Spanking Needs Forums

Suddenly my SN screen is reversed -- white type on a black background

SN to me has always appeared as a normal page -- black type on a white background. Today it is suddenly reversed -- white type on a black background. I find that  very jarring on the eyes and hard to read. How do I switch it back? Thanks ... P.S. No other pages on my computer have this issue ...

It's a bit dark in here,what😁

I'm sure it will be fixed so if you're like me and not great with white on black for readability it's best not to get in funk over it.

I mean that's a great way to end up over a chair...

Don't like the black background at all, but the 2-tone brown theme you guys had a couple days ago was beautiful. One new aspect that is off-putting is that if you cut & paste anything into your post, the entire post shows up the opposite color of everyone else's. In my post about inner thigh swats a couple days ago, I cut & pasted ONE medical term from the internet, to be certain that I had it spelled correctly. The ENTIRE post showed up as a cut & paste-- which it was NOT-- and the one term I had cut & pasted showed up in black and was completely invisible. I think you'll want to do away with this change, as it's not a good one. Otherwise, many of the new features are great. 

So... As someone who has done computers for a long time...

Dark Theme is good. I enjoy being able to read it easier instead of White background and light colors, I'm much more able to read and operate on a dark theme.

I would suggest keeping the dark theme when the others are repaired, because this is a good feature for those who have trouble with bright, light colors.

23 hours ago, Spankalogical said:

I would suggest keeping the dark theme when the others are repaired, because this is a good feature for those who have trouble with bright, light colors.

But some of us have trouble with dark colors. I'm one of them. I really can't use this forum with the dark background. I'm only checking back to see if a neutral colored theme is restored, because that's all I can use. Very bright AND very dark colored themes both hurt my eyes and make the text extremely difficult for me to read.

See for me its the exact opposite. The bright lights and lighter tones actually make it difficult for me to read. I have an easier time working with inverted colors and dark theme.

It may be a benefit to have one of each, now that the themes seem to be being looked at.

Just now, Tate999 said:

You can change it at the bottom of the screen go to theme and it will change for you 

No we can't. There's only one option now, and it's the default theme.

1 minute ago, Tate999 said:

I have the option of Blue on mine 

I couldn't see that option at all on the dark background. But I fumbled blindly, and there it was. Much better!

2 minutes ago, Bramblewine said:

I couldn't see that option at all on the dark background. But I fumbled blindly, and there it was. Much better!

Yes it isn't easy to see. I prefer the black and white but understand a colour change makes a big difference I used to struggle with the old default setting 

On 11/3/2020 at 10:00 PM, JoKitten said:

It's a bit dark in here,what😁

I mean that's a great way to end up over a chair...

You betcha'..........and quite deservedly so.  😉

• Thanks 1

On this background, I can't see the print at the top. I know where my profile is because my avatar is there, but I can't read my username next to it. The trouble is the type doesn't contrast with the background. More color variance is needed there.

1 minute ago, Bramblewine said:

On this background, I can't see the print at the top. I know where my profile is because my avatar is there, but I can't read my username next to it. The trouble is the type doesn't contrast with the background. More color variance is needed there.

Yes I see what you mean I think by the sound of it, it's a work in progress 

13 minutes ago, Tate999 said:

Yes it isn't easy to see. I prefer the black and white but understand a colour change makes a big difference I used to struggle with the old default setting 

Really, what would be easiest on my eyes is a neutral colored (not pure white, more like light gray or beige or neutral shades of green or blue) or muted pastel theme. The current Blue theme is okay, but the white background for the forum is a little bright for me. The white on black is even worse, to the point of driving me away from the forum. If I were a lurker trying to make up my mind whether to join, I would decide not to, even if I otherwise wanted to, if all I could see were the black theme. The Blue theme wouldn't drive me away if it were the default, but I would prefer something more neutral or muted.

Hi all, I've been sick the past week, and so this is just a temp fix. I myself, with visual impairments (due to chronic migraines); know how badly screen changes can be, and the need for neutral coloring. I want SN to be able to be accessed by all. And so know we are working hard on fixing the themes (we will keep the dark theme as an option) but a more neutral coloring as the main front. @Bramblewine is the blue theme doable for you to see or is that too bright in the writing spaces?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Child of Light said:

@Bramblewine is the blue theme doable for you to see or is that too bright in the writing spaces?

The blue theme is fine.

I would be even better off with a writing space that's off white instead of bright white. Similar to what Facebook has right now: if you use it, you'll see that the posting space is kind of off white. But it's okay as it is. I'd say the blue theme is 88% right for me, whereas a neutral shaded or muted pastel theme, WITH contrasting colors for the type that make it all visible on the background, would be 100% right.

First off you getting better is MY priority C.O.L.

I did try the Blue theme but I had a number of problems with it.

The first was the expanse of brilliant white drove my eyes crazy to the point I could not focus on it. It's not uncommon with those of us like me with severe dyslexia, it's usually better filled with light to mid tone such as light brown or my favourite vanilla as that stops the dazzling effects.

The second is the contrast of the black text on that theme is too low for me  to read clearly - I can't seem to lock on to the text - which preversly is easier on the white on black theme.

On 11/7/2020 at 1:59 PM, Bramblewine said:

The blue theme is fine.

I would be even better off with a writing space that's off white instead of bright white. Similar to what Facebook has right now: if you use it, you'll see that the posting space is kind of off white. But it's okay as it is. I'd say the blue theme is 88% right for me, whereas a neutral shaded or muted pastel theme, WITH contrasting colors for the type that make it all visible on the background, would be 100% right.

I was able to change the blue theme to have a off-white color for the white parts, how does it look now? 

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, JoKitten said:

Speaking personally, for me that is better so I can see and read replies although the quotes remain full white background, thank you.

Which browser are you using? This is how quotes show up on my end: 

Image 11-9-20 at 12.36 PM.jpeg