GreyWolf says hello

As with all first posts, it's a kicking the tires thing...

I'm interested in the writing library this community has created.  It has some very good work in it, and I intend to contribute some of my ~25 creations from the last 10 years or so.  The first step is to review them against the guidelines (thanks Child of Light, very clear) and then I intend to post about 1 per week.

Given that I do all my source in html, my challenge is to make sure that when I post they are in a reasonable format...  to that end a good addition to the Forums would be a Test form allowing folks to try things in editing w/o polluting and active Forum.  And yes I see the preview button...

Anyway, a little cut-n-paste and other tests below.. please feel free to ignore.

Test 1 - direct paste

As they got up for the day, Mark made no mention of the prior day's agreement, but as they sat down to breakfast he brought out his old inventory clicker from working nights in a grocery store.

Test 2 - default

As they got up for the day, Mark made no mention of the prior day's agreement, but as they sat down to breakfast he brought out his old inventory clicker from working nights in a grocery store.

Test 3 - Adding quotes, changing font size, etc

"As they got up for the day," Mark made no mention of the prior day's agreement, but as they sat down to breakfast he brought out his old inventory clicker from working nights in a grocery store.

font size 12

font size 14

font size 16

I'll make any additional exploration a comment to this topic..

Editing after posting, and trying another paste

“Right, M’am. Your engine’s blown. Looks like we’ll need to do some work on her to get her back up and running again.”

OK, that's a bit better.  Comes across as 18 pt, but can change that if needed.

“It’s not about the lateness, or your attitude, or your school performance, frankly it’s all the little things” she said, to her daughter’s chagrin.

OK that worked well - mouse copy from rendered html that used “ and ” instead of extended characters.

In any case the editor here seems to work nicely.  I'll proceed with the first!

Edited by GreyWolf