Spanking Needs Forums

Language improvement?

Has anyone taken on a spanking program to help improve language choices? It’s not that I have a major problem with it,  but after changing jobs recently, I’ve found there’s times where I catch myself using words at work that I’d rather not. 

I’ve heard of things like a swear jar, or just simply reporting it to your spanker, but wanted to see if anyone else has experience with a program that works.

I've done points-logbook with people who want to improve their language. 

The system can be adapted to a variety of different behavioral issues. 

For language, you assign a specific number of points to words you would be trying to eliminate from your vocabulary. And you set a tipping point, at which a punishment is given, and becomes non-negotiable. Then each time one of those words is used, you note it in that log, and keep a running total of points. 

Your disciplinarian needs to be aware of how many points you have earned, and it may work best if they are in charge of keeping the logbook so you can't cheat the system. 

Yes, improving language (both speaking and writing) is something my current spankee and I work on. Thankfully he's a very willing student when it comes to these suggestions. His need for this is no reflection on his intelligence, though. We all have our gifts and strengths. He's a natural in math and sciences and grasps concepts in both of these subjects that leave me helplessly baffled. :D

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Chawsee said:

Yes, improving language (both speaking and writing) is something my current spankee and I work on. Thankfully he's a very willing student when it comes to these suggestions. His need for this is no reflection on his intelligence, though. We all have our gifts and strengths. He's a natural in math and sciences and grasps concepts in both of these subjects that leave me helplessly baffled. :D

As the spankee Miss Chawsee is referring to, I’ll vouch for this.  I’m very much a natural in math and sciences, but my language and grammar have needed some improving and I’m thankful for the guidance and discipline.  I consider myself lucky that she’s so strong in that subject, and I respect her judgement.

Early in my marriage I spanked my wife for swearing and it worked quite well. She definitely reduced the frequency. I think less significant behaviors like this are much better addressed with spanking than more serious issues like weight loss, smoking, etc.

Not sure how I feel about this. Used well, swearing can be appropriate. But if you swear every other word, I can see a a problem.

• 4 weeks later...