Hello all, 

I want to first apologize for the site extreme lag. This was part of a lot of issues <that we are doing our best to resolve> and troubleshoot. We've updated to the most current of the forum software (another release was just let out since my last week update). 

@Mystery Man Did some updates to the back-end last night and I am doing some updates to the front-end (theme); in the meantime only the black theme will show up as the others need a major update. We know that this theme isn't ideal for everyone and will try to have a light theme running ASAP.

• Like 3

Thanks. The lag issues have been full blown time outs for me for about 2 or 3 weeks now and I can only connect for brief periods every few days. I look forward to the resolution of the lag problems. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the update. Yes, performance is sometimes an issue but I think people need to acknowledge that a slow free site is better than a site w a pay wall or many ads. Appreciate the update child of light. 

• Like 1

@Child of Light, thank you for the update. This is undoubtedly a challenging task to tackle, so we applaud you and @Mystery Man.  Also, you are appreciated for working on a lighter-themed background option. The black background with white font is hard to read for some of us with middle-aged eyes. Also, things that are cut & pasted onto a black background appear black, as well. The two quotes you have in your signature bar are a good example. I can't even see what they say. 

Also, would deleting all the "dead" accounts (ones that have been dormant for 5+ years) free up some space? Just a thought....

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Chawsee said:

@Child of Light, thank you for the update. This is undoubtedly a challenging task to tackle, so we applaud you and @Mystery Man.  Also, you are appreciated for working on a lighter-themed background option. The black background with white font is hard to read for some of us with middle-aged eyes. Also, things that are cut & pasted onto a black background appear black, as well. The two quotes you have in your signature bar are a good example. I can't even see what they say. 

Also, would deleting all the "dead" accounts (ones that have been dormant for 5+ years) free up some space? Just a thought....

It's not a space issue that is causing the lag (we would just increase storage if that was the issue). But rather complicated how the server is connecting to the software and how it's releasing its load. Dormant accounts aren't causing any issues. 

32 minutes ago, Child of Light said:

It's not a space issue that is causing the lag (we would just increase storage if that was the issue). But rather complicated how the server is connecting to the software and how it's releasing its load. Dormant accounts aren't causing any issues. 

Oh, okay. I see....

At first I liked the black background, but for reasons @Chawsee mentioned, it got to where I don’t like it either.   It’s hard to read in certain lighting, though I hate to think of myself as middle age.   😏   Also, a recent thread question was next to impossible to make out due to it being black on black.   I liked the blue background we had recently.   Can we get that back?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Chawsee said:

I'm doing my best to be patient, but this is appalling. Tonight it's at least twice as bad as it was a month ago. 

The errors are in the Db and each crash we are troubleshooting the errors. There has been a few patches made. But for it to fully fix the logger is trying to find the root cause. We appreciate everyone’s patients as we are working through this (ps light theme should be up tomorrow and I’m not a dark theme fan). 

• Like 1
On 9/16/2021 at 5:33 AM, SpudStateSpanky said:

At first I liked the black background, but for reasons @Chawsee mentioned, it got to where I don’t like it either.   It’s hard to read in certain lighting, though I hate to think of myself as middle age.   😏   Also, a recent thread question was next to impossible to make out due to it being black on black.   I liked the blue background we had recently.   Can we get that back?

We’re in the process of updating that version. That theme had to be re-written by scratch. 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, shygurl said:

They are working on the site and doing their best to get things straight. Have some patience everyone!!!

Everyone HAS been patient, but patience wears thin when a problem never seems to get fixed.  This has been this way for way too long.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, SpudStateSpanky said:

Everyone HAS been patient, but patience wears thin when a problem never seems to get fixed.  This has been this way for way too long.

We don’t make any profit off SN (or break even). It’s purely a site we want to run to help people speak about their kinks. The co-admin and I both are essential workers during COVID and have both lost people in our Iives in the past year. It's not been easy. I've kept people updated on various solutions we've worked with our host the past 8 months on (and software company). It has not been an easy fix. We've been scaling back the site's features to see if a bug is within a plug in and purposely inducing the site to crash for troubleshooting reasons. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Child of Light said:

We don’t make any profit off SN (or break even). It’s purely a site we want to run to help people speak about their kinks. The co-admin and I both are essential workers during COVID and have both lost people in our Iives in the past year. It's not been easy. I've kept people updated on various solutions we've worked with our host the past 8 months on (and software company). It has not been an easy fix. We've been scaling back the site's features to see if a bug is within a plug in and purposely inducing the site to crash for troubleshooting reasons. 

