Spanking Needs Forums

Kicked ass in Georgia. Now need to spank some in DC.

14 hours ago, Bramblewine said:

I'd say there's a lot of racism involved in that. But calling everyone who votes Republican racist, which you implied, isn't fair. Some vote Republican for very reasonable reasons, without being any more racist than those on the Democrat/lean Democrat side. 

There is, unfortunately, plenty of racism on the left as well, but it's usually better disguised. "I'm not racist, I think Stacy Abrams is wonderful!" "I'm not racist, some of my best friends are (Black, Latinx, etc.)."

Now, anyone who would wear a Nazi t-shirt in public is a whole other story. That's extreme racism. The Trump faction has brought out, not just racism, but the most extreme kinds. And the violence that comes with it.

Since the Republican Senate candidates in Georgia both tied themselves to the Trump faction, I agree that if you were campaigning for the Democrats, you were fighting that faction, and its racism. That one of the newly elected senators is Black and the other is Jewish is a strike against racism in itself. But that's not the same thing as fighting people who happen to vote Republican. Fighting what they represent to you, perhaps, but not the people themselves, as people.

I specifically did not mention party. I said that I kicked their racist asses because I'm black, from Georgia, and do anti-voter suppression work year round so I know exactly who I'm fighting and who they are targeting. Voter suppression is aimed at a specific group, usually, and regardless of your party if you try to keep people of color from voting you're a racist ass. I know what liberal racism looks like and don't spare them any quarter on racist assery. But I was specifically fighting racist asses in Georgia. My home. As a black man. 

The race was won by a specific party, sure. But the insane voter turnout that I helped produce in a runoff year has nothing to with that. I didn't tell folks who to vote for bc that wasn't my job. I just got folks to vote. But the whole reason that was necessary? Was and is racism.

I didn't try to "educate" anyone, nor did I sling any party mud, but I don't think my post should have been edited because it hurt some peoples feelings that it didn't mention. 

I'd also like to point out that it was a call for spankees and the whole thing was a tag line to identify my values, rant,  and locate like minded spankees who were similarly exasperated by the runoff and recent events.

However, if you can find a specific instance where I did so. Then I'll drop it because thats a violation of the rules. But I'm fairly sure I didn't.

And I'm a little salty that the reality of my experience is overpowered by the feelings of people who honestly could have ignored the post if they didn't want a spanking from me. 

@DCDisciplinarian Your words "kick the other sides ass." You didn't have to mention a particular party and unless you thought people were stupid, it was very apparent who you were referring to. You also made a comment which clearly showed you knew it was going to antagonise people. You did it deliberately to antagonise and spread hatred to others. 

Yeah, the ones who caused violence and broke the laws in DC were out of order. Did you think the BLM protests where people were looting, violent and burning places were right? No,  the people who were involved and doing that were just as much thugs as the Republicans the other day. Peaceful protest is fine but when people start to get involved in criminal acts, to get their points across, then they lose the argument. There were ones out of both of those groups who did peacefully protest so unlike you I don't lump an entire group of people into one category.

There are racists in all parties. I am Jewish so I do not support racists or Nazis. We shouldn't be spreading hatred.

FYI I didn't even know what Parler was and had to ask some-one. 

The only reason I pointed out this thread was because admin mentioned a thread where a Republican got called out for doing the same as you- I was pointing out the hypocrisy.

You claim you are a Disciplinarian so maybe you would like to set a better example and stop deliberately going out of your way to antagonise others. Just my honest opinion on the matter...

• Thanks 1

You know, I will concede that I did indeed make the OP more antagonistic than absolutely necessary. For that I will apologize. Articulating in the original post that I am a nonpartisan operative would have saved some of this.

However, I do not believe that I further perpetuated any hate. Racists should be shamed. Especially when they kill people down the street from me.

If I wanted to drag the entirety of the GOP, I would have. But I didn't.

What someone says and what you feel like someone says are very different, and should be treated as such.. Much of the chagrin that this post is receiving is the result, in large part, of bad faith but that's ok.

I will again apologize for not specifically touting the fact that I was a nonpartisan, voting rights operative. But I will not apologize for kicking voter suppression's ass or calling it or the people who perpetuate it, (ie the other side) racist.

