Spanking Needs Forums

What Makes a Good Role Play Scene?

One of the features I liked when I found this site was the Chat and the possibility to actually talk to people, but also the idea of Role Paly was pretty inviting component.  For anyone who has had a really good Role Play scent it can feel very real,  in some cases connecting, funny and for some it may offer the only way to actually play at this TTWD.  

So here is my question. For you, what makes a really good Role Play scene?  What makes you seek out others to play?  What do you feel when you are engaged?

Details! I love details. I need a bit of world-building and setting. There is one ER here that is incredibly good at building a whole scene and his roleplays are wonders to behold. I roleplay consistently with a few people and each one is good at providing details. 

Variety - I don't want the same scene each time. Some do, but not me. 

Realism - not every spanking needs to be the hardest, worst spanking ever.

1 hour ago, rubyredd said:

Details! I love details. I need a bit of world-building and setting. There is one ER here that is incredibly good at building a whole scene and his roleplays are wonders to behold. I roleplay consistently with a few people and each one is good at providing details. 

Variety - I don't want the same scene each time. Some do, but not me. 

Realism - not every spanking needs to be the hardest, worst spanking ever.

@rubyreddAll of this!

• Like 1

Well now there is something you don’t see everyday. A female switch and female EE discussing role play! 

Details is true- every last detail has to be covered, from start to finish, including details before the “start,” meaning location, room “temperature,” the works.

Variety is the spice of life. Same scene, location, even down to implements used has too be switched up or it gets mundane and next to impossible to “Stay in character.”

Realism is the big one for me. Nothing kills a scene faster than someone faking character. Doesn’t happen very often, but when it does, yeah, scenes dead, try again. 

I find one of the best goals in a good role play is the try to renew in the spankee the feelings about spankings and discipline as when it was new to them.  The nervous energy, embarrassment, excitement, and fun.  Becoming new characters, in new settings, trying different punishments, and even different dynamics.  Different scenes can lead to varying levels of authority over a spankee, from a slight dominance in a new couple role play, to absolute in other types of roleplay.  Exploring can help keep it from being simply an urge or a need to very exciting.

Roleplaying can also be a good method of learning new ideas from others.  When in play, myself or others tend to be much more willing to reveal more hidden or embarrassing desires.  Expanding horizons in spanking can keep it fresh and interesting and help you understand fetishes or desires you may have dismissed in the past.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Topspanker said:

😳😳 Shit my bad. 🤣. I’m seriously dying laughing right now. I can’t believe auto correct up and fucked me on that one! 

Something tells me I’m never going to hear the ending of this one. 

@Topspanker I'm good but I'm sure a certain some one who I won't name... @rubyredd ... might give  just a little grief.

1 hour ago, SeatWarmer said:

I find one of the best goals in a good role play is the try to renew in the spankee the feelings about spankings and discipline as when it was new to them.  The nervous energy, embarrassment, excitement, and fun.  Becoming new characters, in new settings, trying different punishments, and even different dynamics.  Different scenes can lead to varying levels of authority over a spankee, from a slight dominance in a new couple role play, to absolute in other types of roleplay.  Exploring can help keep it from being simply an urge or a need to very exciting.

Roleplaying can also be a good method of learning new ideas from others.  When in play, myself or others tend to be much more willing to reveal more hidden or embarrassing desires.  Expanding horizons in spanking can keep it fresh and interesting and help you understand fetishes or desires you may have dismissed in the past.

@SeatWarmer  It really can be an amazing explorative dance.  And each conversation each role play is informative and added buttons to push and play with.  It is one of the best ways to find hidden context to what it all means for each person. Particularly for those who are not fortunate enough to have someone r/l to explore with or are new and exploring.

On 9/2/2021 at 12:57 AM, CaliSpanker53 said:

Here is a question.  How much does misspelled words impact a role play scene? Do have to correct as you go...leave it...and does seeing someone typing and retyping slow the scene down and affect your enjoyment?

I tend to correct as I go - for typos. But, if my RP partner misspells a word, I don't care; it doesn't affect the scene. My point there is dont go back and correct if already posted and errors don't increase your anxiety... mainly because it does slow down the scene.

• Like 1

I must admit I do enjoy a good roleplay and the detail is important, as is the more life like the better. 

I have had many on chat here and like to immerse myself into the scene. sometimes to the detriment of the spelling and grammar. 

Perhaps if bad grammar and spelling mistakes are consistent, even in normal chat, it may become annoying.  However, if those things primarily crop up in role play, it can be signal the other person is really enthusiastic about the role play.  Perhaps a bit rushed from excitement or feeling shivery, and can make you feel good the other person is so into it.

I would say the biggest issue during cyber role play are slow mobile chatters.  Waiting a long time, or getting gibberish words in response, can really take your mind out of it.  I also prefer to single-task while roleplaying, and not chat up someone else when I should be paying attention to my role play partner.

Of course, just my opinions.  There is no role play police.

1 minute ago, SeatWarmer said:

.  I also prefer to single-task while roleplaying, and not chat up someone else when I should be paying attention to my role play partner.

Of course, just my opinions.  There is no role play police.

couldn't agree more I will only chat to the person i am roleplaying with