Spanking Needs Forums

Implements and Responses

In the last few months I have had experiences that have reminded me just how personal the response is to different implements.

In the first case, a long session with a variety of implemented, things went well but nothing spectacular.  Then I had the we cut me a switch (her first time with this). When I applied the switch to her bare bottom as she lay over my knee the response was electric. She is now, as she would say, 'a fan.'

In the second situation,  months later with a different ee, nothing was quiet clicking until I broke out the wooden spoon. Same response as above.

I am intrigued by how each person will have a response, physical/psychological so varied.

Thoughts, comments?

• Like 2

Each spanko is an individual hence the different responses. I knew a girl who could take harsh spankings with a paddle but couldn't tolerate 2 mins with a leather implement. Different implements have different sensations. some are thuddy, others stingy and produce a sharper pain and then you have others that have a mix of both. Plus, even with one implement, say the cane for example, there are a variety of materials used and different diameters. The thicker the diameter, the less stingy it is. Also, synthetic canes have different sensations. Rattan has a bite and it's more stingy but delrin doesn't have the same bite and is more thuddy. Fibreglass canes are more closer to the sensation, of rattan, than any of the other synthetic canes.

I can tolerate most implements but my favourites are the rattan cane and the sjambok. The sjambok is stingy but also has some thud to it. My least favourite are leather and some synthetic paddles- they just do nothing for me.

It certainly doesn't surprise me, that your ee's liked different implements.

• Like 2

Yep.... different spankees seem to respond differently. And, it seems almost impossible to predict the responses. 

The crop is an interesting implement. Its most unique characteristic is - it is easy to control and extremely accurate. A “crop swat” is almost always perfectly “on target”. It is perfect for the “sit spots” or “lower cheeks” area. However, the crop seems to scare some spankees. Some might even prefer a more painful implement like a rod, cane, or paddle. It is definitely difficult to predict a spankee’s reaction to implements. 

• Like 2

I equate certain implements strictly with discipline / punishment, while others have a distinctly erotic place in my heart. A cane will always be erotic. 

Hairbrush paddles and wooden bathbrushes are effective for discipline / punishment and both have a marked effect on my attitude. If my partner wants me to feel like I am in trouble, these are the go-to implements. 

A switch can be both sensual and strident - depending on how it is used. Leather straps and belts are usually reserved for discipline or funishment. 

I am not a fan of any synthetic materials for implements - no plastic spoons or hairbrushes, no lexan. That is just a personal preference.

• Like 3

I would imagine that there is a certain combination of feel and emotional and/or mental connection with the spanker, the circumstance or the implement.

We may know why we're drawn to certain things, we may not.

Bot, oh what fun to find out!

• Like 1

Spanking is largely psychological and social for me. That’s really encoded in, and expressed by, the formal ritual of spanking. From either side. And the implements are a huge part of that.

Implements are just one of many things that really holds a lot of psychic energy for me.

My experiences growing up in the discipline I received, as well as kids around me. Stories from my seniors. Things in film, literature, TV. Stories from other spanko friends. Spankings given, had, witnessed. All those give implements energy, excitement, meaning. 

So yea. I’m totally hot/cold implements. Giving and getting. For a whole constellation of reasons I’m not wholly aware of.

Totally. I remember playing with a newbie once and I was trying out different implements on her. When I got out the cane I figured she would hate it but she actually liked it. After that, I snapped here with a dragon-tail and she jumped up, with daggers in her eyes, and said "Oh Hell No!"

On 4/19/2021 at 10:09 AM, SETN said:

Yep.... different spankees seem to respond differently. And, it seems almost impossible to predict the responses. 

The crop is an interesting implement. Its most unique characteristic is - it is easy to control and extremely accurate. A “crop swat” is almost always perfectly “on target”. It is perfect for the “sit spots” or “lower cheeks” area. However, the crop seems to scare some spankees. Some might even prefer a more painful implement like a rod, cane, or paddle. It is definitely difficult to predict a spankee’s reaction to implements. 

I think fear of the unknown may be a factor in some people's hesitancy regarding different implements, at least at first. Someone may know or at least be able to imagine what it feels like to be spanked with a spoon, slipper, spoon, or paddle. Something like a crop or a flogger, not so much perhaps. Just an observation from my experiences. 

On 4/19/2021 at 10:09 AM, SETN said:

I am glad to hear, that other men focus on the "sit spots" or "lower cheeks"    And in my case the "upper thighs"  got burned too.  (bruised).  I was never spanked with a crop but I see you point of being on target. 

