When You Assume

I suppose this should go under the more general heading of "I no longer care who knows I'm a spanko", as I probably reveal too many personal details. But anyway:

There's that old cliche: "when you assume, you make an ass out of you and me - ass-u-me." Been around forever, I think the first time I heard that was when I was in the police academy from one of the instructors. So in my 20s I was a young cop, and of course a wanna-be spanko. I was living in a cheap apartment that suited my minimal needs, and besides work my time was divided into gym and running; dating and sexual activity (no real spanking yet); and two nights a week in grad school/study. (I was able to work my schedule that usually allowed me two consistent nights off a week to go into the City at John Jay College). 

I think I wrote this in a previous post, but now looking through the lens of more life-experience, I'm not at all proud of the fact that I engaged in way too many dubious sexual relations with way too many women. And while it always got the endorphins pumping, while having sex with them, I was ALWAYS thinking about spanking them. Fast forward a bit to a particular woman, who in the early course of dating told me she liked to get spanked. Be still my heart! I figured she must be my soul mate. I hastily invited her to move into my small apartment (which she did). After just three wonderful days of finally spanking a woman, her personality began to morph into someone unrecognizable. Without going into unnecessary detail, I just assumed that this is what all female EE spankos must be like; just spank me when I'm bad and but pay for all my needs and otherwise LEAVE ME ALONE! I (wrongly) assumed that along with this fetish, came a teenage personality rebelling against a parent.

So I told her to get out. If this was the way spankees behaved, I decided then and there to stick to "normal" women; hopefully I would outgrow this spanking fetish as I must be sick anyway to like spanking so much. (Outgrow it? Who was I kidding?)

Fast forward to meeting the former Mrs. Spike. Things were wonderful during the pendency of our courtship. I did at one point confide in her that I'd always had a strong desire to spank women, which she acknowledged as just a passing remark. I knew for sure she was not a spanko. But I didn't want to repeat that former mistake. So I thought it was the right thing to do - get married. Not only was it a spankless marriage, it turned out to be a  loveless one as well. And despite the fact that as things degenerated and the former Mrs. Spike said I was "sick" for wanting to spank her, I came to realize that spanking was not so twisted after all, having based it on that one previous relationship. 

OK - eventually we went our separate ways. She met a new and improved guy more to her liking ( I wish her well), and I found my way into the spanko world. Sine then I've tried to be careful with what I assume. Lesson learned.

My first marriage was a spank-less one as well. I have told this story before not that long ago but for the life of me I can't find it anywhere. I'm going to try finding it again because it's rather a long story. If not I'll try telling it again

I'm not here to talk (write) about my job before I retired, but since it has to do with spanking, I'm continuing on this topic.

Once again (and I'm sure for the last time) when I was in the police academy we had a lecture from an FBI agent on the subject of sex crimes. His presentation was excellent. Early on in the lecture, (up onto a large screen) he showed a series of of photos of men and naked women spanking other naked women. It was clear that this was not a crime (between consenting adults) but used this as a way to segway into the serious stuff. Of course I tried to just watch, stone-faced, unfazed -  I mean I wanted nobody to think for one minute that this was exciting to me. Most of the other big macho guys around me laughed (although now I'd be willing to bet that a lot of them were closet spankos).

Then came the "don't assume" part. (Remember the title of this post?) A photo of a man seen from the shoulders up, apparently dead in a gallows. What do you think happened here? he asked. Some said suicide; some said he was murdered. The next photo was of the same person, but taken from a distance where the whole scene was visible. It was a big, burly man hanging from a tree branch in the woods, wearing a Catholic school girl's type uniform with a short skirt. Did we think it was a suicide? A murder-lynching? No, it was a fetitishist who had accidentally asphyxiated while masturbating. 

Needless to say, what followed was graphic and (at the time) disturbing; but this was important information for us to learn, much of which we'd experience in our careers. He went over crime scene preservation and evidence collection; the overarching theme being don't always assume what it appears to be at first.

Well I hope that wasn't too morbid, but I was compelled to add it because it included spanking (only photos though). And now that I'm just a private citizen I can devote as much time as I like to our favorite subject.