Spanking Needs Forums

Words for Bottom

In another thread, @F/m_Spanking_onlymentioned that his partner uses the word fanny. I have never had a partner use that term. 

Do you have a preference / favorite? A term that you hate or that is a turn-off?

I like ass / backside / bottom. Tushy is a complete turn-off for me.

(I know this has probably been discussed several times in the past, but I like a fresh thread.)

Fanny has a different meaning in the UK shall we say...

Personally for spanking purposes I like "Bottom" as it's so direct and if I have to say it as in "Please spank my bottom ma'am" it's deeply embarrasing. I also like backside and sit-upon.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, ukspanko said:

Fanny has a different meaning in the UK shall we say...

Personally for spanking purposes I like "Bottom" as it's so direct and if I have to say it as in "Please spank my bottom ma'am" it's deeply embarrasing. I also like backside and sit-upon.

Sit-upon is adorable. 

My husband is from the UK... so, yes, totally get your meaning there. 😆

Bottom does seem more embarassing somehow.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, F/m_Spanking_only said:

Booty, tushy, and heinie are three that are a turnoff for me. I like all the other words for bottom 

I use booty - but in general, not in spanking context. I agree that all three are a turn-off for me, too.

• Like 1

Behind, arse (I prefer it to the American version and also bum rather than butt), buttocks, rear, derrierre, posterior and rump have not yet been mentioned.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Hotspur said:

Behind, arse (I prefer it to the American version and also bum rather than butt), buttocks, rear, derrierre, posterior and rump have not yet been mentioned.

I don't think I have ever heard a Top say buttocks either. Or rump. Behind is nice, though.

I do say "bottom" a good bit though it is not actually my favorite. My favorite is probably "backside," I need to bust it out more often.  "Behind" is good too.  I have no problem with "ass" or "butt." 

For some reason, though "tushy" irritates me.  "Tush" just makes me start singing the ZZ Top song.

• Like 1

ass, arse, butt, bum, bottom, backside, behind, fanny. Tushy can work, but it's not my favorite.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Chastener said:

Has anyone mentioned "behind"?

Looks like behind  has received a couple of votes.

@MrRitter - I love to hear "tan your backside" or "blister your..."

@Zhal Just curious... are you a Top, bottom, or switch? Are you okay with saying tushy, hearing it, or both?

• Like 1

@rubyredd Switch, though I'm only just starting on the ER side. "Tushy" is just one of those ones that's there, it's not good or bad it just "is".

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, rubyredd said:

Looks like behind  has received a couple of votes.

@MrRitter - I love to hear "tan your backside" or "blister your..."

@Zhal Just curious... are you a Top, bottom, or switch? Are you okay with saying tushy, hearing it, or both?

As "behind" should!  Is there really any substitute for "Get your behind out here," or "You'll learn your lesson on your bare behind"?  

• Like 1

As a Scot, I suppose I really should use "Hintend," (thanks, spellcheck), but "Bottom," is, I believe, the only word I have used in a spanking context.

• Like 1

I really don’t care for behind, and bottom is even worse!!  Can’t stand that word, even though it’s used more in spanking communities than any other.  I’ve always preferred just butt.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, SpudStateSpanky said:

I really don’t care for behind, and bottom is even worse!!  Can’t stand that word, even though it’s used more in spanking communities than any other.  I’ve always preferred just butt.

Of the common terms, bottom is my least favorite term, but I don't find it to be a turn-off like other words. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, SkipNC said:

As a Scot, I suppose I really should use "Hintend," (thanks, spellcheck), but "Bottom," is, I believe, the only word I have used in a spanking context.

Very much like the German, Hintern. 

• Like 1

When I am teasingly threatening someone I am somewhat close to but who may or may not be a spankee, I use "derriere," which somehow seems less offensive. As in, "My goodness, talk like that  may get your derriere some attention."  Then I watch and listen closely for the reaction.

When a spanking is imminent, I usually say, "Get over here and bend over my knee," without mentioning the bottom. But when I do mention it I usually use "behind," as in "Time to bare that behind" or "Your behind needs to pay for your behavior." I sometimes say "rear" or "bottom" or even "ass," as in "Time for your ass-whuppin'." I don't use the words that seem somewhat comical, like "fanny," "hiney" and "tushy."

tony

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Spankmered57 said:

I like ass naked bottom naked butt or naked ass.  This is what my parents used. I also like the word tan your hide it blister your ass!!

"Tan your hide" is so 🔥. But not something I have actually heard very often.

• Like 1
On 1/13/2021 at 7:32 PM, SpudStateSpanky said:

Me too! You and I have talked about this and come to the same agreement. When conversing with other spankees, though, I use "bottom" quite a bit, and "behind" to a lesser extent, because I feel like it's expected of me-- it's what spankos say. But I don't care for either word. "Butt," the simple abbreviation for buttocks, has always been my preference. I also like my ex-husband's favorite: "tuchus" (pronounced "tuckus"). Always thought that was cute. I noticed some folks above dislike or are ambivalent about "tushy." I actually think it's sweet and affectionate, but I use it only on occasion. And granted, tuchus and tushy are more appropriate for erotic spanking than as punishment terminology.

• Like 2