Share 5 Things About Yourself

Chawsee

Been meaning to start this thread for a long time now. I did this exercise for the first time at the Colorado dude ranch where I was a wrangler & trail guide. Those of us who hired on for the season were instructed to sit in a big circle. Then we were asked to share our names, where we're from, and a couple of random facts about ourselves. It was fun, and sometimes you learned something about folks that you never would have guessed.

Lots of variations of this game exist. I even stumbled upon an old one here on SN, but with most of those former members now gone, let's start this one fresh. No need to share our real names, unless someone wants to. And we can leave out where we reside, as our profiles show that. Moreover, we know that we're all spankos. :D Aside from those details, share 5 things about YOU.

I'll start. These may not be the best examples, but they were ones that came to mind quickly. 

1. I used to fly planes.
  2. As a college sophomore, I took Advanced Composition, a 400-graduate-level writing course, two years ahead of schedule, and I aced it with an A. That same semester, I flunked algebra. :lol:
  3. I chose adventure over a traditional life. When a fun new job or travel opportunity comes along that I want to experience, I simply pull up stakes and go. To make this easy, I am an intentional minimalist. Everything I own fits in my Suburu.
  4. My favorite bed, for nightly sleeping, is a gathered-end hammock. 
  5. Though I love all animals, cats hold a revered place in my heart.

• Like 4

I’ll roll with it, not a bad thread idea actually.

1- I have a green thumb for oddball plants. If you can think of a dwarf tree (citrus, coffee, banana etc) I probably have it.

2- I think fishing is boring. Not a fan of it, a stick of dynamite is a lot more fun than sitting in a chair holding a pole. 

3- I’m a business owner.

4- I’m massive into gold prospecting and Gem hunting, as well as sailing.

5- I read a lot of old school books on how things were done before modern technology.

• Like 1

I'll play. :) 

1. I'm a criminal defense lawyer, but my passion is writing - I have twelve novels (mysteries) and the last one was recently reviewed in the NYT.

2. I used to be fast - ran 100 meters in 10.7 seconds on a grass track.

3. I am no longer fast because I am 55 and love good food and wine too much.

4. I was on TV last Friday night.

5. I have misophonia. 

• Like 1

Fun! I like learning about people. Thanks @Chawsee!

1. I'm self-taught at the piano, and have been playing for over 25 years.

2. I still enjoy video games, and have had some of the best narrative experiences with them.

3. I'm obsessed with miniatures. Dioramas, dollhouses, and such. Basically anything tiny.

4. I love behind the scenes of movies and the filmmaking process. In another world, I would have worked in Hollywood.

5. My all time favourite food is southern BBQ, followed by tacos!

Bonus: I'm a pretty big introvert, but I generally like most people and can get along with almost anyone. 😊

• Like 1

1. When I like or love someone, I am all in, loyalty and devotion are my cornerstones - but in general I prefer dogs to people

2. I flew a stunt kite from the highest peak in the Japanese Alps

3. From New Jersey, wanted to study overseas but closest thing to a foreign country I could afford was U of Alabama.

4. Only been employed 3 times in 66 years, quit one, got fired from 2, self-employed the rest

5. When I was 32, I sold almost everything, put the rest in storage and joined Ringling Bros Circus for a year.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Topspanker said:

1- I have a green thumb for oddball plants. If you can think of a dwarf tree (citrus, coffee, banana etc) I probably have it.

2- I think fishing is boring. Not a fan of it, a stick of dynamite is a lot more fun than sitting in a chair holding a pole. 

3- I’m a business owner.

4- I’m massive into gold prospecting and Gem hunting, as well as sailing.

5- I read a lot of old school books on how things were done before modern technology.

That's cool about your green thumb. Gem hunting, eh? I'm into that, too. You read a lot of old-school books on how things were done before modern technology? I do that, also. It's good to see someone else latching onto that old wisdom.

