Update on Site Maintenance and Problem Fixes, PLEASE

The site continues to be plagues by lags and times when it won't even load.  We haven't heard anything since October but no noticeable improvement in awhile.  Please give us an update.  I strongly encourage a thread I can direct people to re: their specific questions.

• Like 5

How long has this problem existed?  It's been so long I can't even remember.  I think expecting any lasting improvement is nothing more than fantasy.  The funny thing is that I see other sites using Invision that continue to work properly.

This post was brought to you from beyond the grave. 

• Like 2

The freeze-ups and lags are probably the worst they've ever been, at least for me. Sometimes I try to log in, and after a few attempts, each spanning several minutes in length, I give up. It seems that early mornings or late evenings are the only times I can even get on anymore. Another issue that has worsened is the tendency to submit a post and find it duplicated. This used to happen occasionally, but now it's a common glitch. SN has a lot going for it, and it means so much to Child of Light. I hope, for her sake, that this can be resolved. Thank you for starting this thread, @Drooaygah

• Like 2

Are they really even trying to fix it, or just saying that to appease people?   Because the problem never gets any better.  The only time it’s any better is on days when fewer people are logged on, and even then it doesn’t operate like a normal site.  And it’s true that mornings and nights are your best bet, if you can get on at all.   I have lightening fast 5G WiFi, and still can’t get on sometimes.   Issues like this can be costly to fix, and I suspect that’s the real problem,  that the site owners can’t afford to fix it.  Because you can’t tell me they’ve really been trying to pinpoint the problem for months and months now and still can’t figure out what’s wrong.  

• Like 2

Are they really even trying to fix it, or just saying that to appease people?   Because the problem never gets any better.  The only time it’s any better is on days when fewer people are logged on, and even then it doesn’t operate like a normal site.  And it’s true that mornings and nights are your best bet, if you can get on at all.   I have lightening fast 5G WiFi, and still can’t get on sometimes.   Issues like this can be costly to fix, and I suspect that’s the real problem,  that the site owners can’t afford to fix it.  Because you can’t tell me they’ve really been trying to pinpoint the problem for months and months now and still can’t figure out what’s wrong.  

Hey guys, our IT is going to be responding shortly. We did an upgrade that seemed to help and then another (for the software) I have not been online for awhile and just realizing the problem did not resolve. The staff is going to be having my personal email and cell phone number going forward. Both will direct to me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
On 11/23/2021 at 6:42 PM, Child of Light said:

Hey guys, our IT is going to be responding shortly. We did an upgrade that seemed to help and then another (for the software) I have not been online for awhile and just realizing the problem did not resolve. The staff is going to be having my personal email and cell phone number going forward. Both will direct to me. 

Thank you CoL for all that you do.