Spanking Needs Forums

"Ritualistic Beatings"

I saw a headline in a local paper about this, recently. The article under the headline merely described how boys in an orphanage were caned (not very severely) but always using the same procedure (or 'ritual'). 

I'm sure most of us who were subject to traditional correction in our mid-late teens had it in a 'procedural' manner.....at home or at school. I was always corrected in exactly the same manner, position, etc at home and similarly at school, albeit through clothing in the latter case.  

But it involved getting into a certain position (the same every time) and keeping still while the strokes were delivered (same instrument, same timing, usually the same six strokes). It was a convenient 'routine' in which both the teen and the parent/teacher played a part, rather than a 'ritual'.

I'm corrected in very much the same way now. It's not a RITUALISTIC BEATING; it's just a safe system that works for both the parties involved in the corrective act.

It's typical 'press talk' to stir things up.

Anyone else get exercised about this, or am I the only one?

I think there's a crucial difference here: you're participating in a consensual routine. The boys being caned in the orphanage are not.

If it's not consensual, "ritualistic beating" probably does describe it better.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Bramblewine said:

I think there's a crucial difference here: you're participating in a consensual routine. The boys being caned in the orphanage are not.

Exactly this.

• Like 1

There are routines and rituals in most spanking play, it’s engrained into most of our brains and part of what many of us love just as much as spanking itself. That’s why we treat our implements with such reverence, men usually follow the same formats for a session (aka. Scolding then spanking then cornertime, etc)

14 hours ago, Bramblewine said:

Another vote for this -- precisely the difference, well said.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, StrictGent said:

Another vote for this -- precisely the difference, well said.

Ritual when Im giving a disciplinary spanking.

Shuck'em and shuffle 

From farthest corner Shuffle inch by inch to disciplinarian. Jeans all the way down to the ankles. Panties all the way to the knees. Rubbing bottom with both hands, the entire time. Sticking out bottom lip with pouty face.

Note: You will go back and start over if any of the following happen. If you stop rubbing even for even a second. If your panties fall past the knees. If you bottom lip isn’t always pushed out.

Pros to Shuck’em and Shuffle. Spankee is an active participant in discipline process. Shows the Disciplinarian it’s consensual by submitting to it. Aids in putting both panties in the right mindset. Kick starts the power exchange in both panties.

Cons for Shuck’em and Shuffle to spankee: Very juvenile and embarrassing approaching disciplinarian like a child. No covering front-- hands actively rubbing the whole time. Childish pouty face with bottom lip always pushed out.

59 minutes ago, IntsenseSwitch said:

Ritual when Im giving a disciplinary spanking.

Shuck'em and shuffle 

From farthest corner Shuffle inch by inch to disciplinarian. Jeans all the way down to the ankles. Panties all the way to the knees. Rubbing bottom with both hands, the entire time. Sticking out bottom lip with pouty face.

Note: You will go back and start over if any of the following happen. If you stop rubbing even for even a second. If your panties fall past the knees. If you bottom lip isn’t always pushed out.

Pros to Shuck’em and Shuffle. Spankee is an active participant in discipline process. Shows the Disciplinarian it’s consensual by submitting to it. Aids in putting both panties in the right mindset. Kick starts the power exchange in both panties.

Cons for Shuck’em and Shuffle to spankee: Very juvenile and embarrassing approaching disciplinarian like a child. No covering front-- hands actively rubbing the whole time. Childish pouty face with bottom lip always pushed out.

I have never heard.of the "shuck'em and shuffle".  I love it and may use it next time!

• Like 1

Interestingly, the Housemaster often said 'I'm going to beat you' when announcing the sentence as we attended at lunchtime to report various misdemeanours. Most would end up with lines on paper, but some ended up with lines across the miscreant's behind.

The entire process was highly ritualised, but this was not a liturgical process, simply custom and practice that had been around for generations and had acquired ritual status.

As the recipient of that 'I am going yo beat you' information on many an occasion, I can assure readers that it was definitely a beating that was given later that day, evidence of which was around for several days, even weeks.  Not an enjoyable experience at all.

The context here is that a number of adults who were teenagers around 1978-82 were subject to physical correction: three or for strokes of the light cane administered to the clothed bottom. The 'ritual' is that they held on to the arms of a chair.

'Sometimes there were marks for a day or two.'

It sounds significantly less severe than the canings I had at home and school at the same age/similar years.

Yet these adults are trying to get compensation for the 'severe ritualistic beatings' to which they were subjected....

yet in all honesty they sound rather milder than most schoolboys might have received. At my house and in my school it was six: bare posterior at home, through a single layer of clothing at school. The marks lasted significantly longer than a 'day or two'!

17 hours ago, Oldhand said:

Interestingly, the Housemaster often said 'I'm going to beat you' when announcing the sentence as we attended at lunchtime to report various misdemeanours. Most would end up with lines on paper, but some ended up with lines across the miscreant's behind.

The entire process was highly ritualised, but this was not a liturgical process, simply custom and practice that had been around for generations and had acquired ritual status.

As the recipient of that 'I am going yo beat you' information on many an occasion, I can assure readers that it was definitely a beating that was given later that day, evidence of which was around for several days, even weeks.  Not an enjoyable experience at all.

In my house at school the word was caning, but at least one other housemaster used the word beating.

• 1 month later...

Thank goodness corporal punishment was abolished in the UK. Some orphanages and private schools had sadistic people, who treated children in an appalling way. Some have been brought to justice in recent years

I did receive corporal punishment during my childhood at home and school. I would not say I was lucky, because I'd rather not have been on the receiving end, but didn't believe any were sadistic, thankfully. A few over the knee spankings by a couple of female teachers and headmistress at primary school, which were not particularly hard, a handful at home which were carried out in a loving and caring way, and caned three times by my headmaster across the seat of my trousers whilst over his desk. All three were deserved, and was marked for a few days afterwards.