6 hours ago, Bobbyt42 said:

1. I enjoy photography

2. I am avidly into Auto Rallying

3. I am working on my first novel

4. I’ve known my best friend practically since we were born

5. Oh, did I mention I’ve got this wee little thing for spanking?

I share a love of photography. You're working on your first novel? Wow. What genre, if I may ask?

4 hours ago, StrictGent said:

I'll play. :) 

1. I'm a criminal defense lawyer, but my passion is writing - I have twelve novels (mysteries) and the last one was recently reviewed in the NYT.

2. I used to be fast - ran 100 meters in 10.7 seconds on a grass track.

3. I am no longer fast because I am 55 and love good food and wine too much.

4. I was on TV last Friday night.

5. I have misophonia. 

StrictGent, you are so down-to-earth that no one would suspect that you're a famous author. It's an honor to have you as a friend. And congratulations on that last novel of yours being reviewed in the New York Times! Pray, do tell, what were you doing on TV last Friday night? Was it regarding the book? I would love to have seen that. 

1 hour ago, Oracle said:

Fun! I like learning about people. Thanks @Chawsee!

1. I'm self-taught at the piano, and have been playing for over 25 years.

2. I still enjoy video games, and have had some of the best narrative experiences with them.

3. I'm obsessed with miniatures. Dioramas, dollhouses, and such. Basically anything tiny.

4. I love behind the scenes of movies and the filmmaking process. In another world, I would have worked in Hollywood.

5. My all time favourite food is southern BBQ, followed by tacos!

Bonus: I'm a pretty big introvert, but I generally like most people and can get along with almost anyone. 😊

I have heard your exceptional playing, and as accomplished as you are on the keyboard, it's incredible that you are self-taught, Oracle. Didn't know that you're into miniatures. Neat! I know someone else who is, too. Movie making-- yes!! I find the making of movies even more fascinating than the movies themselves. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DunBenSpanked said:

1. When I like or love someone, I am all in, loyalty and devotion are my cornerstones - but in general I prefer dogs to people

2. I flew a stunt kite from the highest peak in the Japanese Alps

3. From New Jersey, wanted to study overseas but closest thing to a foreign country I could afford was U of Alabama.

4. Only been employed 3 times in 66 years, quit one, got fired from 2, self-employed the rest

5. When I was 32, I sold almost everything, put the rest in storage and joined Ringling Bros Circus for a year.

1.  That is a very special quality. And it's completely understandable why you generally prefer dogs to people. A stunt kite? I need to know more about this... You joined Ringling Bros for a year? For real? Far out! 

1. I write short stories(not spanking  related). Mostly dramas/Family/relationship based themes. 

2. I enjoy playing chess.

3. I'm super sensitive. Just a change of tone from my loved one's voice when they talk to me is enough to hurt me. Sometimes they may not have meant anything by it, but I just get hurt easily. A rather bad characteristic to have if I may add. 

4. My love language is physical touch.  I don't mean spankings. I love to hold hands with my partner. Just be close to her, play with her, cuddle with her etc. It makes me feel connected, secure and loved. 

5. I'm an phenomenal overthinker. If overthinking were an Olympic sport, I would've made my country proud already.  

• Like 1

OK...I will share 5 things about me I have not already shared here....

1.  I enjoy playing an acoustical guitar and singing with it. Growing up in my Amish community, we only sang in public with no instruments. My parents felt me learning to play guitar was frivolous, but I always thought guitars were beautiful. I bough5 one while a prostitute and learned with the help of one of my prostitute friends initially, but self taught mostly. My husband has encouraged me to develop the skill, and I love playing.

2. Our son... actually I am his step mother...but not evil, lol....plays football for a college and this year is their leading tackler!  We are so proud of him. In fact, we drove to see him play today (Saturday)...and they won!

3.  Our son is now engaged...and we absolutely love the girl!....but better yet...he obviously does too!

4. If all goes as planned, I will be a certified Personal Trainer by mid October. I am blending this with my LMT services for the days ahead. I plan to focus my PT skills on senior adults.

