Quarantine Hobbies?

These past couple years have been difficult for everyone, and even though things have opened up (depending on where you live I guess), I am curious if anyone has found new hobbies to just fill the time? For example, I have amassed quite the scrapbook collection and I also started working with acrylic paints and pouring mediums to create fun abstract paintings!

• Like 2

I definitely have! I started studying electronics; I am working on improving a shameful failing, i.e. I'm terrible at Math; I started tending plants in the house; I started writing actual letters to people again; I have been studying Photoshop and graphic design; and I spent a lot of time improving my handwriting!

2 hours ago, DaChief said:

I was doing a lot of nature photography in 2020. Last year I discovered the video game Skyrim, even though it's already been out for a decade. 

I spent a shameful amount of time wandering around in Skyrim when it came out. For a 10 year old game (an aeon in gaming years) it still totally holds up.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Misterfirmhand said:

I spent a shameful amount of time wandering around in Skyrim when it came out. For a 10 year old game (an aeon in gaming years) it still totally holds up.

It does hold up. Hall of Fame stuff right there. 

I love Skyrim! My friends and I used to play, maybe I should get back into it!

And I have also been collecting houseplants during quarantine @Misterfirmhand! Coming from someone who has a history of killing cacti, I have been thoroughly impressed by my ability to keep about 10 houseplants alive during the past year!

• Like 1

When Covid hit, I was working at an in-home job that included board, so isolating there in the homeowner's wooded subdivision, 15 minutes from town, wasn't much different from what I was already used to. I had my employer-housemate, and local friends continued visiting. I'm actually more secluded now, care-taking a property on a mountaintop. Due to the narrow, icy road up here (it's still winter in Montana's high country), I commute down into town only occasionally.

The location is remote and lovely. I have a wood stove, a WiFi connection, and some critters, both domestic and wild, for company. This free-time is a luxury I haven't been able to enjoy since 2020, so I'm cherishing the quietude while launching into all kinds of online adventures: counseling sessions, training for a different career, joining an online Christian group, cleaning and oiling implements, starting a brand-new book (The Art of Corporal Punishment by Lady Pandora), and tackling three "Judge Judy" books. :lol:

Edited by Chawsee

Trying to learn another language; Portuguese - I already have a decent working knowledge of the language, but no one to practice with (especially during Covid). Also trying to (or better said: tried) to learn Wolof (spoken in Senegal). REALLY no one to practice with, and difficult. This one is for sharper minds than mine.

I finished a graphic novel about being a spanko...and then started on another one...also about being a spanko :) I also spent alot of time fighting with my boyfriend...and getting spanked by him less than I wanted to be :)

6 hours ago, BrittyH said:

I got back into reading!

Same here! Read much more in the past two years, and am loving it. Any recommendations?! A Gentleman in Moscow is mine, a beautiful and uplifting book.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, StrictGent said:

Same here! Read much more in the past two years, and am loving it. Any recommendations?! A Gentleman in Moscow is mine, a beautiful and uplifting book.

I read a lot of romance and true crime. I got really into Sarah J Maas’s novels. If you like a really good, well written detective novel, Tana French’s Dublin Murder Squad series is EXCELLENT! I’m also in the middle of MindHunter right now