Spanking: Physical versus Result

I'm sure I'm not the only one here (at least I hope not) who likes the physical spanking itself in addition to the result. Whether you are spanked for guilt relief, behavior modification, stress relief, fun, etc., do you like the physical spanks or just the result, and if so why?

I'm not sure why I like the spanks, I know why I like the result and even though the spanks are key to achieving those results; I don't have to like them, but I do. What about you?

• Like 1

Some spankings can be enjoyable for me depending on implement and longevity of the spanking.

Disciplinary spankings are not enjoyable for me at the time given, but I can't deny that feeling residual soreness and thinking about it later can be. The best part for me is really feeling at peace, purged of guilt or stress, feeling cared for (and maybe re-living it, too 😉).

• Like 5
11 minutes ago, OhRedhead said:

Some spankings can be enjoyable for me depending on implement and longevity of the spanking.

Disciplinary spankings are not enjoyable for me at the time given, but I can't deny that feeling residual soreness and thinking about it later can be. The best part for me is really feeling at peace, purged of guilt or stress, feeling cared for (and maybe re-living it, too 😉).

Yup...ditto

My context for spanking is disciplinary. So, for me...spankings really do help me correct behaviors, motivate improvements, and relieve guilt...the "results" are these things which help me move forward positively. For me, I "need" the physical aspect spanking brings to my awareness...in order to help me benefit from those results by actually deciding to put them into actions and choices. Sorry...I am struggling to express myself here, but trying. 

The physical spankings are needed...at least with me...to reap positive results. I think I have grown alot in 15 years...at least I hope so. But I am still a work in process and there are many parts of my life that I cannot yet deal with on my own, and need that firm loving hand of my husband to guide and focus me...thru spanking. 

Lots of words again...I apologize...but I guess I do this to mind of work it thru in my own mind....but..I "enjoy" both equally. Even in pain, there is release and...endorphins...lol....and...I sleep so well after a good spanking....and I feel loved knowing someone cares enough about me to hold me accountable...and be there for me as I move forward.

• Like 1

For me, there are distinct differences between spankings. Playful, erotic spankings I fully enjoy from the spanking to the after effects. However, a true discipline spanking is not enjoyable at all for me and I don’t want it to be. For it to act as any kind of deterrent or consequence to change my behavior, it needs to be strict, firm, and unpleasant.  The after, though, is wonderful: the release of guilt, feeling the effects of the spanking, feeling cared for enough to give me what I need even if in the moment it isn’t what I want, that I love!!

I'm strange. Let's just make that clear. lol. I've never actually experienced any physical pleasure from a spanking, however, I can still imagine it being pleasurable. I feel like I understand the pleasure others get from it, that the butt is an erogenous zone for some, and that spanking is a sensation unlike most other experiences of pain. When I've spanked my wife, it's part of sexual foreplay, and I know what I'm doing to make a moderate degree of pain into a sensual experience that turns her on. Even with a discipline spanking, one can target it, and modulate it, to be an acceptable pain. I can also imagine that, after a punishment spanking that is not enjoyed, the residual tenderness can be an erotic stimulus.

My attraction to spanking is as discipline, but it's a very special method of punishment that is, ultimately, a desire fulfilled. The psychology is more important to me than the physical, and the mental part is also full of acceptable paradox.

While I have fantasized about spanking for a good majority of my life, I don't actually enjoy the spanking...spankings hurt!  I am very drawn to this type of discipline and accountability though and it is incredibly motivating to me.  Having structure and being held accountable to my goals through spankings has really improved my life (and fulfilled my greatest fantasies).  While I don't enjoy the pain of the spanking, I do enjoy that warm, stingy sensation after a spanking...the longer that lasts, the better!  XOXO

• Like 1
16 hours ago, nicoleS39 said:

My context for spanking is disciplinary. So, for me...spankings really do help me correct behaviors, motivate improvements, and relieve guilt...the "results" are these things which help me move forward positively. For me, I "need" the physical aspect spanking brings to my awareness...in order to help me benefit from those results by actually deciding to put them into actions and choices. Sorry...I am struggling to express myself here, but trying. 