5. I did not get my drivers license until I was 25!  Growing up Amish...well...not an option...lol. Then, as a young adult, I never bothered, but DID drive "friends" cars now and then. That was one of the many "conflicts" I had with the law...culminating in my 3 year prison stay. After my release, my cousin and her husband helped me get my license.

• Like 1

Thanks for the topic, Chawsee. Always been a private person, but throwing caution to the wind since we're all practically related here on SN.

1. Favorite author: Kahlil Gibran. Favorite artist: Robert Crumb. Favorite band: The Beatles (probably), so many good ones). Favorite drink: coffee and red wine (not at the same time).

2. My family: My mother was a professional dancer. My older sister was a playboy bunny who was fired for refusing to have sex with Hugh Hefner (years ago). All my adult children have advanced degrees. I come from a language family: I speak four languages. My father spoke English, Spanish, French and Japanese. My oldest adult child has a PhD in, and is a professor of Italian, and also speaks Spanish, French, and reads Latin.

3. After I retired, I went back to read many of the books I pretended to read in high school and college (Hemmingway, Dostoyevski, Homer - I just read the study guides in school). I guess they just got better.

4. Spare time: Despite having so little of it for much of my life, I volunteered at a Hospice for 15 years. It's not for everyone, but it always kept me in touch with what was really important. Also have played guitar since age 14. Played in some amateur bands over the years (the most recent sidelined by Covid).

5. While a real detective here in the United States, on my one trip to the UK, I witnessed a pickpocket and made a "citizen's arrest" in London. The detective-constable who was assigned the case, wrote to me a few months later that they had to release the suspect the following day because I left for Edinburgh the next morning  and was not able to stay to testify.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Chawsee said:

That's cool about your green thumb. Gem hunting, eh? I'm into that, too. You read a lot of old-school books on how things were done before modern technology? I do that, also. It's good to see someone else latching onto that old wisdom.

Yes, green thumb is one of my things, I actually had a Woman over one day that said my personality and style reminds her of Anthony Hopkins in the movie Amistad. Never seen it so can't picture it. I'm more into the gold prospecting aspect but have been known to chase the beryl's and a few others with a vengeance. A lot of personal friends of mine are in some of the discovery channel shows as well. I actually enjoy taking EE's with me on those excursions and they seem to enjoy it as well. As for old wisdom, if alot of today's generations learned it and applied it instead of listening to social media influencers etc, alot of problems would solve themselves nowadays. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Chawsee said:

StrictGent, you are so down-to-earth that no one would suspect that you're a famous author. It's an honor to have you as a friend. And congratulations on that last novel of yours being reviewed in the New York Times! Pray, do tell, what were you doing on TV last Friday night? Was it regarding the book? I would love to have seen that. 

Thank you, friend. You're the best. I'll email you about theTV appearance, I don't want to ID myself too easily... ;) 

• Like 1

Great Idea! It’s not that easy to decide what to share….

1. I enjoy  meeting new people but I don’t suffer fools.

2. I have a great admiration for things British.

3. I love my job. I work in the entertainment industry.

4. I enjoy intellectual and cultural pursuits…books..music..films.

5. My perfect day is going for a long bike ride and having a great coffee. 

• Like 1

These are five things that have impacted my life, for better or worse:
1. I'm a member of MENSA with an IQ of 140
2. I'm an extreme liberal because I don't believe we have free will.
3. I was drafted during the Vietnam War which lead to the Air Force showing me I had an aptitude for electronics, which lead to a very lucrative career.
4. I was able to retire at age 54, that was 22 years ago.
5. And of course, my spanking fetish which has been, for the most part, made my love life disappointing and unsatisfying.