In the instance of BLM, I would argue that people rioting because of unpunsihsed murders by government officials, wo are protected by qualified immunity, which is a result of judicial activism and people attacking a nation's capitol during the certification of a legitimate election because they dont like the new guy are nowhere near the same. I think this argument is also a pretty illustrative example of the bad faith that I mentioned earlier. 

I think the gist of it is to use words with care and not to tar an entire group with the same brush.  And try to stay away from double standards.  

Thus I would argue that rioting is wrong, no matters who's doing it or why.  

• Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, DCDisciplinarian said:

Racists should be shamed. Especially when they kill people down the street from me.

100 % this ⬆️

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Drooaygah said:

I think the gist of it is to use words with care and not to tar an entire group with the same brush.  And try to stay away from double standards.  

Thus I would argue that rioting is wrong, no matters who's doing it

I think nuance or context and double standards are very different, but acknowledge much of your point. While a riot is a riot, I do not quite think all riots are created equal.

I do think anyone who attempts voter suppression is a racist. I do not think every member of the Republican party is a racist.

I do however realize that unless you intimately know Georgia's political history and its long standing tradition voter suppression based on race and class the statement could easily be seen as party-based.

I also would not call an attempted insurrection as a result of a legitimate election a riot,  but thats a whole different thing.

But in sum, I was talking spicy, and though correct, I can acknowledge I was being a dick about it. Which is not cool.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, DCDisciplinarian said:

I think nuance or context and double standards are very different, but acknowledge much of your point. While a riot is a riot, I do not quite think all riots are created equal.

I do think anyone who attempts voter suppression is a racist. I do not think every member of the Republican party is a racist.

I do however realize that unless you intimately know Georgia's political history and its long standing tradition voter suppression based on race and class the statement could easily be seen as party-based.

I also would not call an attempted insurrection as a result of a legitimate election a riot,  but thats a whole different thing.

But in sum, I was talking spicy, and though correct, I can acknowledge I was being a dick about it. Which is not cool.

Whether you agree with it or not all riots are created equally. Any riot involves a group of people, who are passionate about their cause, and going about it the wrong way. It' s double standards/ hypocrisy to say one riot is wrong because you don't believe in their cause and another riot is fine because you do. I don't support any riot no matter the cause. I am passionate about some causes and not others but still think their is a right/ wrong way to get your voice heard. It's nice that you are passionate about the things that matter, to you, and thanks for acknowledging that you were being a dick about it😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, sassylittle said:

Whether you agree with it or not all riots are created equally.😀

Was Kristallnacht equal to the Rodney King riots?

I don't think so, although both meet your definition of riot. 

There's a difference between rioting in reaction to genuine injustice and rioting to perpetuate a dangerous and unjust situation. Maybe the immediate results are the same--property damage and possible injuries--but there are different motives involved and different endpoints. 

And we could argue about right or wrong, but given the right social pressures, rioting may be inevitable. Something like a Rodney King situation brings that on. On the other hand, rioting in response to a would-be dictator whipping up a crowd would not be inevitable without the actions of the would-be dictator.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Bramblewine said:

And we could argue about right or wrong, but given the right social pressures, rioting may be inevitable. Something like a Rodney King situation brings that on. On the other hand, rioting in response to a would-be dictator whipping up a crowd would not be inevitable without the actions of the would-be dictator.

What you are failing to see is that those who descended on the capitol genuinely believed there was voter fraud and were standing up for what they believed in. I don't know whether there was any voter fraud or not and I don't think anyone of us can say, with 100% authority, if there was. If there had have been voter fraud that would have been just as unjust as Rodney King being killed. And don't take this as me actually believing in their cause. Just because some people didn't believe in their cause doesn't mean that they couldn't- their actions in D.C were out of order.

In any riot, innocent people get hurt- through their properties being destroyed or them getting injured/ killed. Did they deserve it? No. How is that helping their cause? It's not because they then alienate others who might have actually had sympathy for their cause before they started to riot. Rioting is wrong no matter the cause and they are all equal because every person who rioted was standing up for whatever they believed in, whether we believe in their cause or not.

