Cane Technique

One of these is a perfectly administered 'five bar gate' courtesy of Miss Sultry Belle and one is from Girls Boarding School.  Cane applied from top left to bottom right, reasonably evenly but hardly great technique.  All the emphasis is on the cheek furthest away from the caner.  Probably caused by standing in the wrong place to begin with.  How important is cane technique to you?

Upload.PNG

• Like 2

Technique is very important to me when it comes to the cane. A careless caner is never good. 

Sometimes my husband likes to do the perfect six to start - just to see the pretty lines. But we all know six is never enough. 

• Like 1

i enjoy seeing the set of stripes. I have had them applied by an expert in London quite a few times.

I am developing my technique as a top. Currently practicing on a pillow and chair. It was suggested many years ago in a Nuwest-Leda article.

P

i enjoy seeing the set of stripes. I have had them applied by an expert in London quite a few times.

I am developing my technique as a top. Currently practicing on a pillow and chair. It was suggested many years ago in a Nuwest-Leda article.

P

I have to say my love of canes came slowly.  I'd seen them used primarily in the harshest of ways.  And the person being caned never seemed to be getting any enjoyment from it.  It wasn't until someone who I trusted and knew was experienced enough caned me that I finally understood  just how amazing the can could be.  I do love stripes and welts that the cane leaves on a willing bottom.  

For me duplicating the exacting marks of a professional isn't a goal but leaving a trail that indicates a path from top to bottom is so delicious.  

20170626_230207 (1).jpg

• Like 1
On 10/4/2021 at 1:32 PM, SimplyRed said:

One of these is a perfectly administered 'five bar gate' courtesy of Miss Sultry Belle and one is from Girls Boarding School.  Cane applied from top left to bottom right, reasonably evenly but hardly great technique.  All the emphasis is on the cheek furthest away from the caner.  Probably caused by standing in the wrong place to begin with.  How important is cane technique to you?

Upload.PNG

Very nice!!

On 10/5/2021 at 1:38 AM, Painter said:

P

practicing on a pillow is fine for aim and so on but you won't know if your technique is spot on until you cane a bottom. If you're right handed and too far back the right cheek of the sub will take most of the stroke, you neeed to view the resulting stripe and assess. If its a whippy cane yo almost want to catch the left cheek and let it whip into the right. With practice you get there.

Having taken the cane as well as giving it, it is important to get it evenly on both cheeks.

29072012279.jpg

• Like 1
On 10/4/2021 at 5:23 PM, rubyredd said:

Technique is very important to me when it comes to the cane. A careless caner is never good. 

So true, @rubyredd. my Husband canes only my crack and hole with me in diaper position, and so taught Himself the technique for downward strokes. He’s right-handed and therefore stands to the left of me so His right shoulder aligns with my centerline.

On 10/8/2021 at 12:01 PM, Unclespanks said:

practicing on a pillow is fine for aim and so on but you won't know if your technique is spot on until you cane a bottom. If you're right handed and too far back the right cheek of the sub will take most of the stroke, you neeed to view the resulting stripe and assess. If its a whippy cane yo almost want to catch the left cheek and let it whip into the right. With practice you get there.

Having taken the cane as well as giving it, it is important to get it evenly on both cheeks.

29072012279.jpg

8 out of ten.  Nobody gets 10 so that's pretty good!