• Like 1
On 9/24/2022 at 10:04 PM, boy_otk said:

1. I write short stories(not spanking  related). Mostly dramas/Family/relationship based themes. 

2. I enjoy playing chess.

3. I'm super sensitive. Just a change of tone from my loved one's voice when they talk to me is enough to hurt me. Sometimes they may not have meant anything by it, but I just get hurt easily. A rather bad characteristic to have if I may add. 

4. My love language is physical touch.  I don't mean spankings. I love to hold hands with my partner. Just be close to her, play with her, cuddle with her etc. It makes me feel connected, secure and loved. 

5. I'm an phenomenal overthinker. If overthinking were an Olympic sport, I would've made my country proud already.  

Thanks for sharing, Boy_otk. I am similar to you regarding your answers to #3, 4, & 5, so I relate to where you're coming from. You are admired for possessing mature self-reflection like this at such a young age. And being super-sensitive is not a bad characteristic. You may find that with age, some things don't feel as crushing as they did when you were younger. But you are likely an empath, and as such, you will always have a gift for reading people and intuiting their emotions.

On 9/24/2022 at 10:17 PM, nicoleS39 said:

OK...I will share 5 things about me I have not already shared here....

1.  I enjoy playing an acoustical guitar and singing with it. Growing up in my Amish community, we only sang in public with no instruments. My parents felt me learning to play guitar was frivolous, but I always thought guitars were beautiful. I bough5 one while a prostitute and learned with the help of one of my prostitute friends initially, but self taught mostly. My husband has encouraged me to develop the skill, and I love playing.

2. Our son... actually I am his step mother...but not evil, lol....plays football for a college and this year is their leading tackler!  We are so proud of him. In fact, we drove to see him play today (Saturday)...and they won!

3.  Our son is now engaged...and we absolutely love the girl!....but better yet...he obviously does too!

4. If all goes as planned, I will be a certified Personal Trainer by mid October. I am blending this with my LMT services for the days ahead. I plan to focus my PT skills on senior adults.

5. I did not get my drivers license until I was 25!  Growing up Amish...well...not an option...lol. Then, as a young adult, I never bothered, but DID drive "friends" cars now and then. That was one of the many "conflicts" I had with the law...culminating in my 3 year prison stay. After my release, my cousin and her husband helped me get my license.

Thank you for sharing, Nicole. I've lately been blessed by getting to know you personally, as you are such an interesting, sincere, and kind person. I did not know, however, that you play the guitar! Big admiration for you there. :)

• Like 1
On 9/25/2022 at 3:34 AM, spike said:

Thanks for the topic, Chawsee. Always been a private person, but throwing caution to the wind since we're all practically related here on SN.

1. Favorite author: Kahlil Gibran. Favorite artist: Robert Crumb. Favorite band: The Beatles (probably), so many good ones). Favorite drink: coffee and red wine (not at the same time).

2. My family: My mother was a professional dancer. My older sister was a playboy bunny who was fired for refusing to have sex with Hugh Hefner (years ago). All my adult children have advanced degrees. I come from a language family: I speak four languages. My father spoke English, Spanish, French and Japanese. My oldest adult child has a PhD in, and is a professor of Italian, and also speaks Spanish, French, and reads Latin.

3. After I retired, I went back to read many of the books I pretended to read in high school and college (Hemmingway, Dostoyevski, Homer - I just read the study guides in school). I guess they just got better.

4. Spare time: Despite having so little of it for much of my life, I volunteered at a Hospice for 15 years. It's not for everyone, but it always kept me in touch with what was really important. Also have played guitar since age 14. Played in some amateur bands over the years (the most recent sidelined by Covid).

5. While a real detective here in the United States, on my one trip to the UK, I witnessed a pickpocket and made a "citizen's arrest" in London. The detective-constable who was assigned the case, wrote to me a few months later that they had to release the suspect the following day because I left for Edinburgh the next morning  and was not able to stay to testify.

Wow, Spike! Had no idea that you are such a multi-faceted individual. Every one of these is impressive.