New Guideline: Data & Identifying information (Tuesday August 10th 2021)

Data & Identifying information 

Full names, Email Addresses, Physical Addresses, and Phone Numbers will not be permitted to post on public forums or chat rooms. You are free to do so in private messages. However, we ask that you take caution when giving personally identifiable information to others on this site, as you do so at your own risk. SpankingNeeds cannot be responsible for any information you provide other members, no matter if giving in a public or private space on this site.

The staff will also be moderating information that members post about other members. If identifying information is found being posted about others, those can be subject to removal and held as infringing on the consent of others. Unless all parties consent, it's not acceptable to "trade" photos as if they were baseball cards. Don't ask. Giving out someone else's identifying information (private or public) will not be allowed unless it's clear the 3rd party has agreed that their information has consented in that manner it was given.

Please refer to the "Writing, Photographs and Videos," "Spamming," "Link Sharing" and "Spanking Services" portions of the Guidelines and note that are to protect members. Evidence of trying to bypass Guidelines will be taken at a higher standard. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Good rule, but it's next to impossible for me to read because it doesn't have any spaces between lines. I have extreme difficulty reading electronic text if it's in a block any longer than five or six lines, and I can't read it at all if it's any longer than seven or eight lines. This is at the limit of my reading capability, and if I'm having this trouble, it's possible others also might.

There are several different rules and procedures in this one paragraph. Having them all pushed together like that makes individual pieces easy to miss. How about a separate paragraph for each main idea? One for no posting your own personal info, one for "we are not responsible for any information you provide other members," one for each piece of the "don't post other people's info" part, and one final one to the "Please refer [to other sections]" part.

One more recommended fix: 

Giving out someone else's contact information without their permission (private or public) will not be allowed unless it's clear the 3rd party has agreed that their information has consented in that manner.

Confusing wording, to say the least. Information doesn't consent. And if giving someone else's contact information without their permission isn't allowed, there can't be any "unless." 

And that rule just covers contact information. Based on the wording, it can be assumed that it's okay to mention someone's real name and hometown as long as you're not giving their street address, email address, or phone number. "Identifying information about others" is mentioned up thread, but not so strongly worded.

Suggestion: Giving out someone else's contact information, real name, home town, or other identifying details without their permission (private or public) will not be allowed. Never include another person's information in a post, chat, or private message unless the other person has given you their informed consent to do so and you make that clear. Any such information given without making it clear that the poster has the other person's consent to do so will be removed.

The first issue is just a wording issue and can be fixed :)

The 2nd I think this clearly defines it: 

The staff will also be moderating information that members post about other members. If identifying information is found being posted about others, those can be subject to removal and held as infringing on the consent of others. 

The list above about first person identifying information were just examples of personal identifying information. On 2nd party information we are going to go case-by-case. Along with what had been stated above and in the other guidelines.  Personal identifying information is more than what I listed and can be an endless amount of trivial factors. In this area I'd rather be more vague and people use their common sense. For example members can post images of themselves which are personal identifying information but they can not of another person without consent. 

We have a header that states that the guidelines apply to all aspects of the site and that chat guidelines are the same as forums.

• 2 weeks later...

Wordage changed in 2nd paragraph: 

The staff will also be moderating information that members post about other members. If identifying information is found being posted about others, those can be subject to removal and held as infringing on the consent of others. Unless all parties consent, it's not acceptable to "trade" photos as if they were baseball cards. Don't ask. Giving out someone else's identifying information (private or public) will not be allowed unless it's clear the 3rd party has agreed that their information has consented in that manner it was given.

This change is on purpose so that people do not loophole. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...