The physical spankings are needed...at least with me...to reap positive results. I think I have grown alot in 15 years...at least I hope so. But I am still a work in process and there are many parts of my life that I cannot yet deal with on my own, and need that firm loving hand of my husband to guide and focus me...thru spanking. 

Lots of words again...I apologize...but I guess I do this to mind of work it thru in my own mind....but..I "enjoy" both equally. Even in pain, there is release and...endorphins...lol....and...I sleep so well after a good spanking....and I feel loved knowing someone cares enough about me to hold me accountable...and be there for me as I move forward.

I totally agree.  I know there are many types of spankings however when I'm on the receiving end, it's been mostly for disciplinary purposes.  I have a monthly-reviewed contract which details my expected behavior and tasks I'm required to complete.   I don't like to get the strap and/or cane when I don't comply withy contract.  I do accept that I need the guidance which a loving and caring discipline provides.  The swelling and redness which may last a week and the marks which may last a couple weeks are a proud badge I wear - not for what I did wrong or didn't accomplish but for what I was able to take to correct my errors.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, noragirl said:

While I have fantasized about spanking for a good majority of my life, I don't actually enjoy the spanking...spankings hurt!  I am very drawn to this type of discipline and accountability though and it is incredibly motivating to me.  Having structure and being held accountable to my goals through spankings has really improved my life (and fulfilled my greatest fantasies).  While I don't enjoy the pain of the spanking, I do enjoy that warm, stingy sensation after a spanking...the longer that lasts, the better!  XOXO

I can relate to the "warm, stingy sensation after a spanking"....and how being held accountable really helps. And yes...fantasy fulfillment is kind of a residual benefit sometime too...lol. I did not really experience the fantasy part of spanking until a year or two into my real life submissive relationship with my husband...so maybe when I was 26 or so...it was kind of like my "fantasies" of spanking were "buried" before that...latent...waiting to be awakened by real experience...which is exactly what happened in my case.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, spnkswtch said:

I totally agree.  I know there are many types of spankings however when I'm on the receiving end, it's been mostly for disciplinary purposes.  I have a monthly-reviewed contract which details my expected behavior and tasks I'm required to complete.   I don't like to get the strap and/or cane when I don't comply withy contract.  I do accept that I need the guidance which a loving and caring discipline provides.  The swelling and redness which may last a week and the marks which may last a couple weeks are a proud badge I wear - not for what I did wrong or didn't accomplish but for what I was able to take to correct my errors

Wow...sounds like you get some pretty severe discipline. It is that "appreciation" for guidance through the use of spanking that kind of makes the pain...worth it. 

• Like 1

This is an interesting topic. The pain to me is wanted, not because it feels good, but because it feels like punishment. Real pain makes it real punishment. Spanking punishment is tangible communication between a disciplinarian and their charge. It's a powerful message that is the spanker's measurement of justice. If there's no spanking, a light spanking, or a severe one, the message has been made clear. The message delivered by the respected person in a position of authority is a central part of the experience to me. The painful aspects of punishment, or the threat of such, are in service of the psychological need, not a physical need.

• Like 2

The "results" mean almost nothing to me. I'm in it entirely for the physical sensations. In fact, the hardest spanking possible, with the least amount of marking, is ideal to me, for the damage done is not causing the spankee to lose as much sensitivity. (The harder you play, the harder you eventually have to play for the same effect.) So I like a nice deep-pink bottom. Not seeking battle scars. For folks who prefer disciplinary sessions, the power exchange, "mind f***," and physical results afterwards are probably of far more significance.  

On 9/22/2022 at 5:06 PM, nicoleS39 said:

Wow...sounds like you get some pretty severe discipline. It is that "appreciation" for guidance through the use of spanking that kind of makes the pain...worth it. 

Yes, my discipline is very thorough and painful.  Throughout the years, I've learned how to take and process the pain with both the mindset I get in and physically through allowing my whole body process the pain and breathing.  I always accept what I need to endure.  I know it works and see that the end results are worth it.  I'm very fortunate and appreciative that I have a friend who understands what I need and cares enough about me to take on the task to provide me what I need.