Guest lilac

A safe call.

Thank you @Lady Pandora,

Your post is an excellent addition to this thread and a good reminder that safety is not just for the bottom, but also the Top, M/male or F/female. While many tend to think about the safety of an unsuspecting bottom at times, there is just as much concern for the safety of a Top. Your link to the safety guidelines you created is much appreciated. 

Hi Hope,

Sincere thanks, I hope some people will find it to be useful.  

I agree that too many people are unaware of the many risks that can cause serious problems rather than a pleasurable encounter.  There are risks for absolutely everyone and we all have a responsibility to take whatever precautions we can to ensure our safety and the safety of people we play with, no matter which end of the cane we are at.  

The safe-call is a good idea. And before that, I suggest a background check. When I was a member of eHarmony, and later FarmersOnly (some years back), I did this before agreeing to meet men whom I would be hiking with in the backcountry (a typical first or second date for me). One of my closest friends is married to a sheriff. They are unaware of my spanking lifestyle, but it was he who told me that background checking was an essential prerequisite for meeting these guys in person. I believe it's every bit as crucial for spanking meet-ups. 

I always set up a safety call for normally about the first 5 meetings with a new person you can never be to safe out there 

On 2/27/2020 at 12:24 PM, Chawsee said:

but it was he (sheriff) who told me that background checking was an essential prerequisite for meeting these guys in person. I believe it's every bit as crucial for spanking meet-ups. 

I would like to echo this advice.  Not only would I want a background check, but I would want to find some way to verify more about them.  If they are active here, you can read their posts and get a very good idea of who they are and what they might be like.  I had someone ask for a personal reference that they could call many years ago.  I gave it to her.

• Like 1

PS: You can't even join most non-profit boards these days without a background check.  There is so much more risk here because you are invited to join boards by someone who knows you.

• Like 2