Questions for those who practice caning....

My husband use a rod...or what might be considered, a cane on me now and then for discipline. I am just wondering how those of you who practice caning, either as receiver or giver...do it.  If you want, you just copy and paste these questions into a response you may be so kind as to contribute.  You can just answer each one from there....if you want.

Here are the questions I am curious about....

What material is the cane? such as...bamboo, delrin, wood, hard rubber, fiber glass, rod of some kind, or something else

Approximately what length is the cane used?

Is the cane applied to bare skin?

How is the spankee typically positioned?

Where on the body are cane strokes applied?

Are the strokes applied with minimal tapping, moderate effort, or with the full ability of the spanker.

Does the cane typically leave marks such as streaks, bruises, welts?

Approximately how many cane strokes arevapplied in a more intense caning?

What is the rythm of cane stroke application?  That is, slow and deliberate or fast and furious flurries of strokes, or something in between or mixed?

Is some form of restraint for the spankee to limit their movement during the caning?

To be fair...I will answer the questions too...since I am asking you to...

What material is the cane? such as...bamboo, delrin, wood, hard rubber, fiber glass, rod of some kind, or something else....Husband says it is a delrin rod, which is some kind of plastic, with thin strips of rubber braided around it the entire length of the rod and then there is a leather encased wood handle. He made this himself about 5 years ago....and uses it on me now and then, but not on a routine basis.

Approximately what length is the cane used?.... He says the rod itself is 30 inches long, and handle is 6 inches long.

Is the cane applied to bare skin? Yes

How is the spankee typically positioned?.... For caning, I am bent over.

Where on the body are cane strokes applied? ...On my butt and the backs of my legs. A few time on the fronts of my legs...which really stings.

Are the strokes applied with minimal tapping, moderate effort, or with the full ability of the spanker....I would say 3/4 to full strength. I can hear the woosh sound and the smack.

Does the cane typically leave marks such as streaks, bruises, welts?...yes, when he canes me I have streaks, lines. They are usually very well spaced across my butt in parallel lines and up and down my legs the same way....kind of precise consistent with his engineering nature...lol. The marks from my  canings last as long as 4 or 5 days before they disappear completely, depending on where they are, The ones on the fronts of my legs take the longest to disappear. He canes me for more intense disciplinary issues.

Approximately how many cane strokes arevapplied in a more intense caning?...I have received as many as 75...Husband tells me. I do not count and have never been asked to.

What is the rythm of cane stroke application? .... That is, slow and deliberate or fast and furious flurries of strokes, or something in between or mixed? A mix of deliberate interspersed with fast flutties of maybe 10:or so vert quick ones.

Is some form of restraint for the spankee to limit their movement during the caning?...Yes....when I am caned I am strapped over a trestle he has made. If he does the fronts of my legs, I am restrained standing at attention, ankles and legs strapped together, my wrists in leather restraints attached above my head to the celing.

What material is the cane? such as...bamboo, delrin, wood, hard rubber, fiber glass, rod of some kind, or something else

It can be made of any pf those materials although the traditional material ere on Rattan.

Approximately what length is the cane used? - I prefer 32 inches

Is the cane applied to bare skin? - I prefer to cane across a bared bottom as I think it s mch safer tht way as you can see the results insantly

How is the spankee typically positioned? - For maximum effect the spankee should be in a bent over position as that tenses the bottom cheeks.

Where on the body are cane strokes applied? - From just where the thighs meet the bottom cheeks up to an nch or teo beloe the top of the bottom

Are the strokes applied with minimal tapping, moderate effort, or with the full ability of the spanker. - that very much depends on the caner  . . . . 

Does the cane typically leave marks such as streaks, bruises, welts? Typically yes it does and the harsher the strokes the longer the stripes will last.

Approximately how many cane strokes are applied in a more intense caning? In my view than 18 strokes wpuld be given

What is the rythm of cane stroke application?  That is, slow and deliberate or fast and furious flurries of strokes, or something in between or mixed? - Again down to the caner, but I like to leave s long gap between strokes so the full sting sinks in, and that also helps stop the bottom becoming desensitized too soon . . . 

Is some form of restraint for the spankee to limit their movement during the caning?  If the spankee is to o active then restraints can be used, or the threat of additional strokes also works to keep them still.

What material is the cane? such as...bamboo, delrin, wood, hard rubber, fiber glass, rod of some kind, or something else

- my Husband uses Delrin

Approximately what length is the cane used?

-  24”

Is the cane applied to bare skin?

- yes

How is the spankee typically positioned?

- in diaper position

Where on the body are cane strokes applied?

- the crack and hole

Are the strokes applied with minimal tapping, moderate effort, or with the full ability of the spanker.

- moderate effort

Does the cane typically leave marks such as streaks, bruises, welts?

- the thicker cane bruises, the thinner cane welts

Approximately how many cane strokes arevapplied in a more intense caning?

- 12 is the most intense ever, 6-8 on average

What is the rythm of cane stroke application?  That is, slow and deliberate or fast and furious flurries of strokes, or something in between or mixed?

- slow and deliberate

Is some form of restraint for the spankee to limit their movement during the caning?

- no restraint, i am on my back with ankles grasped at ears, spread wide