Spanking Needs Forums

more or less

I prefer more swats.  For actual punishment I prefer more swats, ending with a more severe impliments that I would only be able to withstand a few from.  

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Megthe said:

I prefer more swats.  For actual punishment I prefer more swats, ending with a more severe impliments that I would only be able to withstand a few from.  

I agree, for me I like to build up to the severe implement last to really drive home the lesson.

• Like 1

It just depends on the situation, but I would typically prefer more swats or cane strokes. With something like a large school paddle, fewer swats / set number. Any other implement... more swats.

• Like 1

Not that I get either these days but for me that would depend on the circumstances.   If it's for discipline then hard and fast is needed.  For stress relief or just because longer and less intense is better.

• Like 1

I like "lighter & longer." A spanking like this naturally increases in intensity as the accumulation of pain builds. There are spankees who have so much nerve damage from brutal sessions that they now require ridiculously hard beatings to reach the same place they were once able to reach with a sensible spanking. I'm not a fan of this. So to prevent this nerve damage, I opt for lighter sessions that steadily grow more and more uncomfortable. Eventually the spankee becomes desperate for it to end, so it's completely effective, but without the brutality. Plus, many spankees crave that "lap" time and don't want it to end too soon. ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Chawsee said:

So to prevent this nerve damage, I opt for lighter sessions that steadily grow more and more uncomfortable. Eventually the spankee becomes desperate for it to end, so it's completely effective, but without the brutality.

My  first adult spanker/mentor in my late twenties/early thirties used to spank that way. She was a fairly small but athletic lady with small hands and even with those she could give long spankings that gradually built in intensity. Some sessions were just for fun but others were for discipline purposes and at the end ( in both senses  - #spankopunalert ) I genuinely felt chastised and cared for at the same time. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Chawsee said:

I like "lighter & longer." A spanking like this naturally increases in intensity as the accumulation of pain builds. There are spankees who have so much nerve damage from brutal sessions that they now require ridiculously hard beatings to reach the same place they were once able to reach with a sensible spanking. I'm not a fan of this. So to prevent this nerve damage, I opt for lighter sessions that steadily grow more and more uncomfortable. Eventually the spankee becomes desperate for it to end, so it's completely effective, but without the brutality. Plus, many spankees crave that "lap" time and don't want it to end too soon. ;) 

When I wrote this earlier, I didn't describe "lighter" as well as I should have. I'm not referring to those feeble, wimpy swats we've all seen in spanking videos (which always prompt me to skip to another video). I'm talking about good, firm swats-- just not assailing someone with aggressive blows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Chawsee said:

When I wrote this earlier, I didn't describe "lighter" as well as I should have. I'm not referring to those feeble, wimpy swats we've all seen in spanking videos (which always prompt me to skip to another video). I'm talking about good, firm swats-- just not assailing someone with aggressive blows.

Do you think the increasing tolerance for pain that comes with doing this a long time is due to nerve damage? Or is it largely psychological?  Or perhaps some sort of toughening of the epidermis.  And even if that is true, is it necessarily the case that a smaller number of hard blows cause more long-term damage than a larger number of less-severe blows?  Sometimes, long-term trauma can occur over the long-haul from repetition more than intensity.  Think, carpal-tunnel syndrome, for instance.  You got me wondering.  Is there any authoritative literature on this subject that you know of?

One quick observation on that topic is that back when we first started, my wife's butt would get so red from a spanking.  I remember how the implement would leave a nice sweet and clearly discernible red pattern, a red palm-print, a belt lick leaving a nice well delineated red stripe, or a slapper leaving an almost exact red imprint.  Not so much anymore.  For both of us, the results are kind of splotchy and uneven, and not nearly as satisfyingly colorful.  There is definitely some physical change taking place, but it seems to be more like some sort of toughening rather than nerve damage.  I hate to think we could develop gross calloused butts from too much of this.  Even a numb butt would be better than that.

Anyways, in answer to the question, when it's being done for discipline, I like to get it over with fast, no futzing around with warm-ups, super-hard from start to finish, and no matter how short the session, it always feels too long.  For recreational spanking, definitely the other way round.  I like to try to make the session last, and it never seems to last long enough.      

On 1/6/2021 at 6:17 PM, Rand E said:

Do you think the increasing tolerance for pain that comes with doing this a long time is due to nerve damage? Or is it largely psychological?  Or perhaps some sort of toughening of the epidermis.  And even if that is true, is it necessarily the case that a smaller number of hard blows cause more long-term damage than a larger number of less-severe blows?  Sometimes, long-term trauma can occur over the long-haul from repetition more than intensity.  Think, carpal-tunnel syndrome, for instance.  You got me wondering.  Is there any authoritative literature on this subject that you know of?

One quick observation on that topic is that back when we first started, my wife's butt would get so red from a spanking.  I remember how the implement would leave a nice sweet and clearly discernible red pattern, a red palm-print, a belt lick leaving a nice well delineated red stripe, or a slapper leaving an almost exact red imprint.  Not so much anymore.  For both of us, the results are kind of splotchy and uneven, and not nearly as satisfyingly colorful.  There is definitely some physical change taking place, but it seems to be more like some sort of toughening rather than nerve damage.  I hate to think we could develop gross calloused butts from too much of this.  Even a numb butt would be better than that.

