Spanking Needs Forums

For Tops, Mentors .

What aspects of spanking play is most compelling to you?

Exchange of power , The idea of inflicting pain.  , drama of role play or sexual arousal .

None of the above. This is not play to me. Its something I do because I care. Nothing sexual about it.  No games. I know its different for others and thats good.

• Like 2

I find it emotionally rewarding to interact with those who wish to have a mentor and disciplinarian.  There is no sexual interest at all, there never has been going all the way back to the first spanking I gave in college but at my age I couldn't even if I wanted to. It's strictly about being a safe and trustworthy person to interact with and both people involved feeling good about the things we do. 

It all depends upon the nature of my relationship with the EE. If it is for discipline, there is nothing sexual about it.  It is about helping someone improve, much like a Therapist would to.  If it is foreplay in a committed relationship, of course it is sexual. If it is just for fun, it kind of runs the gamut, depending upon the dynamic.  If I am trying to take someone to subspace, that is a completely different topic and it is more like I am "working" because it requires concentration, skill, and communication to safely take someone on that journey.

• Like 1

For me, it's the nurturing aspect, the loving boundaries, security, and emotional release that a spanking can represent. That's why I consider myself a maternal disciplinarian, rather than a domme. The power exchange and infliction of pain do not bring me joy or satisfaction. To the contrary, brutal sessions make me cringe and are not something I want to inflict on another person. And because I have a quiet but strong personality by nature, there is no noticeable power "exchange" when I'm topping. 

• Like 2

My personal role as a disciplinarian is in the truest sense. It's about helping to overcome the sense of frustration from "lack of willpower or self-control. Or maybe it's an adjustment to a struggle with a personal growth attitude or to resolve a particular undesirable personal or professional habit for lack of self-discipline. "You would like to do better but "what's the point?". Administering corporal discipline is a tool of negative reinforcement to counteract most any issue. It's an unpleasant task which I don't particularly enjoy giving  b/c it is usually necessary balance to correct an issue of concern. Or has become the "final straw" to a "giving up" attitude".  And..............it really is going to  "hurt me a lot more than it's gonna hurt you".....(more often than not).  🤨

On 2/12/2021 at 8:36 AM, Ms.Mary said:

None of the above. This is not play to me. Its something I do because I care. Nothing sexual about it.  No games. I know its different for others and thats good.

Well said.