Spanking Needs Forums

Anyone use spanking to relieve depression

I agree it's a good motivator, and when not done alone, it helps me feel cared about when I just want to isolate myself. It's a good way to release those heavy emotions too! Just be careful and do good aftercare, even/especially if it's by yourself.

I agree it's a good motivator, and when not done alone, it helps me feel cared about when I just want to isolate myself. It's a good way to release those heavy emotions too! Just be careful and do good aftercare, even/especially if it's by yourself.

Depression is a serious illness. You can do more harm than good with someone who is untrained in psychology. 

• Like 1

I don't hold personally in using spanking in preference to seeking appropriate professional advice in the instance of clinical depression but would agree that can help with procrastination issues that may be impacted by a more general 'feeling low' or overloaded at a sensory level I fail to take a necessary action.

I wouldn't say that spanking cured my depression but understanding it's role in my life as an adult has helped me come to terms with my depression and anxiety.

I have had a few women ask me to spank them as temporary relief from depression/anxiety issues.  That day, their meds weren't enough and a sore bottom helped.

On 10/13/2020 at 2:48 PM, Maureen said:

I suffer from major depression. Has spanking helped anyone with depression? I heard it can ..

Yes.

I agree with Wifey however-- major depression is serious business, spanking alone may not be the answer. I don't know.

I used to think that it helped with depression. However, as St. George said, it's SERIOUS. There have been times when I have contemplated suicide. I really thought that spanking could bring me out of it. Well, it didn't make it worse. But, I learned quickly that when one hits rock bottom mentally, and it reaches the point of having suicidal thoughts, not only is spanking not enough, but spanking should be halted at that point.

Not getting out of it forever or anything like that, but pressing the pause button for a bit is the best way to go. Intense therapy is needed. I learned that I should not have engaged in spanking during the time that I was in a state of emergency. I recently went to through another rough patch and things got really bad. When I felt myself drifting towards thoughts of suicide, I pressed the pause button on spanking this time around. 

All that to say, no, spanking is NOT enough when it comes to depression. Never engage in it when you have hit rock bottom. That is the time to "stop the bleeding" so to speak. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 10/20/2020 at 9:07 PM, F/m_Spanking_only said:

I used to think that it helped with depression. However, as St. George said, it's SERIOUS. There have been times when I have contemplated suicide. I really thought that spanking could bring me out of it. Well, it didn't make it worse. But, I learned quickly that when one hits rock bottom mentally, and it reaches the point of having suicidal thoughts, not only is spanking not enough, but spanking should be halted at that point.

Not getting out of it forever or anything like that, but pressing the pause button for a bit is the best way to go. Intense therapy is needed. I learned that I should not have engaged in spanking during the time that I was in a state of emergency. I recently went to through another rough patch and things got really bad. When I felt myself drifting towards thoughts of suicide, I pressed the pause button on spanking this time around. 

All that to say, no, spanking is NOT enough when it comes to depression. Never engage in it when you have hit rock bottom. That is the time to "stop the bleeding" so to speak. 

I hit rock bottom Christmastime of last year following the ending of a LTR. I found there was literally no-one to help and somehow the thought of therapists does not appeal. I have the typical male reluctance to seek help, for better or worse.

Times like these I find it best to go into survival mode, just keep things bone-simple and avoid doing anything that hurts, including spanking and especially drinking/drugs.

Sometimes things do happen for a reason, and change, even painful change, results in growth. Now I am divorced I no longer have a deceiver in my midst. Things are much clearer now, no more lies. What was hidden has become visible to me.

I try to avoid comparing myself to other people or imagining what their lives may be like (better, richer, more popular).

The truth is all lives are full of pain and suffering, because that is the nature of life. Also, we die soon. No need to rush things. Enjoy what time you have left and accept that this is your right as a child of light.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2020 at 7:07 PM, F/m_Spanking_only said:

I agree. We all love spanking; that's why we're here. We just have to remember that it's not a cure-all. While this activity is credited with stress-relief, there are times when it's best to abstain from it, and deep depression is one of those times. We need sound mental health to process the emotions that surface while being spanked. When our coping mechanism is malfunctioning and our outlook on life is skewed (trust me, we've all been there), spanking has the potential to do more harm than good. What would be more helpful are some sessions with a psychologist or a depression counselor.

• Thanks 1