Spanking Needs Forums

Biblical discipline for adults (Male/male)

Has any adult male received biblical discipline from a pastor or minister from a more traditional church?  Are there any here willing to do that or who can recommend  someone who would?  Or any pastor or minister willing to discuss this by email or phone?

• Like 1

My first mentor was a priest....at his hands (well,  cane!)  i had my first adultcorrection. 

Later, I was approached by a small subgroup within a prayer group of which I was a member.

Two of the three in the subgroup were priests. I was invited to be the fourth member of this 'circle of accountability' and asked a lot of questions.

In short, they were held accountable by one another for their failings, and penance administered. When I asked about the penance, the answer was that it would be very familiar to anyone who'd been to boarding school and a few strokes of the cane were mimed.

I regret not joining.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/3/2020 at 5:58 AM, Needing correction! said:

The book of Proverbs covers this for adults as well as for children.

I’ll read more in Proverbs but can you point me to where you’re referring, please.  I would appreciate any insight you have on that. 
Thank you!

I

14 hours ago, Blisteredbottomboy said:

I’ll read more in Proverbs but can you point me to where you’re referring, please.  I would appreciate any insight you have on that. 
Thank you!

I

I'll have to get my Bible out, but there is at least one about the shebet for the backs (read backsides) of fools. 

There is also something in Hebrews 12 about parental and Godly discipline....some translations use words like whipping (read caning).

Also Aquinas wrote about the corporal correction of young monks..... they'd be up to the age of 24/25. He describes the 'whipping' (again read something akin to caning) as not bringing absolution but putting the receiver in the mindset to receive absolution.