Sorry you’ve lost people.  That’s rough.  And thanks for being essential workers.   My comment to @shygurl was because she made it sound like we’re all impatient and being difficult.  I think we’ve been very patient.  This problem has persisted in varying degrees for months now, and we’ve all put up with it.  I really never heard anyone say much about it until the site was almost inoperable 3/4 of the time.  So I’m sharing the issue from OUR perspective. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, SpudStateSpanky said:

My comment to @shygurl was because she made it sound like we’re all impatient and being difficult.  I think we’ve been very patient.  This problem has persisted in varying degrees for months now, and we’ve all put up with it. 

Admin is aware of the problems. There is no need to come back every few days and complain. The problems aren't their fault. As stated, it's the server and software company. It's not an easy fix and they are doing their best. It's being worked on daily.

This site is offered to everyone for free. It's ad free.  There is no one locking out members and asking for money every couple of months, which is happening on other sites.  Admin offers this site so we have a place to share and talk about TTWD.  No one is entitled to this site.  Saying "We've all put up with it" is a slap in the face to those offering this site.

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, shygurl said:

Admin is aware of the problems. There is no need to come back every few days and complain. The problems aren't their fault. As stated, it's the server and software company. It's not an easy fix and they are doing their best. It's being worked on daily.

This site is offered to everyone for free. It's ad free.  There is no one locking out members and asking for money every couple of months, which is happening on other sites.  Admin offers this site so we have a place to share and talk about TTWD.  No one is entitled to this site.  Saying "We've all put up with it" is a slap in the face to those offering this site.

I don't see the need to speak to us in this manner.  Members are providing feedback on the site.  If you do not wish to get feedback from users of the site, and would not like any assistance, then simply state as much.  There is much expertise available from the users here, and sharing may produce a solution.  I suspect, based on my observations using the site, the solution is simpler than you are making it.  However, I have told others not to offer advice since, as you have show here, input is treated with hostility.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, SeatWarmer said:

I don't see the need to speak to us in this manner.  Members are providing feedback on the site.  If you do not wish to get feedback from users of the site, and would not like any assistance, then simply state as much.  There is much expertise available from the users here, and sharing may produce a solution.  I suspect, based on my observations using the site, the solution is simpler than you are making it.  However, I have told others not to offer advice since, as you have show here, input is treated with hostility.

Moderators are free to express how they feel. There is a feedback section for a reason. I understand that its frustrating the site isn't working properly (trust me; it's not as simple as what we've put out; and it's been stressful for myself and @Mystery Man) - but we are doing the best we can given the situation. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I too have been intensely frustrated by the site's problems, and made my opinion forcefully know.  CoL and MM have stepped up to the plate as best they can so that's good enough for me.

As to the feedback issue:  up until Monday when I finally had enough, I've been coming on nightly and asking for just that.  And I'm not surprised to hear some people are frustrated.  And I understand.

However, pissing and moaning, acting like an abuse victim, threatening that the site will fail, and offering unsolicited and uninformed technical opinions is simply pathetic.  No one is abusing the members - the owners are doing the best they can.  If people choose to abandon the site, that's their business.  All the other spanking sites have their issues as well.  If you really think you know something about how to address the site's technical issues, contact Mystery Man or CoL.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Drooaygah said:

I too have been intensely frustrated by the site's problems, and made my opinion forcefully know.  CoL and MM have stepped up to the plate as best they can so that's good enough for me.

As to the feedback issue:  up until Monday when I finally had enough, I've been coming on nightly and asking for just that.  And I'm not surprised to hear some people are frustrated.  And I understand.

However, pissing and moaning, acting like an abuse victim, threatening that the site will fail, and offering unsolicited and uninformed technical opinions is simply pathetic.  No one is abusing the members - the owners are doing the best they can.  If people choose to abandon the site, that's their business.  All the other spanking sites have their issues as well.  If you really think you know something about how to address the site's technical issues, contact Mystery Man or CoL.  

With over two decades of professional experience myself, and with the the extensive experience of other professionals here, there is probably a century of experience available.  Not exactly uniformed.  It is a shame you don't want to take advantage of it and would rather diminish the visitors to your site.

• Like 1

I would like to offer my thanks for all the hard work that is going in to sorting the site out.

Yes its frustrating yes its inconvenient but we can live with it to get this great site back up and running again.

Please be patient and remember how much you enjoy the site  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Drooaygah I just wanted to let you know I appreciated and respect and also glad you feel you can freely express change needing to happen with the site. Communication of what was going on was a must. And you helped remind me of that.

So, for everyone confused the last few months - I am sorry for not being more transparent on the work we have been doing [and struggles]. But we have not given up on this site. I love this community, and it's were I found myself at. And so honored to help run her. Sometimes when everything add's up and you're having a lot of anxiety you don't know how to put into words what is going on. 

• Like 3