spanked till you cry?

I am really not a crier...I think it might be beneficial to have a session that could result in such sometime...but I don't know.

In life, I REALLY hate to cry in front of people, I can be a really guarded person. I like to show emotions, but tears to me are way too vulnerable. The only time people see me cry is if we're watching a really sad movie and we can laugh about it after.

I think it might even take a lot for a spanking to bring me to the point of tears...I hate to let people down, so I think lectures along with the spanking could make me cry, but just the pain from the spanking alone probably wouldn't do it. I can take pain, I can't take disappointment. So I suppose to me it would definitely be a combination of disappointment and a really hard spanking. *Shrugs* That's just me.

I agree, it's hard to reach the point of crying unless it's something that comes easily to you in the first place. I've had a few very hard spankings and I've never cried. I would love to reach that point some day. It's definitely not about the pain, it's more about being able to release your feelings and letting go.

Well, I thought I would weigh in on this since it happened to me for the first time a few days ago. I wasn't so sure I was ever going to cry during a spanking since I'm just not much of a crier, but much to my (and my husband's!) surprise, I burst into tears and started sobbing. (It was particularly unexpected because about 2 minutes before that we had both been laughing because I had loudly protested, "That HURTS!" and he said, "That's the most inane comment ever about a spanking. Of course it hurts!" The he really laid into my backside.)

Anyway, I think the tears were from a combination of factors--the spanking hurt really bad, the husband was terrifically annoyed, I felt pretty chagrined, and I was mildly depressed. The jury was out for a while on how I felt about crying. From what everyone else has said, I thought it would be really cathartic and beneficial, but it actually didn't really do anything for me. That said, I think if I were in the midst of a personal trial or were deeply worried about something or were working through a significant issue, I'd be telling a different tale about crying. I think in that case it would have been cathartic and healing. But for now, things are pretty solid for me. A year ago we were in the midst of a heinous trial, and I think the extra emotional release of being spanked to tears would have been awesome. But for now, meh.

Guest Krambot

Well, I thought I would weigh in on this since it happened to me for the first time a few days ago. I wasn't so sure I was ever going to cry during a spanking since I'm just not much of a crier, but much to my (and my husband's!) surprise, I burst into tears and started sobbing. (It was particularly unexpected because about 2 minutes before that we had both been laughing because I had loudly protested, "That HURTS!" and he said, "That's the most inane comment ever about a spanking. Of course it hurts!" The he really laid into my backside.)

Anyway, I think the tears were from a combination of factors--the spanking hurt really bad, the husband was terrifically annoyed, I felt pretty chagrined, and I was mildly depressed. The jury was out for a while on how I felt about crying. From what everyone else has said, I thought it would be really cathartic and beneficial, but it actually didn't really do anything for me. That said, I think if I were in the midst of a personal trial or were deeply worried about something or were working through a significant issue, I'd be telling a different tale about crying. I think in that case it would have been cathartic and healing. But for now, things are pretty solid for me. A year ago we were in the midst of a heinous trial, and I think the extra emotional release of being spanked to tears would have been awesome. But for now, meh.

I agree wholebuttedly with the comments about this being such a great thread. And this post was most excellent too!! Thanks all for sharing. It's great to hear such deeply personal perspectives.

What a terrific thread! Thank you all very much.

My experiences as a switch lead me to think that crying happens in a relationship of love / respect with spouse or mentor that contains the right combination of spanking pain and inner sorrow for deeds done. Lecturing, scolding, etc. brings the inner person to sorrow over one's actions. Then, the felt, 'deserved' pain of the spanking releases a 'bring it on, I deserve it' feeling that opens the gates.

During my first adult spanking from Quietbrat, I had wanted the release of crying. I came close. I felt lots of relief. But, I never cried even though the spanking was very hard.

We can all learn, again, how to cry. First step--I really want to cry. That's like taking hold of the handles of the food gates. Then we start pushing open the doors with helping swats to oiur bottoms. How hard we push does not matter. A slow but steady desire does. Let our spanker take care of of the 'hard push' with swats and words. Our job is to feel the sorrow and seek the final release that finally swings the doors wide open. AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• 3 years later...

This is a very interesting topic, and I apologise to 50% of the demographic because as an ER I have only spanked the female gender. I don't think tears come easily, I do think that when they come and are shared with the person spanking then it can be very cathartic, but also I think that is far less the normal response than some people think or fantasise about.

When i have seen them the tears are often forming well before any smacking takes place and are usually associated with emotions like shame, embarrassment, humiliation, guilt and sometimes intense anticipation of what is to come. And as an ER that is your responsibility to prepare the ee in the right way before the spanking and provide the right atmosphere of support after it.

One woman I spanked, didn't move a muscle or utter a sound from beginning to end, when we talked afterwards she said it was because at home when she was spanked her siblings could always hear and she didn't want to give them the satisfaction, she said it probably got her a harder spanking but she did her crying later when alone.

