Ftmbrat

Feeling stuck

I've been stuck in a low point for awhile trying to achieve my goals and making little or no progress. But it's even harder now as it feels everyone i know is accomplishing their's. One i've been trying for years is to get a new full time full benefit job. I have one but it is high stress and a key factor in my depression. I've been applying quite a bit lately but I keep getting auto rejection emails. I think i'm getting out sorted for not having select buzz words that their program searches for on my resume. I've been trying to find a new job since i started my current job 3 years ago. I know this site is a wide ranging group with all different types of experience, does anyone have recommendations when it comes to job hunting?

Have you tried setting up a profile on Linkdin? If you haven't already, it may be a good way to network with others in your field and get a foot in with a potential employer. 

I have also found that having a portfolio to show helps. For example, I have applied to communications-related jobs for three years before I finally got hired. I set up my own website using WordPress and presented my skills to my employer. I got hired on my first try using that method. Best of luck!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TanYourBottom said:

Have you tried setting up a profile on Linkdin? If you haven't already, it may be a good way to network with others in your field and get a foot in with a potential employer. 

Thank you for your advice, I have not yet set up a LinkedIn, I always thought that was for those with more professional careers. I've worked mostly as assistant, customer service, and planning departments. But I will give it a try! Thank you.