My ex husband over a period of time used a variety of implements.   I seem to hate them all and they all seem very effective.  I hated the disciplinary  spanking but at he same time I realized they were good for me and helped me mature.  He loved to make it hard for me to sit,  and all implements seem to have me  crying and kicking soon.  I was a cry baby and he said I had the most tender bottom of any one he had ever spanked. 

I have so far not found anything I have 'liked.' Even if anticipation is high, I want the spanking to end quite shortly after it begins, no matter the implement. I seem to tolerate thuddy more than stingy generally, though. And I do seem to reach a point, after a longer spanking, where I feel like I am unbreakable. I still feel the pain (which I don't enjoy), but I can cope with it better.

I should note, though, that my spankings have either been very short non-disciplinary ones OR long disciplinary ones. I often wonder whether a long non-disciplinary spanking might feel very different, especially with a warm-up. Perhaps there are implements I would also enjoy if I tried them in that context.

11 minutes ago, OhRedhead said:

I should note, though, that my spankings have either been very short non-disciplinary ones OR long disciplinary ones. I often wonder whether a long non-disciplinary spanking might feel very different, especially with a warm-up. Perhaps there are implements I would also enjoy if I tried them in that context.

I think you would notice a difference - a longer non-disciplinary spanking with a good warm-up might let you enjoy the implements more. 

• Like 1

My most dreaded implement is the switch except with my "aunt" in the lifestyle. She wore me out with a wooden spoon once (at least 10 yrs ago) for something I've been doing since I was a kid. Now anytime the thought even crosses my mind, or I see a wooden spoon, I remember that night and haven't done it since. I don't even know when I'll see her again, but not taking any chances. Daddy won't even use the spoon on me because of the emotional tie attached to it. All she has to do is give me the look to tell me it's coming, and I'll straighten up really quick...

• Like 1

I recently added to my collection two London Tanners implements, a leather paddle and a strap. There is just something about the snap and burning sting of leather on a bare behind. Good ol' home-grown discipline at its best! I'm still passionate about the sensation of the human hand, though, especially if I'm the one on the receiving end of it. :D

• Like 5

Definitely the wooden and acrylic paddle is what gets to me the most. 

Whether applied over my pajamas or boxers or on the bare, it has me in agony and literally screaming into my pillow. My wife usually applies it first over some layer of clothes and on the bare only for a bit at the end, which prevents bleeding which happened before. Usually with me bent over our table.

The worst is when she has me benf my knees and stretch the butt out so it’s more tense. 

• Like 1

My go to implements are a couple of different weight wood bath brushes, or a plastic bath brush. They are easy to use, effective, and something about the sting and the way they sound when striking bare flesh, rings with me.  Always my favorites to use. To me though, and I've never experienced either,  is the hand and a leather belt. They seem like the things for the quintessential  spanking. Of course if I ever do experience either, especially the belt, I might think quite differently; but sometimes after a good spanking it is fun to fantacize about a good belting.

12 hours ago, Chawsee said:

I recently added to my collection two London Tanners implements, a leather paddle and a strap. There is just something about the snap and burning sting of leather on a bare behind. Good ol' home-grown discipline at its best! I'm still passionate about the sensation of the human hand, though, especially if I'm the one on the receiving end of it. :D

I have two from London Tanners, as well. Which ones did you get?

20210419_145414.jpg

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Hank The crank said:

What a GREAT collection!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks. This doesn't include my canes or rugbeaters. 

Just now, rubyredd said:

Thanks. This doesn't include my canes or rugbeaters. 

We have the leather paddle {Upper right} and I enjoy 20 or so hard licks from that one one the lower part of my ass cheeks!!

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Hank The crank said:

We have the leather paddle {Upper right} and I enjoy 20 or so hard licks from that one one the lower part of my ass cheeks!!

Ouch!

That is a impressive collection of implements. You must get your share of over the knee spankings too. Is their one implement that you feel is the severest rubyredd ?

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Spankingmyhuby said:

That is a impressive collection of implements. You must get your share of over the knee spankings too. Is their one implement that you feel is the severest rubyredd ?

Many of them can be used OTK quite easily. The school-style paddles are quite heavy and the bathbrush is effective. All of the implements can be both severe and fun. 

9 minutes ago, rubyredd said:

Many of them can be used OTK quite easily. The school-style paddles are quite heavy and the bathbrush is effective. All of the implements can be both severe and fun. 

I noticed you do not have and Lexan paddles . I just received two Lexan paddles yesterday, but have not used either paddle on my husband yet. What is your opinion about Lexan paddles rubyredd,have you ever been on the receiving end of one?