We are all different and as an ER the best you can do is try to understand what the ee needs and why they need it, crying is a side issue for me but a good emotion to work with when it does occur.

sorry if that sounds a bit clinical!

C60.

• Like 1

I have never cried from the physical pain, At the end of one session, my therapist asked me if I realized that every time she questioned a feeling, I would divert the attention to a more neutral ground. I dont like to cry in front of people, even family. But I did often with my partner when I was on emotional overload. That was when all the fears I had withheld could find at least temporarily release thru tears. But I could only do that when I was in a safe, very trusted place.

• 7 months later...

I don't seem to cry much from physical pain, no matter how much I'm in. During the few times in my life I've been in real agony (not from spanking, from injury), I've retched and nearly thrown up, but never cried. Then the endorphins kicked in, and I was in outer space. So I don't think a spanking is going to get me to cry from pain, no matter how severe.

Even so . . .

Just the other day my mentor scolded me and spanked me, and I cried once the spanking was over. I think it was a combination of factors, including the fact that he said I'd disappointed him. That just about broke my heart. I felt like a very remorseful and sorry little girl, which is how I deserved to feel. It didn't exactly feel good, but it told me that my mentor was doing something right with me, that he was able to break down my defenses that way. And no, of course he didn't yell at me viciously or curse me. I was just very firmly lectured and disciplined. It may have something to do with the fact that this is the first male mentor I've had, and I generally find men more intimidating than women. Hard to say.

With me at least the one thing I do find is spanking does release my emotions more throughout the session and that does leave me feeling calmer. They may also help your Er guage how you're taking it which keeps you safe.

I realize I have a lot to learn about being spanked. Since I have not had one, I assumed that it was normal to be crying while receiving a spanking. Thank you for this informative post/question.

• 5 weeks later...

That kind of release would be pretty great, but the chances of it happening from pain for me are pretty slim.... having endured some pretty significant injuries including burns, I"m pretty sure I would pass out from pain before I'd break down to tears.... Not sure why, probably a lifetime of conditioning, etc.

On the other hand, if she were to put on the end of Marley & Me, Old Yeller, or The Yearling right before the spanking - I'd probably lose it before she got back to the chair!

:(

Ben

• Like 1

It was many yrs ago--coach paddled guys bare and anyone in the locker room could see--Some guys cryed---I hated it both the pain on my butt and the humiliation-----but I never cryed right then---Strangely--later when alone i always cryed----it was not cause i had a sore butt----I am not sure what it was--but alone afterward i had to cry and i got paddled thru high school-----I felt coach paddled bigger guys more frequently as he was a small guy and i was a big stron guy----Any psychologists or self proclaimed psychs know why I had to cry later???

It was many yrs ago--coach paddled guys bare and anyone in the locker room could see--Some guys cryed---I hated it both the pain on my butt and the humiliation-----but I never cryed right then---Strangely--later when alone i always cryed----it was not cause i had a sore butt----I am not sure what it was--but alone afterward i had to cry and i got paddled thru high school-----I felt coach paddled bigger guys more frequently as he was a small guy and i was a big stron guy----Any psychologists or self proclaimed psychs know why I had to cry later???

Some people can only cry when alone, but never in front of people. I'm not a psychologist, but I try not to cry in public. For me, when tears are released, its usually a massive flood and I dont want others to see that. I grew up with the old saying "Laugh, and the world laughs with you; cry and you cry alone."

Similar to Tom Hanks "There's no crying in baseball!!!!"

I can't imagine the pain from a spanking making me cry, as I'm no stranger to severe physical pain and I've never cried from it (though I have passed out from pain before). If I were to cry, it would be from a heart connection with my spanker -- like a particularly meaningful lecture or perhaps during aftercare when I'm feeling safe and cared for. I may seem to some like a badass, but like Ben, I'm a big softie under certain circumstances -- usually involving sad movies, animals, or children.

Grrrr! ;)

But like many here, I wish it would happen and it's on my bucket list. (Doh!)

• 1 year later...

I have cried my eyes out over my wifes knees many times during the past 10 years. She is a firm and strict woman and spanks me very hard. No spanking over her knees is fun and they are very real indeed. She primarely spanks me for disciplinary reasons and knows just how to bring tears in my eyes, when she punishes me.

She believes that a real spanking only truely begins, once I am am desperate for her to stop spanking me and tears are streaming down my cheeks.

I reluctantly agree with her on that. I need real life spankings in my life and she knows how to deliver them.

That does not mean that she will stop straight away when I begin crying from my spanking. No she will continue spanking me until she is satisfied that I have learned my lesson.

That is usually when I am surrendering to her discipline and crying freely, but at times she spanks me into total submission and has me sobbing like a naughty little boy.

So yes it is possible for adults to get spanked to tears during a spanking.

I have a high pain threshold so it is rare that the physical spanking will make me cry... even if it is severe to the point of drawing blood; but usually it is the emotions and remorse of hurting my sweetheart to the extent that she needs to spank me that will bring me to tears.

• 4 weeks later...