https://columbiafederalist.com/home/2017/11/27/columbia-football-credits-success-to-coach-bagnolis-spanking-tent

I am not sure how true this or not but certainly interesting.. I have always wondered if any professional coaches used old school methods (even though this is college I believe.)

I used to be the announcer for high school gymnastics meets. At my first meet I was surprised to see that when the girls were warming up, after each girl practiced a vault and was coming back to the team the girls would form a gauntlet and smack her rear end as she ran through them to the back of the line. They were not love taps, either. This was apparently a gymnastics tradition, as I saw numerous teams do this. For some reason it was only when practicing the vault, not the other events. I found this rather interesting, though I was too busy (and too old) to pay much attention and was quite far away up in the announcers' booth.

39 minutes ago, IndySpanko said:

I used to be the announcer for high school gymnastics meets. At my first meet I was surprised to see that when the girls were warming up, after each girl practiced a vault and was coming back to the team the girls would form a gauntlet and smack her rear end as she ran through them to the back of the line. They were not love taps, either. This was apparently a gymnastics tradition, as I saw numerous teams do this. For some reason it was only when practicing the vault, not the other events. I found this rather interesting, though I was too busy (and too old) to pay much attention and was quite far away up in the announcers' booth.

Interesting. I never heard of that with gymnastics. And I've certainly never seen it on TV (although I'd like to). I've seen it with girls volleyball and of course it happens with many of the male sports.

• Like 1

There was a much publicised case in the UK about a decade ago. A well-known former international cricketer turned coach used to administer the cane to the young men whom he was mentoring and coaching.

It apparently went on for some years.

Eventually he caned an eighteen year old who did not appreciate it, and reported it to the police as indecent assault.

As best I remember it wasn't found to be 'indecent' as the only contact with the complainant's bare flesh was rattan and not the coach. However a court found him guilty of assault. 

There was much fuss in the media trying to work out how many "big names" in the sport had had to drop their trousers and bend over a chair like naughty schoolboys over many years---

• Thanks 1
On 5/22/2021 at 7:30 PM, Needing correction! said:

There was a much publicised case in the UK about a decade ago. A well-known former international cricketer turned coach used to administer the cane to the young men whom he was mentoring and coaching.

It apparently went on for some years.

Eventually he caned an eighteen year old who did not appreciate it, and reported it to the police as indecent assault.

As best I remember it wasn't found to be 'indecent' as the only contact with the complainant's bare flesh was rattan and not the coach. However a court found him guilty of assault. 

There was much fuss in the media trying to work out how many "big names" in the sport had had to drop their trousers and bend over a chair like naughty schoolboys over many years---

That is pretty interesting! But I feel like players would probably fear even telling their story. If they found out any professional player was getting spanked/paddled/caned that news would be huge. So would you really want the whole world to know you got spanked by the coach.. I could see it being something they would not want to publically share.

1 hour ago, Cavsalltheway23 said:

That is pretty interesting! But I feel like players would probably fear even telling their story. If they found out any professional player was getting spanked/paddled/caned that news would be huge. So would you really want the whole world to know you got spanked by the coach.. I could see it being something they would not want to publically share.

I suspect that is why it had gone on for years.

• Like 1

On many baseball/softball teams I played on used to punish for mental errors or bonehead plays after the game by having the guilty party or parties crawl thru the spread legs of the rest of the team members while each swatted their butt.   Used to be called 'running the wickets'.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2021 at 9:57 AM, cowboy said:

On many baseball/softball teams I played on used to punish for mental errors or bonehead plays after the game by having the guilty party or parties crawl thru the spread legs of the rest of the team members while each swatted their butt.   Used to be called 'running the wickets'.

I had never heard of those!

There was a post sometime ago about Olympic Figure Skating Champion Sarah Hughes. Allegedly, during one competition, she mouthed off to an official and her father bared her bottom and spanked her in front of several people. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I recall Hughes was pretty spunky and cheeky in those days, so I could envision that happening to her. I am sure she was no Tonya Harding.  Speaking of cheeky and sports, college gymnasts outfits accentuate the bottom and usually part of their bare bottoms show.  I sometimes contemplate if spanking goes on behind the scenes; similarly in Volleyball where female players constantly give congratulatory pats on the bum to teammates.

Worldwide+Orphans+10th+Annual+Gala+A1RBgSi0d_mx.jpg

• Like 1
On 5/19/2021 at 1:59 PM, countspankulot said:

Interesting. I never heard of that with gymnastics. And I've certainly never seen it on TV (although I'd like to). I've seen it with girls volleyball and of course it happens with many of the male sports.

Oh i just saw this and ties in ironically to my prior post, thanks for sharing!

• Like 1