Anyways, in answer to the question, when it's being done for discipline, I like to get it over with fast, no futzing around with warm-ups, super-hard from start to finish, and no matter how short the session, it always feels too long.  For recreational spanking, definitely the other way round.  I like to try to make the session last, and it never seems to last long enough.      

You're right, Rand E. As you pointed out, we toughen up with repeated spankings. And I'm sure you're right that some of our growing tolerance is psychological, as well.

Leather-butt, when the skin thickens, can be lessened with regular moisturizing while still damp from a shower or bath. If callouses are present, exfoliating helps, but exfoliation should never be done after a session. A spankee can lose slices of skin this way, significantly lengthening healing time. But leather-butt in itself is not so serious. Nerve damage, however, can be very serious. This is a risk when there has been severe trauma to the tissue, especially if the healing time is inadequate before the next beating. I can't confirm what statistics would show, but I don't imagine nerve damage being common. That said, if the damage is severe enough, it can be permanent. 

Carpal tunnel is compression of the Median nerve, which is a whole different kind of repetitive damage than what we're doing when we deliver swats to the gluteal muscles. But I get what you mean. My preference for "longer and lighter" over "shorter and harder" is that brutal swats damage the tissue down deeper, whereas lighter swats keep it surface-level. 

It's certainly understandable that you'd want to get punishments done and over with quickly, and I know you're in good company on that one. The occasional disciplinary paddlings that you and your wife administer to each other are unlikely to cause nerve damage, so I wouldn't worry. But people who are into severe impact play are wise to limit the frequency of particularly brutal sessions. 

Wish I still had all this information bookmarked, so I could link it here. It came from some good BDSM sites. I have SO much information like this stored in my computer that once I've got a concept memorized, I delete it to clear out space. I am very discerning about the information I research, however, and I give you my word that it came from professional, respected sources. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 1/6/2021 at 5:17 PM, Rand E said:

Do you still feel the same amount of pain/sensation from the same level of spanking as before? Or has that changed too?

I've read blog posts by long term spankees that say they no longer mark much, but they still feel as much.

The other day, I found a video that goes into detail on that:

• Like 1

And for my answer to the question, I prefer, and think I'll always prefer, longer and lighter. Chawsee gave an excellent definition of that, and I'm using the same definition of "lighter."

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Bramblewine said:

And for my answer to the question, I prefer, and think I'll always prefer, longer and lighter. Chawsee gave an excellent definition of that, and I'm using the same definition of "lighter."

As Chawsee noted, although they are really intense, my wife and I have disciplinary incidents infrequently, so maybe that's not a big area of concern.  I think the larger effect is from our usual spanking activities which are still quite intense, but way more frequent.  I mentioned that we neither of us mark up, bruise, or redden as easily as we used to, but we also definitely don't feel the effects as much either.  I find it rather surprising that a seasoned spanko would feel that spankings are just as severe as they used to be.  For both my wife and me, our pain tolerance is way higher than it was.  We both can take a stoic beating now that would have made our heads explode back when we started.  That's what got me to wondering whether this is due primarily to psychological or physical toughening.  I hate to say, and I know it's silly, but I'm kind of proud of our pain tolerance.  But long-term damage is a concern.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

As a frequent self spanker I can attest to mush of what Rand E says. I think I have a higher pain tolerance in general to a spanking. If I go for a couple weeks without the first spanking after does tend to hurt a bit more. The skins has definitely toughed, I do moisturize and that helps a bit. I moisturize before each spanking to keep the skin more supple and from cracking. I have noticed I tend to feel a general mild soreness a fair bit of the time, depending on what I am sitting on, even if I have not been spanked in a couple of days. The soreness right after a spanking does not generally last as long and fades within a couple of hours versus several.  

I alternate to some extent between mild and hard spankings, depends how I feel at a given time. I don't think there is nerve damage, I think the skin toughening makes a swat easier to take, but still hurts.

I'd prefer the skin to be softer, but as long as the spanking hurts I'm satisfied.

More swats. For just a few swats, no matter if it's with a harder implement, it doesn't feel like I've been properly punished. More time over the knee, bare bottomed, constantly getting swatted, Yea, that is a memory making Spanking. 

3 hours ago, StevenSampson said:

A prolonged spanking is harder to take and leads to a greater chance of tears.

Agreed, more swats with a lighter implement. my Husband uses a wooden spoon and makes up in repetitions for its relatively light heft.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, hungsmall said:

Agreed, more swats with a lighter implement. my Husband uses a wooden spoon and makes up in repetitions for its relatively light heft.

My wife begins my spankings with a wooden spoon... though it almost always is a warmup before the much more painful hairbrush and strap... and more recently now cane and paddle and probably  soon to be loopy-Johnny come out. They aren’t all used though in one session though