Language improvement?

Has anyone taken on a spanking program to help improve language choices? It’s not that I have a major problem with it,  but after changing jobs recently, I’ve found there’s times where I catch myself using words at work that I’d rather not. 

I’ve heard of things like a swear jar, or just simply reporting it to your spanker, but wanted to see if anyone else has experience with a program that works.

I've done points-logbook with people who want to improve their language. 

The system can be adapted to a variety of different behavioral issues. 

For language, you assign a specific number of points to words you would be trying to eliminate from your vocabulary. And you set a tipping point, at which a punishment is given, and becomes non-negotiable. Then each time one of those words is used, you note it in that log, and keep a running total of points. 

Your disciplinarian needs to be aware of how many points you have earned, and it may work best if they are in charge of keeping the logbook so you can't cheat the system. 

Yes, improving language (both speaking and writing) is something my current spankee and I work on. Thankfully he's a very willing student when it comes to these suggestions. His need for this is no reflection on his intelligence, though. We all have our gifts and strengths. He's a natural in math and sciences and grasps concepts in both of these subjects that leave me helplessly baffled. :D

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Chawsee said:

Yes, improving language (both speaking and writing) is something my current spankee and I work on. Thankfully he's a very willing student when it comes to these suggestions. His need for this is no reflection on his intelligence, though. We all have our gifts and strengths. He's a natural in math and sciences and grasps concepts in both of these subjects that leave me helplessly baffled. :D

As the spankee Miss Chawsee is referring to, I’ll vouch for this.  I’m very much a natural in math and sciences, but my language and grammar have needed some improving and I’m thankful for the guidance and discipline.  I consider myself lucky that she’s so strong in that subject, and I respect her judgement.

• Like 1

Early in my marriage I spanked my wife for swearing and it worked quite well. She definitely reduced the frequency. I think less significant behaviors like this are much better addressed with spanking than more serious issues like weight loss, smoking, etc.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I was a foul mouthed vulgar cursing person.....used MF lots....before meeting my husband. I had lots of pent up anger after I ran away from home and got involved in my early adult life of prostitution, drugs, alcohol, stripping, and eventual prison. I guess I came to think of cursing and vulgarity as a way fit in with the world I was in. After meeting my husband and being in a church and such, I still struggled with bad language because...it had become a habit and pattern of behavior for me. My husband made it very clear such was not acceptable....and I got many tannings when I blurted things out. We discovered, as I grew less angry inside and gradually more given over to my husband as his servant wife, my cursing and vulgarity lessened....but the habit side still raised its ugly head now and then. 

To this day, I still have setbacks, but I am 100 times better with my language than 15 years ago...for sure!

Besides spankings...administered as close to the time of infraction as possible for privacy...and there have been many....my husband has washed my mouth with soap multiple times....placed me in a muzzle for set periods of time, the longest I remember being 12 hours....placed clothes pins on my tongue and have me kneel at attention with my arms folded behind my back....drooling for 2 hours or so....

and made me apologize to various people on multiple occasions. 

I used to be one of those people who never swore. At most, if I hurt myself I’d say “Cuss!” 

That’s changed and I now swear a lot more. The minister I work for even encourages it as she says there are times when an expletive is the only appropriate response. My husband has always had a very colorful and creative language.

My view on language has always been which is that if it can't be used in front of a public forum, antifa gatherings excluded here, then it is inappropriate & therefore punishable. Discipline for using inappropriate language has usually, in most cases, had a positive "Impact" [intended] 😁

• Like 1

My wife knows that using a certain word will get her punished, by that I mean a bar of soap in her mouth for one minute and then a bare-bottom paddling.

This has only been done around five times and it was very effective.   The word that she is punished for is a word that I don't use in her presence either.

Cursing can be fine if you can control where you use it.

Its use in certain employment environments could be deadly to moving ahead or keeping a job at all.

It's all about self-control.

If that doesn't work, control can be imposed or taught through mentoring that could indeed use soap and spanking.

