Isabella

Speeding

148 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that someone should be spanked for speeding if they just get pulled over, but do not get a ticket?

Do you think that someone should be spanked for speeding if they just get pulled over, but do not get a ticket?

• Like 1

Do you think that someone should be spanked for speeding if they just get pulled over, but do not get a ticket?

Just because the cop chose not to give you a speeding ticket, doesn't mean that you weren't being unsafe. Speeding causes accident. I mean if you weren't doing anything that could potentially cause an accident I would feel differently.

• Like 2

Guest cedarshakes

Whether you get a ticket or not is often at the discretion of the officer, but does not take away from the fact that the speeder endangered themselves and others, and broke the law. Just my two cents! :)

• Like 1

Most people speed. I see it as normal behavior. What is the important question is how much you were speeding by.

• Like 2

Most people speed. I see it as normal behavior. What is the important question is how much you were speeding by.

It was only 71 in a 55...... and it was 4am, so there was nobody else on the road.....

• Like 1

Guest kiwi

Do you think someone should be punished for breaking the law?

• Like 2

Guest Aspenleafquaking

I think justifying speeding in the excess that you were because it was 4am is unjustifiable. Your life is valuable also and you did break the law. The speed limits are set because of the condition of the road you are driving on.

Aspen

• Like 5

Jazmine, 71 in a 55!! I am surprised you did not get a ticket! If I was your mentor you would be over my knee already, and if it was a second time I would of given you 16 with a strap as well! Yes speeding is speeding! (Just my 2 cents she asked)

• Like 5

Just because the cop chose not to give you a speeding ticket, doesn't mean that you weren't being unsafe. Speeding causes accident. I mean if you weren't doing anything that could potentially cause an accident I would feel differently.

I agree.

• Like 3

71 in a 55 zone, regardless of time of day, warrants both a ticket and a harsh spanking, in my opinion.

• Like 3

It was only 71 in a 55...... and it was 4am, so there was nobody else on the road.....

[/quote

Well there might not have been anyone else,,,,but you were going 16 miles over the posted limit,,,and i would be more worried about your safety,,,,And i would hope you would also,,,,

So yes it would deserve a good spanking,,,,

Mike

• Like 3

Well, here are some statistics are on 'normal' behavior.

2005: 39,189 fatal car crashes (mind you..this is FATAL crashes only!) resulted in 43, 443 deaths. The government has 'admitted' that 'only' 1 in 20 car crashes are related to speeding so that's approximately 'Only' 2172 fatalities. Not at all a significant number; unless, of course, one of those fatalities is you or someone you care about. The government doesn't specify 'how much' speeding is involved.

Of course the leading cause of fatal accidents would be alcohol and drugs.

Then there is seat belt use...or rather..LACK of seat belt use: (I know that this is off topic, but throwing it out there anyway...)

"In 2008, 33% of passenger car occupants and 36% light truck occupants were unrestrained. In fatal crashes, 77% of passenger vehicle occupants who were totally ejected from vehicles were killed. Seat belts were effective in preventing total ejections: only 1% of the occupants reported to have been using restraints were totally ejected, compared with 30% of unrestrained occupants."

Here is a link to the NHTSA information on speeding:

http://www-nrd.nhtsa...Pubs/811090.pdf

71 in a 55 zone, regardless of time of day, warrants both a ticket and a harsh spanking, in my opinion.

You said it in a nutshell, Jamiew! (That's what I'M saying...!)

• Like 5

I'd say no to this and for any other crime. If a person breaks the law they should face the legal consequences which are far more severe than a spanking. Tickets should not be left to the discretion of the officer either. It should be an automatic ticket if you're caught speeding. Hell, even a ticket isn't much of a deterrent. They should suspend licenses more often or even take them away permanently if the person has done it several times. I absolutely hate bad drivers and speeders. As a pedestrian they make my life difficult.

more accidents are probably caused from people talking on thier phones, eating, changing CDs, yelling at the kids in the back seat or being distracted in other ways. I very rarely speed in my car, being focused on what you are doing is the key, as is your driving enviroment. However if I am riding my motorcycle it's hard not to go over the speed limit. When I ride my motorcycle I am completely focused on the task at hand.

• Like 2

Ahem .... this is not as simple a question as people

try to make it out to be ...

Not trying to be a smart ass, but actually ...

speeding itself does nothing!

It neither kills, nor does it cause accidents.

What kills you is the force associated with a sudden

impulse (a collision), which can happen at ANY speed,

including the prescribed speed limit!

This can be caused by following too close for the speed

at which you are going, not paying attention and having too

little time to change your speed to avoid a collision, or because

you did not adjust your speed while going into a curve,

causing a velocity change that throws you out of the curve,

because the weight and center of mass of your vehicle did

not provide enough centripetal acceleration.

All of these are related to acceleration changes, causing

forces that could kill you.

So, if I am driving on a straight road with plenty of space

between myself and other cars, no ice or rain, paying attention

to the road and a good view ahead, going at high speeds does

NOTHING.

What does cause accidents, are people that don't know how

to drive, neither at or above the prescribed speed limit.

One of my biggest problems is when I try to keep a safe

distance to the car in front of me (even while driving

at the indicated speed limit) and then some SOB comes and

pushes himself between me and my front "man", causing me

to have to slow down and increase the distance between myself

and the new ass in front of me ...

