Spanking Threats in Books, TV / Movies

I am one of that group of spankos who likes to hear "ass" in a spanking threat... whip your ass, for example.

One of the few times I have seen the threat in print was in Martin Hegwood's Big Easy Backroad. I had picked up the book on a whim (in 2002 or something) and was surprised to find a spanking threat. I still have the book even though I never finished it. 

What spanking threats have you read or heard that have stuck with you? 

Screenshot_20220809-055351_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a08886f09f96e6ed3c3c2c4fb401f8e7.jpg

45 minutes ago, alyssandra said:

Laura Ingalls Wilder shared several spanking references in her novels. 

I remember all of those. Did you ever read any of the books by Ann Rinaldi?

City Boy by Herman Wouk is an obscure one but memorable for me. It was assigned reading in middle school and I remember the acute embarrassment I felt when it came time to discuss that chapter in class. 

• Like 1

There were some books that I can't remember the title of (and I've been trying for years). They were children's books. Two twin daughters of a minister got into various hijinks and often got spanked after church. It was a series and there was at least one spanking each book. I read and re-read them a lot but I can't remember anything else about them.

There was another series about a Jewish family and one time the older daughter came home after curfew and the dad was waiting for her--grabbed her and started spanking her. Except it wasn't her, it was her friend who was with her. The father got so flustered that he never did spank his daughter.

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, brigitta said:

There were some books that I can't remember the title of (and I've been trying for years). They were children's books. Two twin daughters of a minister got into various hijinks and often got spanked after church. It was a series and there was at least one spanking each book. I read and re-read them a lot but I can't remember anything else about them.

There was another series about a Jewish family and one time the older daughter came home after curfew and the dad was waiting for her--grabbed her and started spanking her. Except it wasn't her, it was her friend who was with her. The father got so flustered that he never did spank his daughter.

Was the twins series called "Double Trouble"?

1 hour ago, rubyredd said:

Was the twins series called "Double Trouble"?

I don't think so. They were younger than that. Maybe 8-10 years old. And it had heavy religious messages in each book.

• Thanks 1

The very first spanking story I read was in Penthouse True Confessions. I don't remember the name but I could tell you the whole dang gum story.. lol. I read that same story till the letters fell off the page. It was about this lesbian couple Domme/sub. Geez it was one hot story in detail. And this was before the internet. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, David5 said:

The very first spanking story I read was in Penthouse True Confessions. I don't remember the name but I could tell you the whole dang gum story.. lol. I read that same story till the letters fell off the page. It was about this lesbian couple Domme/sub. Geez it was one hot story in detail. And this was before the internet. 

I had not thought of Penthouse True Confessions in ages. I loved those back in the day. 

• Thanks 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't remember the name of the neighbor, but in "Small Wonder", the girl who lives next door to VICKI threatens to hold her breath until her face turns blue. To which her mother says "then it will match your other end, which will be black and blue".

When I was a kid, spanking threats were common in TV shows, and lots of cartoons had brief spanking scenes. That line just gets me because of how abusive it is. You'd never get away with a line like that today, unless to show the parent was abusive.

• Thanks 1
On 8/10/2022 at 5:43 PM, brigitta said:

I have a terrible memory when it comes to fiction I've read. I can read something a year later, and be well into it before it dawns on me, hey, this is not new. I can't remember any good spanking threats. When I was young I read pretty much everything in Reader's Digest. There were many references to spanking, and spanking scenes, always non-sexual discipline as one would expect in that publication. Now I have only vague images in my mind of a few scenes. There were also two pulp fiction novels I picked up in a little bookstore where the main character traveled around from here to there, and it seemed everywhere she got into some kind of trouble that earned her a spanking from someone she had just met. I had never read anything like this before. Considering how powerful these kinds of scenes were to me, I should remember some details.

• Like 2

As a kid and still today Mark Twain is my favorite author.  Poor Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn were always getting “lickings” from at home to in school.  I was always mad at Tom for taking Becky Thatcher’s spanking in school.  

• Thanks 1

I remember our teacher reading the book "Cheaper by the Dozen" out loud in class growing up. There were several mentions of spanking, including the following quote from the book that I found on the internet, which was music to my ears hearing our teacher read it: 

"Grandma always was threatening to skin someone alive, or draw and quarter him, or scalp him like a red Indian, or spank him till his bottom blistered. 

Grandma averred she was a great believer in “spare the rod and spoil the child." Her own personal rod was a branch from a lilac bush, which grew in the side lawn. She always kept a twig from this bush on the top of her dresser. 

“I declare, you're going to catch it now," she would say. “Your mother won't spank you and your father is too busy to spank you, but your grandma is going to spank you till your bottom blisters." 

• Thanks 1