Texting and driving

Recently I thought it would be wise to text and drive I was checking my Facebook well driving typically I don’t ever engage in this type of behavior I’m not really sure to why I chose to make such a dumb selfish irresponsible decision anyways my mentor sent me a really graphic video on car accidents caused by texting and driving I’m glad to say I won’t be texting and driving ever I lost my car for a week besides for important things like appointment’s work etc I’m also getting a spanking I’m just super glad I didn’t hurt myself others in the process 

Edited by Yoda2021

I’m pretty much with your mentor here.  

Were I he, it’d be a really serious spanking. 

It’s a bunch of years ago but at a traffic light in town a woman on a cell phone made an illegal left to right in front of me.  Had I not reacted as quickly as I did it would have killed me. 

• Sad 1

The important thing is that you understand the danger and will not do it again. It sounds like you have always known not to text while driving, but you made a very bad choice for some reason. Why did you do it? Punishment should not be needed to stop it from happening again. Knowing the possibility of damage to yourself and others, is that not all the deterrent needed? However, if you feel guilty about your behavior, then punishment can help resolve it.

my bf is not a spanker but I recon I'd be spanked by both my bf and past mentor if I did this at my age and im sure you didn't think it was wise just didn't care and so hopefully you care now.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Rixie said:

my bf is not a spanker but I recon I'd be spanked by both my bf and past mentor if I did this at my age and im sure you didn't think it was wise just didn't care and so hopefully you care now.

While I currently do not have a mentee, I would do the same if I knew one of them did this!

15 minutes ago, FirmSpankerMD said:

While I currently do not have a mentee, I would do the same if I knew one of them did this!

If my past mentor or my bf wasn't angry at me for putting other peoples lives at risk I would think like they didn't care at all. 

Edited by Rixie
  • Like 1
19 hours ago, Yoda2021 said:

Recently I thought it would be wise to text and drive I was checking my Facebook well driving typically I don’t ever engage in this type of behavior I’m not really sure to why I chose to make such a dumb selfish irresponsible decision anyways my mentor sent me a really graphic video on car accidents caused by texting and driving I’m glad to say I won’t be texting and driving ever I lost my car for a week besides for important things like appointment’s work etc I’m also getting a spanking I’m just super glad I didn’t hurt myself others in the process 

Be glad there were some consequences, the last thing you want to end up is in an accident. 

2 minutes ago, LazyNerd said:

Be glad there were some consequences, the last thing you want to end up is in an accident. 

I’m definitely glad 🙂 there was consequences! 

6 hours ago, danadares said:

The important thing is that you understand the danger and will not do it again. It sounds like you have always known not to text while driving, but you made a very bad choice for some reason. Why did you do it? Punishment should not be needed to stop it from happening again. Knowing the possibility of damage to yourself and others, is that not all the deterrent needed? However, if you feel guilty about your behavior, then punishment can help resolve it.

I think the why I did it caused me to do a lot of deep thinking I have come to my conclusion but think it’s a bit personal I didn’t mean to in my original post to make it sound like what could have happened wasn’t deterrent enough I think the consequence my mentor chose is obviously because I did it but for me I always hold onto guilt and the “what if” so it does help me resolve any lingering feelings with what I did. 

Good answers on this thread.  I don't have much to add except that I hope you learn a valuable lesson before harming yourself or others.  It sounds like you have someone who cares for your and your safetly.

Not to mention that the fines for use of a phone while driving (actually holding it in your hand) have become very high.