Maureen

Anyone use spanking to relieve depression

I suffer from major depression. Has spanking helped anyone with depression? I heard it can ..

• Like 1

It helps motivate me to get things done when depression keeps me wanting to procrastinate.

• Like 1

I agree it's a good motivator, and when not done alone, it helps me feel cared about when I just want to isolate myself. It's a good way to release those heavy emotions too! Just be careful and do good aftercare, even/especially if it's by yourself.

I agree it's a good motivator, and when not done alone, it helps me feel cared about when I just want to isolate myself. It's a good way to release those heavy emotions too! Just be careful and do good aftercare, even/especially if it's by yourself.

ugh no idea why that posted three times lol!

Do you mean real time spanking by an experienced disciplinarian, or online directed self-spanking?

Depression is a serious illness. You can do more harm than good with someone who is untrained in psychology. 

• Like 1

I don't hold personally in using spanking in preference to seeking appropriate professional advice in the instance of clinical depression but would agree that can help with procrastination issues that may be impacted by a more general 'feeling low' or overloaded at a sensory level I fail to take a necessary action.

I wouldn't say that spanking cured my depression but understanding it's role in my life as an adult has helped me come to terms with my depression and anxiety.

I have had a few women ask me to spank them as temporary relief from depression/anxiety issues.  That day, their meds weren't enough and a sore bottom helped.

On 10/13/2020 at 2:48 PM, Maureen said:

I suffer from major depression. Has spanking helped anyone with depression? I heard it can ..

Yes.

I agree with Wifey however-- major depression is serious business, spanking alone may not be the answer. I don't know.

I used to think that it helped with depression. However, as St. George said, it's SERIOUS. There have been times when I have contemplated suicide. I really thought that spanking could bring me out of it. Well, it didn't make it worse. But, I learned quickly that when one hits rock bottom mentally, and it reaches the point of having suicidal thoughts, not only is spanking not enough, but spanking should be halted at that point.

Not getting out of it forever or anything like that, but pressing the pause button for a bit is the best way to go. Intense therapy is needed. I learned that I should not have engaged in spanking during the time that I was in a state of emergency. I recently went to through another rough patch and things got really bad. When I felt myself drifting towards thoughts of suicide, I pressed the pause button on spanking this time around. 

All that to say, no, spanking is NOT enough when it comes to depression. Never engage in it when you have hit rock bottom. That is the time to "stop the bleeding" so to speak.