Sign in to follow this  
Guest MaMaBlue

Chat Room Stylings

I heartily agree...I actually was typing something similiar, but put it in General Discussion, hopefully it will be moved to where it belongs. You made your points so much more eloquently than I.

It is important to make everyone feel welcome, especially those who are just starting in their journey. It is so easy to be overwhelmed and hurt, and those of us who understand should help make the path easier for those who have not walked it yet.

Your kindness shines through. Thank you. :)

sundaze.

Guest Aspenleafquaking

MaMa Blue I do agree with what you have said. I have met many great people here, but was once new and felt nervous and intimidated the first time I was in a chat scenario. It moved too fast and I could not keep up as typing skills is not my strong suit I think some leave because they are overwhelmed. I do try to acknowledge people when they come in and engage in conversation, but I am as guilty as the next sometimes when getting some one engaged . I agree more effort can be made.

Like I said on thread that Sundaze posted all the private chat I think is out of control. If in a private chat should excuse yourself and chat with person so people are not asking question that are not going to be answered because person is not there. This has just become a recent issue was never that way before it is a hot button for me, and makes something I looked forward to less desirable. JUst my 2 cents

Aspen

• Like 1

Ma Ma,

Thanks for posting this topic. I haven't been around for very long, but would like to share my thoughts about this anyway. First, I would like to share Ma Ma's sentiments that there are some really wonderful, caring people on this site and it has been a pleasure getting to know some of them.

My biggest problem since coming aboard here has been getting to know the rules. Some I have learned more gently than others. The first spanking I ever got was for breaking a rule I had no idea even existed and was from someone who was not even my mentor at the time. I have since learned to ask more about the rules first if I have any questions.:P Anyway, I think the problem for many is that the rules and expectations are not always clear cut and for many people who are new and exploring this lifestyle for the first time, it can be overwhelming. What can an 'ee' say to an 'er" - what is acceptable and what is not. What can an 'ee' say to another 'ee' and is there an 'ee' hierarchy so to speak. When do you have to address an 'er' as sir or maam and when is it okay to just skip that formality. I have been told that sometimes you just have to "read the room" on any particular day. I absolutely agree that respect should always be present, whether an 'er' or an 'ee' so that one seems pretty clear cut to me.

From an 'ee' perspective here, I feel that chat for many of us is a place to just come and unwind, so to speak. To relax and joke and be safe and even reminisce about misdeeds. It is a time to be a "fun" brat for a little with the 'ers' as long as it is done in moderation and respect. Sometimes that line is fine - very fine indeed, and when someone crosses it, the atmosphere takes a turn for the worse. But it doesn't mean we should not come back, it just means we need to learn from our mistakes and don't make the same ones again. I know, easier said than done, which is why we always have sore bottoms:D.

As for the 'ers', I believe they are a vital part of the chat and I for one, appreciate the time that many take on a regular basis to be there and lend support and share their perspective. Although we 'ees' sometimes seem to forget it, chat is a place for both 'ees' and 'ers' to talk about a variety of issues. So thank you to all the 'ers' that take the time to chat with us, especially Ma Ma, Alex and MB who always just seem to be there for support or when necessary to remind us of the boundaries.

Thanks everyone for the help and laughter that you have provided. Humor is one thing that always seems to be in abundance here, which is a good thing for sure. Let's all continue to have fun and enjoy the community and all the wonderful people in it.

• Like 1

I heartily agree...I actually was typing something similiar, but put it in General Discussion, hopefully it will be moved to where it belongs. You made your points so much more eloquently than I.

It is important to make everyone feel welcome, especially those who are just starting in their journey. It is so easy to be overwhelmed and hurt, and those of us who understand should help make the path easier for those who have not walked it yet.

Your kindness shines through. Thank you. :)

sundaze.

Sundaze, you put it quite well yourself.

MB

• Like 1

Guest tatt2blue

Sundaze, you put it quite well yourself.

MB

I completely agree with MB...don't sell yourself short SUN. You Rock!

Love,

MaMa Blue

• Like 1

Awwwwww (blush). Thank you ladies so much! Your words are deeply appreciated. It is a joy getting to know you.

sundaze :)

Guest kiwi

I agree with everything that's already been said. The chatroom here is the first in which I've felt comfortable enough to actually join in and I've found the people here to be refreshingly friendly and welcoming.

Like ReadyOrNot, as a complete newbie to online chat and in the absence of clear guidelines, I am guilty of pushing the boundaries in order to find out where they are. Respect for other people is paramount, regardless of whether one is an 'ee or an 'er (or an angel :P). I know that I have overstepped the line and offended people on a few occasions. That was done out of ignorance, not malice. Sorry guys.

My thanks to everyone for making the chatroom a great place to relax, learn, seek support and advice, and make friends. Particular thanks to MaMa Blue for being a voice of sanity in the occasional chaos.

• Like 1

I agree with everything that's already been said. The chatroom here is the first in which I've felt comfortable enough to actually join in and I've found the people here to be refreshingly friendly and welcoming.

Like ReadyOrNot, as a complete newbie to online chat and in the absence of clear guidelines, I am guilty of pushing the boundaries in order to find out where they are. Respect for other people is paramount, regardless of whether one is an 'ee or an 'er (or an angel :P). I know that I have overstepped the line and offended people on a few occasions. That was done out of ignorance, not malice. Sorry guys.

My thanks to everyone for making the chatroom a great place to relax, learn, seek support and advice, and make friends. Particular thanks to MaMa Blue for being a voice of sanity in the occasional chaos.

DITTO every word!

i had seen this forum a long time ago but never joined nor particiapted. But in recent times MaMa Blue reintroduced me to the forum and encouraged to become a member and join in. She did not force me to but thought it would be good for me because of some things i am working on. And she was right...again! :)

There are all types in all rooms and forums, but i agree with those that believe there are more "real" people here than in most other sites. i have enjoyed interacting with ones i have met here on line and look forward to getting to know more of you in here.

It did not take long to feel a good connection with a few of you and i appreciate your company, your perspectives, your backgrounds and experiences, and all that go into making you the people you are.

This really is a great forum for many of us to explore our passion for spanking and discipline...or whatever level and types of spankings you enjoy.

i am very glad to be a member here and participate in this wonderful forum.

junior

• Like 1