Spanking Needs Forums

I’ve done plenty of corner time after a spanking, but never an enforced bedtime, CoL. 

I do remember reading a story, perhaps on Aunt Kay’s old website, about a wife who spanks her misbehaving hubby and then orders him to bed while she goes out for cocktails with a girlfriend. 

Funny what sticks in your mind, right? Anyway, I like the idea, especially if the -ee is having trouble waking up early, or constantly complaining about tiredness during the day...

I do not but I do remember a few posts about others who have it.  I am a night owl and my ER is not.  He is a morning person.  When the sun goes down and he eats dinner he begins to power down.  That is when i get my second wave lol.   Now I could and wouldn't mind terribly having a bed time on Friday and or Saturday nights because I work super early on weekend mornings. On weekdays I work late at night and even though there is a 2day break between the shifts, my clock doesn't switch over.  We could probably have that rule if no pushed for it, but he won't do it unless I really ask.  I think itnis a good idea though if it is a self care probable for anyone though.  Especially if you have health problems as well... My chiropractor is big on pushing enough sleep because that is when the body heals itself.  On the otger habd if you don't NEED to be up for somerhing in the morning, I think the best course is to follow your own natural sleep course, staying awake and staying asleep until your body chooses otherwise

I have a bedtime! Well, I actually have a device-restriction-time. I cannot use my devices (phone/computer/screens) for 8 hours from when I log/turn them off, and must do so before midnight. I can also never use them before 7am (regardless of how early I turned them off). 

While this is not exactly a bedtime, it does typically cause me to go to bed within at least 15-20 minutes of logging off... and sometimes right away. 

It's tracked on a chart, and the consequence for breaking the rule is spanking. 

The chart began on 6th October, so it's a fairly recent thing, and I have so far only broken the rule once (though have also gotten in trouble for making a fuss near bedtime... and asking naughty questions about the rule/loopholes)

Prior to having the chart, I was usually going to bed closer to 1am and occasionally 2am+. So I would say it helps. 

• Like 2

I stay up way too late and then am tired at work the next day. I wish I had a partner who was like the nursery rhyme "The Old Woman Who Lived in the Shoe" and did to me what the Old Woman did to her children each night: "Spanked them all soundly and put them to bed..."

I capitalized on my innate night owl tendencies by working night shifts for several years, but I've since joined the daywalkers. FOMO and an overactive mind have made it hard to go to bed since always, but I'm miserable without enough sleep, so I usually achieve something close to balance on my own. There are times I don't manage it quite as well, though. I haven't liked having a standing bedtime in the past, and it was usually just a temporary measure that worked like a deterrent against future irresponsibility. I've requested one a time or two when I needed the extra help until I could find balance again.

Maybe a weird distinction, but I usually appreciate being sent to bed as long as it's not a standing bedtime. When I'm clearly tired but having a hard time convincing myself to lie down already, being told to is a relief. It quiets my mind and makes me feel taken care of.

Note: emphasis on "usually" intentional to account for occasional spicy moods due to submissive sun/brat moon star chart combination.

15 hours ago, no^angel said:

Maybe a weird distinction, but I usually appreciate being sent to bed as long as it's not a standing bedtime. When I'm clearly tired but having a hard time convincing myself to lie down already, being told to is a relief.

jI seem to be seeing this be the case for more and more people. The emphasis on it not being a standing 'bedtime' but for the act of simply being told to go to bed.

2 hours ago, Spankalogical said:

jI seem to be seeing this be the case for more and more people. The emphasis on it not being a standing 'bedtime' but for the act of simply being told to go to bed.

IME, the idea of a standing bedtime is better than the reality because schedules are just too complex. The last time I was having ongoing trouble with getting enough sleep, I was juggling college, an odd work schedule, and familial obligations. There were too many moving parts that had to remain flexible, regardless of how much a more stable routine could have helped me. Instead of setting an inflexible bedtime, my Dom/ER at the time just told me when it was time for bed most nights based on his knowledge of whatever my needs and obligations were for the next day or week. I looked forward to it, really. It was a weight off my shoulders to not have that inner argument with myself, and it was a nice routine of its own that made up for not having a routine bedtime.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been assigned a bedtime by my new long-distance mentor, with spankings to occur for violations. It has helped me get away from the TV and off the computer and actually get in bed and get more sleep. Thank you!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2020 at 12:25 PM, IndySpanko said:

I have been assigned a bedtime by my new long-distance mentor, with spankings to occur for violations. It has helped me get away from the TV and off the computer and actually get in bed and get more sleep. Thank you!

Just curious, do you ever struggle with yourself to turn electronics off, or do you have good self-discipline? And how do you and your mentor keep track of violations? I’m pretty honest with my long-distance mentor, but sometimes it’s awfully tempting to stay quiet if I disobey a bedtime rule...

• Like 1

When my housemates left and I took over my current place, I pointedly made my bedroom as electronics-free as possible.  Other than the alarm clock, a landline phone extension (which is stashed on the lowest shelf of a small bookshelf), a lamp, my cell phone (which sits on the table beside my bed, but which I rarely use).  I have a small radio stashed under the bed which I will turn on if I'm truly sleepless, but that's rare.  I occasionally miss watching TV in bed, but not that much.

On 1/3/2021 at 10:14 PM, Shy2020 said:

Just curious, do you ever struggle with yourself to turn electronics off, or do you have good self-discipline? And how do you and your mentor keep track of violations? I’m pretty honest with my long-distance mentor, but sometimes it’s awfully tempting to stay quiet if I disobey a bedtime rule...

That’s why I always keep my hairbrush within reach.