Measuring by count or by time?

Are your spankings measured by count (number of strokes) or time (duration of spanking), or neither?

i’m spanked 30 minutes daily, by duration and not number of strokes. i have tried to count strokes by always end up absorbed by the experience and lose count.

• Like 1

Spanked 30 minutes daily? That’s a lot  depending what’s used? Seems a bit extreme? But to answer your ? I am  spanked by colour ! When my bottom is hot and red enough it stops also my reaction to my spanking depending what I am being spanked with!

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, hungsmall said:

i’m spanked 30 minutes daily, by duration and not number of strokes. i have tried to count strokes by always end up absorbed by the experience and lose count.

30 minutes daily?!  For real???  How do you ever heal between sessions?  Never heard of anyone doing 30 minutes daily.  Sounds like a spankee’s fantasy paradise, but not very realistic.

• Like 2

I was so taken back by @hungsmall’s story that I didn’t answer the question.  We don’t do either.  My disciplinarian doesn’t require that I count swats, nor has she ever timed it.  She spanks until her lesson has gotten through, and that can vary in length of time and the number of swats given.  Each session is around the same length anyway, more or less.  I’m interested in what she’d say to this question, so I’ll maybe call her today, ask her about it, and ask her if she’ll log on.  Sometimes when I’m desperate for the spanking to end and think I can’t handle another swat, she’ll tell me something like, “You’ve got 20 to go”.

• Like 2

I go with a set number of strokes, usually I decide before hand how many with each implement I decide to use. Sometimes I'll go for more. Every once in awhile I'll set a timer and go until the timer expires, but I still count as I want to know how many strokes it was in that time period. 

Counting is so ingrained in me at this point, that I think a spanking where I didn't know the number of strokes at the end would drive me crazy. I wonder if there is an app that would detect the sound of a swat and count for you. That would be the best of both worlds.

• Like 1
On 2/7/2021 at 10:41 AM, SpudStateSpanky said:

...when I’m desperate for the spanking to end and think I can’t handle another swat, she’ll tell me something like, “You’ve got 20 to go”.

When desperate for the paddling to end, the announcement, "Okay, 25 more" is kind of a relief, and i know when it might end (and i'm thinking, i can survive these last 25...). In other cases, it might just mean 25 more swats with that instrument in that round...to be followed almost immediately with 25 more swats from several other implements...

...oh well!

Otherwise, paddling sessions go as long as the paddler wishes to continue...

• Like 2

@SpudStateSpanky is correct. I do not require my spankees to count, and there are two reasons for this. Counting is a distraction from their headspace and from being able to fully focus on the emotions and sensations they're feeling. I decide when the spanking ends, and this decision culminates from the spankee's reactions. His body language and mindset (not a set number of swats, or watching a clock) determine when we've reached the desired stage. I realize it's different for cane aficionados, as caning sessions are traditionally assigned a set number of swats. But since I'm adverse to the cane (forgive me, my British friends!), I get to skip that rule. :D

• Like 5

I was in a long term spanking relationship where my spanker and I enjoyed mutual pleasure form the experience.  My spanker responded to my need in terms of both intensity and duration.  Sometimes we would include counting usually for the more intense smacks.

5 hours ago, Chawsee said:

@SpudStateSpanky is correct. I do not require my spankees to count, and there are two reasons for this. Counting is a distraction from their headspace and from being able to fully focus on the emotions and sensations they're feeling. I decide when the spanking ends, and this decision culminates from the spankee's reactions. His body language and mindset (not a set number of swats, or watching a clock) determine when we've reached the desired stage. I realize it's different for cane aficionados, as caning sessions are traditionally assigned a set number of swats. But since I'm adverse to the cane (forgive me, my British friends!), I get to skip that rule. :D

The cane is my favorite. Outside of initial experiences with it in my 20s - my partner never counts cane strokes. We don't use it for discipline, though - but we tend to play quite hard with it. "Six of the best" now refers to the last six... not the only six. Six strokes isn't worth taking my clothes off for! ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

...if i'm able to count the swats, the paddling lacks intensity! When the paddling is serious, i just can't think of anything else, and certainly not count. i've wondered, does this make the paddling a "mindfulness" experience?? -- i think so...

The paddler may be able to count, though....

• Like 3
  • 7 months later...
On 2/9/2021 at 11:53 AM, rubyredd said:

The cane is my favorite. Outside of initial experiences with it in my 20s - my partner never counts cane strokes. We don't use it for discipline, though - but we tend to play quite hard with it. "Six of the best" now refers to the last six... not the only six. Six strokes isn't worth taking my clothes off for! ?

I sometimes get six before leaving the house in the morning.  On those occasions six is OK.  Otherwise fully agree; six of the best for a finale is fine, but they will not  be the only six. 

• Like 1

I should say, however, the wood paddle...yes, almost always by count on that. Usually they are more of a "bend over, you are getting 5 wacks" type of thing....quickly administered over clothing usually, but not always, and then be on your way type of thing.  And, none of my spankings have ever been measured by time.

• Like 1

I should say, however, the wood paddle...yes, almost always by count on that. Usually they are more of a "bend over, you are getting 5 wacks" type of thing....quickly administered over clothing usually, but not always, and then be on your way type of thing.  And, none of my spankings have ever been measured by time.