Spanking Needs Forums

Do you need a reason for spanking ?

Personally, I'd say wanting it is reason enough, and it should always be the core reason. Any other reasons are icing on the cake. Maybe an icing on the cake reason is useful for getting into the right headspace sometimes, but for it to really be a consensual spanking, the spanking itself has to be what both parties want.

I don't need an icing on the cake reason, although I think it could be fun to play with them.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Airman said:

We all enjoy a good spanking but do we actually need  a reason for it?

A reason? Don't be silly, a spanking is a spanking and no reason needed😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Of course not. I suppose if it's disciplinary it might be a good idea to have  a reason. For all others, "just because" works fine in my world.

Even when i have a rare day with no infractions to give specific reasons, i get a maintenance spanking, which might seem like for no reason but the reason is to keep my attitude adjusted.

2 hours ago, Bramblewine said:

Personally, I'd say wanting it is reason enough, and it should always be the core reason. Any other reasons are icing on the cake. Maybe an icing on the cake reason is useful for getting into the right headspace sometimes, but for it to really be a consensual spanking, the spanking itself has to be what both parties want.

I don't need an icing on the cake reason, although I think it could be fun to play with them.

Very true in the sense what both parties want.  Why make excuses . Just bend over and enjoy.. Thank you for your comment .

• Like 1

Weird I comment to this one and it posted on your other thread. 

No reason required. Just Because Spankings are a personal favorite.

• Like 2

As Spanknutt said, only if is is to be for punishment, otherwise "just because" spankings are just fine!!

As a submissive, "just because" happen quite frequently. They keep my head where it needs to be, keep my submission where it needs to be, keeps me calm and more than anything....keeps us both happy!

• Like 2

I am going to say yes in a punishment spanking I get a different feeling I paid for what I did with hard spanking all is good ! I feel closer to my partner after. Any other spanking is fun also. We do both

Nope. "Just because" or "just for the sore butt" spankings were even more frequent than "stress relief" or "punishment" spankings.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Zhal said:

Nope. "Just because" or "just for the sore butt" spankings were even more frequent than "stress relief" or "punishment" spankings.

I heard that!

On 2/10/2021 at 9:47 AM, Airman said:

We all enjoy a good spanking but do we actually need  a reason for it?

Sorry, I disagree with your basic premise.

Traditional correction works for me because I do not enjoy it. It hurts.

But it is somehow 'comfortingly familiar' and it helps me to control some of my worse traits.

There is a sizeable minority on here who are like me: they might need corporal punishment rather than want spanking.

• Like 1

I had not commented before, but now I will. I spank myself for stress relief, and that is true. However if the opportunity, privacy and some time, presents itself I will generally give myself a spanking. I tell myself it is for stress relief, but I think in some part it is also just because I like a spanking. The spanking does help reduce my stress, but let's face it who doesn't  like a good spanking for the sheer pleasure, relaxation, and just plain enjoyment of a spanking.

Vive le spanking.

• Like 1

It can vary with me. At times I will just self-spank for fun or stress relief. Earlier today for example I was dancing round my kitchen to drum&bass whacking my backside with a wooden spoon - ( does that count as spanking or not ? ). Other times it's for want of a better word for punishment or at least focusing. I've also in pre-lockdown/covid times done role-play spanking scenes with others where I'm punished for something from my past or for an imagined transgression. With those sorts of spankings I like them to be realistic without the "script" being too complex. I don't necessarily need a reason but some context can enhance it

Reasons can be useful. I have had spankees who really wished to be disciplined for specific things. Quite paternal in scope and tone. Decide on a rule and get spanked if the rule is broken. Then one is receiving discipline to modify behavior. I had one spankee that basically disappeared because the spankings helped her with her habits that she wished to change. How awesome is that?

But I have also found reasons to be a drag. I sort of suck at being a “checking your homework” type of spanker. Some spankers like that role. Having somebody drop every minutiae of their personal failure at their feet to be weighed and judged in advance of a spanking. I had a spankee once that would “confess” sins, failures, mistakes, defeats— that were seemingly ridiculous in the context of discipline. You lost a sock? You opened a pack of Post-It’s before you finished the one that was already opened? That’s just asking for a spanking. I find it more interesting to just have the spankee ask for it and to explore the why’s and what’s of that...

For me, getting rid of reasons is interesting. Have it be like sex or meal— something enjoyed when it’s wanted. Or put it on the calendar.  

The best reason is no reason?

Or, maybe the best reason is because the Spanker wants to spank or paddle the spankee (i'm a spankeeee!) ... or enjoys or likes it? -- i've always hoped it would be fun for the paddler, although quite stinging and uncomfortable to me. 

i think stress relief is another good "reason," for those on either side of the paddle. i've volunteered to help stressed spankers that way, but it's never come to fruition. And  times of stress seem to be the least logistically favorable to paddling and strapping sessions. Stessed times are when i most need a serious paddling.

Calendared paddlings seem a bit nerve-wracking, but in a good way overall, and the anticipation adds a lot to the session!

Maintenance and power exchange are other intriguing and inviting reasons for paddlings and strappings. Or, maybe the spankings, paddlings, and strappings are part of a good friendship.

A good paddling can help with focus and may motivate improvements. Like massage therapy, though, it needs very regular repetition! -- and a light massage doesn't do much for me.

As for disciplinary? It would seem & feel silly to me if there wasn't a reason. Otherwise, how could it be called disciplinary? As for any other type.......Anything Goes.  😁

Fair question, this is really a matter of "who has that kind of access to get it on demand  whenever they wish." I guess technically speaking as consenting adults, no, no reason is warranted but, if that is the case, then one has to wonder why and whats the point. Regardless of peoples motivations and if they want to admit it or not, I submit that there is always a reason, whether it's for some behavior modiviation or some kink they're exploring or maybe they're just into submission and adrenaline, people always have their reasons. 

Also, I have something a big negative to say about one of the people in MIchigan who offers such services for a fee, but I will save that for a separete thread... I won't go into detail but I'm surprised it is not listed on scamalert.... and I won't say any names unless that person has a fair chance to address my criticims on here but they're not a member ... now i'm off topic. 

Does having a need enough of a reason?  I think for some although they may not like their spanking at the time they understand their need for accountability and as such need a spanking.  Of course there is always the I just want to give you a spanking so no reason needed at times.