• 2 months later...

For me my mouth gets me in the most trouble.  I can't control my mouth all the time. Swearing is something that is not allowed. I used to just get spanked then my wife added mouth soaping then she said as long as she is washing my mouth with soap why not clean the other end so she gives me a 2 to 3 quart enema. It has helped a lot. I don't hardly swear much but sometimes I slip up.

I was able to successfully cut down on my swearing with the help of my partner. It had gotten a bit out of hand due to extra stress. I think I was allowed 4 swears a day, ideally none in front of others (I swear a lot when I am driving alone 😁). The spankings really worked, along with my desire to stop the behavior.

2 hours ago, OhRedhead said:

The spankings really worked, along with my desire to stop the behavior.

Yes, they do. Tho' the desire to stop must be an integral part. It's essentially a Desire but Lacking in the Willpower dept.

I’ve said before that I have a terrible habit of swearing…enough to put a sailor at a truck stop to shame. What’s worse is being south side Chicago Irish makes me slightly proud of this ability at times.  My past ER was very efficient at helping to curb that habit, but now that i no longer have that accountability, I’ve slipped back into my old ways. This is certainly an item on my “list” of things needing correction

In the past, I've spanked a number of women for the use of "bad" language because it was unladylike.  Yes, unladylike.  There are gender tropes which we rely on, and language is one: We expect women to be more civilized than men in their discourse.  (Not a bad expectation, and not a wrong one.)  The interesting result is that many of these spanked women have reported back to me that they felt more feminine when punished for swearing and then curbing their behavior.  Maybe the gender tropes are right?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
11 hours ago, jennyjen said:

I’ve said before that I have a terrible habit of swearing...My past ER was very efficient at helping to curb that habit, but now that i no longer have that accountability, I’ve slipped back into my old ways. 

Back-sliding is quite natural & quite common when left unsupervised, especially habits which have been developed or sustained over a long term. There are varying degrees to which a habit may actually get resolved. Long term habits take longer to reform b/c long term habits require long term attention. Tho' they can be completely resolved when "tended to" for as long as it takes.. the habit will simply disappear eventually. It comes down to "replace one [bad] habit with a [good or at least neutral] habit. The habit did not develop overnight, so therefore it can not get fixed overnight. The same habit most likely strengthened to an overwhelming dominant control over time. It then becomes an overwhelming "force of habit", a natural form of expression in the case of language usage almost to a frustration level until it has reached an "out of control" stage. The unfortunate element of the language equation is that same habit didn't start out that way. The same habit began as "a choice" Or I usually refer to as ....an "error in judgment" and then culminated from there.    

• Like 1
7 hours ago, MrBottoms said:

Back-sliding is quite natural & quite common when left unsupervised,

Oh truer words have never been spoken. The problem is, when left “unsupervised”, I go well beyond backsliding by swearing. 

is swearing a bad habit? Certainly. Is it one I could curtail on my own? I’m certain it is. However, I’ve come to learn enough about me to know I’m a brat (for lack of a better word) by nature and what I can get away with, I will. I’ve also come to learn enough about myself to know that while I am incredible at supervising/handling others, leaving me unsupervised for too long is never good for me. 

On 11/13/2022 at 10:46 AM, Chastener said:

In the past, I've spanked a number of women for the use of "bad" language because it was unladylike.  Yes, unladylike.  There are gender tropes which we rely on, and language is one: We expect women to be more civilized than men in their discourse.  (Not a bad expectation, and not a wrong one.)  The interesting result is that many of these spanked women have reported back to me that they felt more feminine when punished for swearing and then curbing their behavior.  Maybe the gender tropes are right?

I would love for you to expand on the ideas connecting discipline with femininity. 

23 hours ago, rubyredd said:

I would love for you to expand on the ideas connecting discipline with femininity. 

Start a new subject.  It should be interesting, and I will no doubt be roasted for it.

• Like 1