So, if I am speeding on one of those fantastically straight

American roads while paying attention and, if there is no one

around me, during the daytime, on good road conditions, neither

should I be given a ticket, nor should I be spanked ...

I should be congratulated on my driving skills :)

In Germany, where I had my driving training (and I mean there

it is real training), before getting a license, one has to

demonstrate that one is capable of driving for sustained periods

in access of 100 mph on a highway, because that IS what people

do there. So it is certainly possible to do so safely! There, you

can sometimes see dynamic speed limit signs nowadays, where the

speed limit is adjusted in real-time, based on the current traffic

density and road conditions, which makes perfect sense to me ...

So why are we ticketed for speeding? Because it is a nice side

income for the municipalities !?

I rarely see, or hear off, people being pulled over for being

stupid on the road, which is something people should be ticketed

for and which causes ALL of the accidents! But I guess speeding

is much easier to measure though (and a better source of income,

since everyone does it).

Having said all of this, I do agree that we should generally obey

the law (there have to be rules), even if there is always

a good deal of inconsistency and arbitrariness in every law.

But a life in which rules are never broken is a boring life ...

keep it interesting people (safely) .... :)

Mike

P.S. Okay, I guess I was being a smart ass ... :)

• Like 3

Then there is seat belt use...or rather..LACK of seat belt use: (I know that this is off topic, but throwing it out there anyway...)

"In 2008, 33% of passenger car occupants and 36% light truck occupants were unrestrained. In fatal crashes, 77% of passenger vehicle occupants who were totally ejected from vehicles were killed. Seat belts were effective in preventing total ejections: only 1% of the occupants reported to have been using restraints were totally ejected, compared with 30% of unrestrained occupants."

Just some arbitrary information for our general knowledge MB? Thanks ;)

• Like 2

P.S. Okay, I guess I was being a smart ass ... :)

Mike Mike Mike....tsk tsk tsk...you wanna eat soap..just ask me!!!!!! I already have a bar of Lux with your name on it...

:lol:

MB

P.S. There needs to be an "arms folded foot-tapping" emoticon...

• Like 1

Mike Mike Mike....tsk tsk tsk...you wanna eat soap..just ask me!!!!!! I already have a bar of Lux with your name on it...

:lol:

MB

P.S. There needs to be an "arms folded foot-tapping" emoticon...

I am always eager to please Miss B ... :P

Love you lots!

The cop may be doing you a favor by letting you go. But it would not be a favor if your disciplinarian let you go. I bet you already knew my thoughts on the mater though.

Cliff

• Like 4

The cop may be doing you a favor by letting you go. But it would not be a favor if your disciplinarian let you go. I bet you already knew my thoughts on the mater though.

Cliff

Yes sir, I figured that would be your opinion.

• Like 1

Well, I'm getting 20 licks with a paddle for doing 60 in a 40 ... no ticket.

'nough said.

Tal

The government has 'admitted' that 'only' 1 in 20 car crashes are related to speeding so that's approximately 'Only' 2172 fatalities.

Misleading and incomplete. That states that in 1 in 20 cases, speeding was present during a fatality. The number now needed is how often speeding occurs in NON-fatalities. If it's 5%, then speeding is not a factor.

In the last five years, I was stopped for speeding, on two seperate occasions. Once I was let off with a warning, once I was ticketed. Both times I knew a paddling was going to be involved, and justifiably so. Both times I went otk and accepted a spanking and a paddling without any argument or reservation. It was needed and deserved. Speeding is most definitely a spanking deserved misbehavior, whether ticketed or not.

Well. For the most part i would say yes. Only time i normally "speed" is on the interstate and even then i keep it within 5 and normally since Ohio is 65mph limit i run 67 just because it puts my engines in that RPM sweet spot. I try my best not to but sometimes you gotta. I mean when you are fighting to get past a Semi on a windy day you have no choice but to put it to the floor and go. So blatant speeding i would say yes like in this case. Though for me i personally tend to do a hair over. Now that i have my droid with gps and it tells me my correct speed i try and keep it at the limit. It was kind of hard in a truck with a speedometer that is off by 5 to 10 mph to know what you were truly going. Also i want to make it clear i have never been stopped for speeding. I have actually only been stopped once going through a tiny little town for expired tags on a vehicle my mom owns that she told me she had put the sticker on. Which i figured she had because she normally is good about keeping up on the plates and whatnot. Thankfully he let me off with a warning and it was fixed that day.

Guest AlexisG

I see that you and my mentor are once again on the same page. I'm just glad I did not know either of you when I got my 89 in a 55 or 60 zone a couple of years ago. I'll bet I still wouldn't be sitting down. But to answer the original question, it doesn't matter with my mentor whether I'm even pulled over let alone whether I get a ticket or not...if I'm speeding I'm in trouble.

Well, here are some statistics are on 'normal' behavior.

2005: 39,189 fatal car crashes (mind you..this is FATAL crashes only!) resulted in 43, 443 deaths. The government has 'admitted' that 'only' 1 in 20 car crashes are related to speeding so that's approximately 'Only' 2172 fatalities. Not at all a significant number; unless, of course, one of those fatalities is you or someone you care about. The government doesn't specify 'how much' speeding is involved.

Of course the leading cause of fatal accidents would be alcohol and drugs.

You said it in a nutshell, Jamiew! (That's what I'M saying...!)