Spanking Needs Forums

Buying a belt for spanking

Belts come in a variety of widths, lengths, thicknesses, and materials, What do you look for when buying a belt for spanking?

General guidelines and specific recommendations are appreciated.

Tom

• Like 1

This depends on what kind of spanking you want to give (or receive).

I like getting really hard and painful ones, so the belt I bought for my wife to use on me was a thick and somewhat narrow one that was long enough to either fold up or be able to wrap around her hand so she could use it as a strap.

I don't use a belt often, but when in do, it's from his pants. Not a specific one for spanking. It works well enough. 

• Like 3

I snicker 😆whenever I remember a recent belt find / purchase... I went to a local thrift/ re-sale shop. While shopping, I found a wide, leather belt that was EXTREMELY long. The leather was perfectly flexible. I believe it cost $1.

The belt was soooooo long that I cut it (into different lengths) to make it easier to properly use (for different / new purposes 🤔😳😉). Even when “doubled” the belt was too long. 

I wonder what the cashier thought when I purchased a belt that obviously fit someone with an extremely long waist. 😳

Anyway - a thrift shop may be a good source for an inexpensive belt. (Be safe.... wash it well). 

• Like 3

A few years ago, in a store at the mall I saw a nice leather belt about an inch thick, and fairly stiff. I did not need a belt, at least not around my waist. I bought it to try out as a strap. It still serves me well. Because it is stiff it is easier to use for a self-strapping. One caution, the tip tapers to a point so for a long  strapping if you are hitting about the same spot it can break the skin if you are not careful.  I do wear it, can't have my wife wondering why I have a worn belt that I've never worn. Whenever I put it on I smile a bit knowing the real purpose for it. 

On the subject of buying belts, do you ever manage to find one without stitching around the edges?

When I got spanked with a belt, I found the stitching uncomfortable in a bad way. My then-partner suggested one without stitching would be better, but you hardly ever see a belt without it.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Bramblewine said:

On the subject of buying belts, do you ever manage to find one without stitching around the edges?

When I got spanked with a belt, I found the stitching uncomfortable in a bad way. My then-partner suggested one without stitching would be better, but you hardly ever see a belt without it.

Try a cobbler shop.

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Oldbrat said:

Try a cobbler shop.

I'll keep that in mind if/when spanking becomes a reality for me again. Thanks!

I suggest something in the middle range. Not too thick and not too thin. 

I have found a good place to get them is a second hand store. It's easier to find the older smooth ones without all of the fancy stitching. Also, the more they are broke in, the better. A stiff belt isn't the best spanking implement. Belts that have been worn for awhile are more flexible to fold in half or wrap around the hand easier. They also provide a much better stroke than a brand new stiff belt.

• Thanks 1