I don't know about you, but for me the work day starts and no matter how I feel I have to put a smile on my face, kick in the cheery disposition, and do what needs to get done. Colleagues, managers, subordinates all expect a certain way of acting (whether on Zoom or whatever, or in person) irrespective of how you really feel.

At times I can almost lose track of where the façade ends and my real feelings begin. This morning I had the opportunity to stand bare butt in front of the mirror and let a bath brush do the talking. Maybe for the first time in a couple of days what I felt was real. The grimacing, and involuntary ouch, the increasing soreness were (are) all real, no facade, no 'false' smile just real spanks and real soreness. I feel so much better. I don't know what you'd call it; it's not a punishment spanking or even stress relief/relaxation.

Maybe the best name is a 'reality check' spanking. I have a conference call to get on to in a bit, I'll smile and be upbeat; but I'll also be sitting on a sore bottom. No one else but me will know, and this time the smile will be real because the soreness will help keep me anchored.

I hope you all have a good day. 

• Like 1

This is a form of stress relief and I've been experiencing it for more than 60 years.  In fact, it is probably the main reason for me being the way I am.  There is no pretending, no disguise, no looking for or trying to hide the truth.  In the aftermath of a spanking, there is a peace and calm to the soul.  I can then face the world for what it is and what I am.  I can not imagine what sort of person I would be without it.  I don't think I'd even want to try.

1 hour ago, Stephen_C said:

This is a form of stress relief and I've been experiencing it for more than 60 years.  In fact, it is probably the main reason for me being the way I am.  There is no pretending, no disguise, no looking for or trying to hide the truth.  In the aftermath of a spanking, there is a peace and calm to the soul.  I can then face the world for what it is and what I am.  I can not imagine what sort of person I would be without it.  I don't think I'd even want to try.

My spankings help keep me calm, and help clear my head.  For better or worse they have become the major coping mechanism with the constant stress these days. I don't know where I would be without that outlet. I've been doing this steadily for about 4 years. I can honestly say they are incredibly valuable and often quite enjoyable. A good sound spanking cures a lot of ills, I also do not know where I would be with them.

8 hours ago, selfsp12 said:

I don't know about you, but for me the work day starts and no matter how I feel I have to put a smile on my face, kick in the cheery disposition, and do what needs to get done. Colleagues, managers, subordinates all expect a certain way of acting (whether on Zoom or whatever, or in person) irrespective of how you really feel.

At times I can almost lose track of where the façade ends and my real feelings begin. This morning I had the opportunity to stand bare butt in front of the mirror and let a bath brush do the talking. Maybe for the first time in a couple of days what I felt was real. The grimacing, and involuntary ouch, the increasing soreness were (are) all real, no facade, no 'false' smile just real spanks and real soreness. I feel so much better. I don't know what you'd call it; it's not a punishment spanking or even stress relief/relaxation.

Maybe the best name is a 'reality check' spanking. I have a conference call to get on to in a bit, I'll smile and be upbeat; but I'll also be sitting on a sore bottom. No one else but me will know, and this time the smile will be real because the soreness will help keep me anchored.

I hope you all have a good day. 

Well said. Thank you for sharing.