couple of others) and being told that our services are not wanted, I don’t know what else to do.   Is my understanding that the people that actually started this site are long gone and when I checked once, very few of the current owners or moderators login much.

i’m still willing to make some kind of effort to help and would love to hear suggestions from other experienced members who may be been through this in the past. Thanks again for your post!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JonTx said:

Many  of these new people don’t have a complete profile even and say that they’re from someplace like Mars. If they don’t have the respect to even tell us where they are, what are approximate age ranges, and tell us something about themselves, I don’t think we should allow them to post.

I feel you're talking about me here. I gave an evasive answer to the location question because I wasn't sure how much I wanted to share in the moment that I joined this site, and I haven't gotten around to writing an about me because I'm still not sure how much I want to share, and I'm not actively looking for anything but discussion right now. My intention is to (assuming we can edit our profiles) change my location to where I really am if/when I decide to actually look for a potential partner(s). And while I'm not here for sex, I'm not discipline oriented either. Does that mean I'm one of those people wrecking the site, as you seem to feel?

(On topic for the thread title, I've proudly identified as a weirdo since grade school, so this is really just another layer of it.)

• Like 1

Very, very well said, @JonTx. This is a concern that many of us are having. We value SN for the quality of the site that it has been. Watching that degrade is difficult for those of us who care about our spanking community and who take this lifestyle to heart.