• Thanks 1

Just as a comparison this is a short video about the UK Poll Tax Riots in the 90s. I was very young at that age ( 15 ) but was against the poll tax. However I didn't approve of the violence itself from either side. Some elements of the UK police back then were out and out fascist. In general I think riots/civil unrest etc tend to happen when people collectively lose trust in the political process. It's vital in my opinion here and in the States we begin to rebuild our political systems. Over here whilst it's not something I voted for I'm hoping Brexit gives us a chance to do that. To rethink and reset where we are in the world. I'm just against extremists of any shape or size.

21 hours ago, sassylittle said:

What you are failing to see is that those who descended on the capitol genuinely believed there was voter fraud and were standing up for what they believed in. I don't know whether there was any voter fraud or not and I don't think anyone of us can say, with 100% authority, if there was. If there had have been voter fraud that would have been just as unjust as Rodney King being killed. And don't take this as me actually believing in their cause. Just because some people didn't believe in their cause doesn't mean that they couldn't- their actions in D.C were out of order.

In any riot, innocent people get hurt- through their properties being destroyed or them getting injured/ killed. Did they deserve it? No. How is that helping their cause? It's not because they then alienate others who might have actually had sympathy for their cause before they started to riot. Rioting is wrong no matter the cause and they are all equal because every person who rioted was standing up for whatever they believed in, whether we believe in their cause or not.

We don't fail to see that. Their feelings/beliefs don't play into it. You have the right not to be shot in the street, thats due process. You don't have a right to overturn an election that has been investigated 

When you are denied a proper legal remedy that protects an actual right, when there is an infringement on that right, a riot is MORE appropriate. Especially when you are denied that legal remedy after the violation is on camera.

When you are flaccidly attempting to revolt at the orders of an outgoing government ment official to usurp the peaceful transfer of lawful presidential authority un the Constitution after the head of cybersecurity head of DHS, the DOJ, every Secretary of State, and the intelligence community has told you that they investigated and authoritatively CAN tell that none of them found evidence of any significant voter fraud, anywhere, and the only election integrity issues came from that official and some of his friends asking the deciding Secretary of State to COMMIT voter fraud, on tape, multiple times, you're genuine belief is terribly insufficient.

Also, I love your use of dog whistles, they def don't make my statements and analysis seem even more legitimate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@DCDisciplinarianHow am I using dog whistles? You are making assumptions. FYI I didn't even vote. I'm just mature enough to know that everyone, on this planet, are entitled to believe in anything they want, as long as others don't get hurt in the process- during riots criminal acts occur. The laws aren't there for one person and don't apply to others. If you commit criminal acts during any riot, you should pay the price and I don't care what cause or beliefs you have. I have causes that I believe in very strongly ( this election not being one of them) but I won't riot to get my point across. My beliefs aren't any less than yours. I also didn't say that I believed there was any voter fraud but if people believed there was that's their right.

I'm sure you wouldn't like it if some-one denied you your beliefs so you don't have the right to do that to others.

There are many political sites out there ( I'm not a member of any in case you want to assume I am) and if you want to spread hatred and deliberately antagonise people, I'm sure that you can find a better place to do it... just a suggestion.

• Thanks 1

@ukspankothe Poll Tax riots are an interesting historical discussion.  I remember them well.  In fact, I refused to pay the Poll Tax in five different council areas.  It was introduced the year before in Scotland and political pressure did not work.  The "Can't Pay; Won't Pay" movement had yet to work its way through the legal process and the rest of the country did not care.  I know because I had moved to England by then and the attitude was one of "Whinging Scots."  Then the leafy suburbs in south-east England started getting their first bills.  The shouty but physically non-violent protests in places like Windsor gave birth to the Trafalgar Square riot in the video, which led, a few months later to the formal abolition of the tax.

So the riot seems to have worked.  However, if more people had paid attention and taken part in the political process much earlier, more peaceful change could have been forced upon a government that badly needed a change at the top.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

We all need to work on getting along.  Whatever our differing politics, we all have a special common bond on this site.  Don't pollute it with the crazy partisan politics going on elsewhere.  I understand.  We all have our own private lives, pursuits, politics. and passions.  But please, remember, we have a community here.  This site, this place, is special.

• Thanks 2