Do most ERs test implements on themselves before a spanking?

I never let my EE know it or see me do it, but I always swat the front of my bare thigh a few times with what ever implement I plan on using before a session. It reminds me of how each implement stings. That way I can judge how hard to spank with each. Just something I do. Wonder if other ERs do that.

Edited by NWMOSpanker
  • Like 3

I haven't had many partners test the implements on themselves first... other than tapping it in the palm of their hand. I wouldn't want to deliver any swats so they could try it (I have a few times - not my thing). 

I am one of those spankos who doesn't find it necessary for a Top to experience spanking or to bottom just to be a good Top. We are what we are. Same goes for testing implements - that is what I am here for. Most Tops start out cautiously and slowly (or lightly) when using a new implement.

• Like 3

Nevah do I test. But I do inspect thoroughly for any abnormalities which might hinder the "End [intended] Result" which I am looking for. Anything anywhere near the point of being excessive when delivering discipline not only defeats the purpose but also would be considered abusive. 

I have no problem with the idea. People don't feel things the same, especially those who like pain and those who don't, so I don't know how useful the knowledge is. I would prefer to be careful, and go by what the spankee says about it.

• Thanks 1

I always have my wife test a new implement on me first.  She is 100% EE so it's not something she particularly enjoys.  However, I get good information on the implement and feel more comfortable about getting the best out of it when it is my wife's bottom's turn.

• Like 1

I test them out on my palm. Actually got busted in a Walmart by a younger gal once because of it. Was shopping for a nastier hairbrush and was testing them out and figuring out which one was stingier when a young gal tells me I must be planning to spank someone with it. I have short hair so no reason to have a hairbrush, she saw right through me -instantly. Was kind of embarrassing actually. Totally caught me off guard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
56 minutes ago, Topspanker said:

I test them out on my palm. Actually got busted in a Walmart by a younger gal once because of it. Was shopping for a nastier hairbrush and was testing them out and figuring out which one was stingier when a young gal tells me I must be planning to spank someone with it. I have short hair so no reason to have a hairbrush, she saw right through me -instantly. Was kind of embarrassing actually. Totally caught me off guard.

56 minutes ago, Topspanker said:

You should have told the gal in Wal Mart it could be her if she played her cards right. After all, she brought up the subject.

• Haha 1

Yes.  Always try it on myself first.

My wife and I also usually do a session together with any new implement that is intended to help us get familiar with it.  I call those calibration sessions "spanking clinic" where we take turns whacking each other and taking notes.  Actually, it's a lot of fun.

• Like 1
On 10/2/2022 at 6:51 PM, rubyredd said:

I haven't had many partners test the implements on themselves first... other than tapping it in the palm of their hand. I wouldn't want to deliver any swats so they could try it (I have a few times - not my thing). 

I am one of those spankos who doesn't find it necessary for a Top to experience spanking or to bottom just to be a good Top. We are what we are. Same goes for testing implements - that is what I am here for. Most Tops start out cautiously and slowly (or lightly) when using a new implement.

What you say makes sense.  Since my wife and I are both switches, it's a bit of a different dynamic for us.  Even though we may have different preferences as to which implements we prefer to be spanked with, we both want to know how all of them feel.

• Like 1
On 10/4/2022 at 3:43 PM, NWMOSpanker said:

You should have told the gal in Wal Mart it could be her if she played her cards right. After all, she brought up the subject.

-Actually- She was in fact a Spanko gal. She got her butt spanked by me like 3 weeks later. Light, casual kind of scenario. She was without a doubt the most forward and comfortable “in her skin” Spanko gal I have -ever- met.

Non-abashing, full public view zero regrets type gal I have ever met. -No shit.- There is a gal on spanking tube called Emily, super cute woman, face pics the works.
I swear too god they are almost identical twins. I haven’t seen the gal in a few years since she moved but when I saw that woman on the tube, I seriously thought it was her.  

On 10/4/2022 at 3:45 PM, Topspanker said:

Should of asked her if she wanted to try it out.  She may of said YES

Just now, Topspanker said:

Thats the thing, she did say yes. it just took a few weeks to get her to commit to the idea. 

What's really strange to me personally is the frequency of how often that sort of thing happens. Honestly if we were all sitting in a coffee shop and didn't know each other, i would be the last person anyone would guess was actually a pretty damn experienced spanko. I don't have a twitter account or dating profiles, I'm not on craigslist etc. I do have a spanking tube account and have met more ee's on there than anywhere else. I don't do it intentionally.  I literally just go about my day and Most of the time they seem to find me. It's almost like they have their own backseat heat seeking guided missile radar or something. That one was pretty obvious, i was totally giving myself away completely unintentionally she called me out lickity split too and actually embarrassed the shit out of me, i totally blushed and she thought it was the funniest thing ever. Her tiny little butt looked like the kool-aid man, so it evens out in the end.

Absolutely. I would never consider using an implement on someone else without knowing full well what it feels like on the receiving end. And slapping it against one's palm in no way replicates how it feels on the posterior! Those are entirely different skin thicknesses, different muscle densities, and different nerve sensitivities.

In the case of switches, these spanking partners can test implements out on each other in a way that might be awkward in an ER/EE dynamic. During the summer of 2021, when a switch spanko couple, who were friends from SN, came to northwest Montana for a meet-n-spank with me (we did this twice that summer), I had the husband use my personal implements on me, because I knew that they would feel differently, wielded by another person, than they did when I tested them on myself. I would be lying if I told you that I enjoyed this. My implements are all professional, and some of them hurt like hell. But I knew it was the responsible thing to do. In holding myself to a high standard of conscientiousness as an ER, I take implement testing very seriously.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Chawsee said:

I would be lying if I told you that I enjoyed this. My implements are all professional, and some of them hurt like hell. 

Ms Chawsee, as usual, You are stoking the ragng fire of need and yearning among us for a serious paddling from You! You are a blessing to mankind. Hmmm, "meet & spank..." What a clever and adventurous (but scary) idea. Thank You for all You do and all You are!! -- You know i can't thank You enough!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 10/8/2022 at 4:38 PM, ammon said:

Ms Chawsee, as usual, You are stoking the ragng fire of need and yearning among us for a serious paddling from You! You are a blessing to mankind. Hmmm, "meet & spank..." What a clever and adventurous (but scary) idea. Thank You for all You do and all You are!! -- You know i can't thank You enough!

She'll do that to ya!

• 3 weeks later...

I truly have no idea if any of the women I’ve been spanked by have tested any implements out first. Honestly, if they have, I don’t want to know. I don’t like picturing my spankers any other way than in the spanking role.

I remember once, I was telling a spanker how shy and timid she was at first. I mean, I could barely feel the smacks on my bottom! I would have to actually say during the sessions “I’m not made of glass!”. And she would scold like “well…you…better behave….got it? Or…you know….I’ll….have to….whip your bottom”. So, just to show her, I used an implement on myself very hard….to show her….”see….I can take it!”. I’d start arguments during the session just to get her mad at me, so she’d spank me….as in REALLY spank me. Eventually she came out of her shell, so to speak. She doesn’t recall being so shy and timid at first, but she definitely was. Arguing with her about it gets me spanked hard now 😊

Edited by F/m_Spanking_only

As an ER, I've used implements I experienced growing up, so I know what the actual punishment can be, rather than some kind of self-test, however that works. With any similar implement, I have a good enough idea of what its potential is. I'm always careful anyway and, ultimately, it's what it feels like to her that matters.

If I was an EE, I would never ask an ER to test anything on herself. If she wants to, that's great. And if she's into being spanked, the image of it suits me just fine.