Spanking Needs Forums

Buying a Wooden Hairbrush

49 minutes ago, FaithfulFriend said:

I am having a hard time finding a good wooden hairbrush.... that isn’t bamboo... to get for spanking. Anyone have any links to ones they suggest? 

Same here! I've already broken 2. Amazon has been no help.

• Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, TXSeeker said:

Amazon tends to favor the bamboo there! 

Have you tried a local drug store possibly or online? 

I’ve tried looking around too. I should go to a drug store though. That’s a good idea. Walmart has been no help... but I could try target

37 minutes ago, FaithfulFriend said:

I’ve tried looking around too. I should go to a drug store though. That’s a good idea. Walmart has been no help... but I could try target

I was at Walmart yesterday, and agree it is of no help. All their hairbrushes are plastic, or round, or weird looking. As if they're actually meant for hair, or something!

I did pick up a wooden spoon, however! 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Many in stores are flimsy, as they want to sell them for a cheap price. I looked quite a bit, found a nice, solid, large and thick wooden one at a Walgreens in NYC that was a Duane Reade store before Walgreens bought them. Got it 5 years ago, and many thousands of spanks later, it still is perfectly solid, still looks good, and still gets the desired job done.

I did look at Walgreens online, and saw nothing nearly so solid. That is what leads me to think its still a Duane Reade carryover product, most likely just in this region.

TJ Max usually has somthing.  They also have some interesting wood spoons.  We got an olive wood spoon there once that has both good sting and thud.  Wife uses some for almost every spanking.

You're seeking a hairbrush, and this is a bath brush, but it's a heck of a nice one. The longer handle will give it a bit more leverage than a hairbrush. A spanking buddy of mine sent this to me a little while back, and I've been eyeing it ever since. I have a hunch that one of these will be joining my herd soon. 😉 Here's the link, in case you, too, might like it.  

https://www.amazon.com/Redecker-Short-Natural-Bristles-Inches/dp/B00FG07OTO/ref=pd_ybh_a_11?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=JKG5FSTH2GZA5162EJHM

• Like 1
On 8/23/2020 at 2:31 PM, firm_receiving_firm_giving said:

What's wrong with bamboo, just curious? 

I like bamboo, as it's a natural, very renewable product (it's technically a grass, not a wood). My everyday eating utensils are bamboo. In my personal experience, however, bamboo used for impact play is more prone to cracking than are other fibers. 

Etsy is my favorite source for implements.  I have two purpose made hairbrush paddles from KinkWorksRx, and believe me, they hurt!  If you want a real hairbrush then I agree with the beauty supply store suggestion.  The ones I have found are light and cheap (in comparison), but still work great.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Chawsee said:

You're seeking a hairbrush, and this is a bath brush, but it's a heck of a nice one. The longer handle will give it a bit more leverage than a hairbrush. A spanking buddy of mine sent this to me a little while back, and I've been eyeing it ever since. I have a hunch that one of these will be joining my herd soon. 😉 Here's the link, in case you, too, might like it.  

https://www.amazon.com/Redecker-Short-Natural-Bristles-Inches/dp/B00FG07OTO/ref=pd_ybh_a_11?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=JKG5FSTH2GZA5162EJHM

I have been on the receiving end of one of those and can vouch for it being an excellent implement.  I’m going to buy one now. 😂

• Like 1

A couple suggestions for anyone looking for an old fashioned wooden hairbrush.  First, check ebay out periodically, I've bought a few antique hairbrushes on Ebay from the UK that are exactly what one is looking for in a spanking implement.  Just can sometimes be a little pricey.  I also will echo what others have said about Etsy.

I'll also link to two other brushes I have that have worked very well for me through the years. The first is actually a bath-brush, but it is short handled (10 inches) and feels far more like a hairbrush.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0018OVKQ0?pf_rd_r=TB09KQQ1J6N6ZTN6ABDQ&pf_rd_p=edaba0ee-c2fe-4124-9f5d-b31d6b1bfbee  The other one is not as solid, but it is stunningly beautiful, the perfect size and shape, and it gives a very stingy spanking.  http://www.winwoods.com/koa-lehua-hairbrush/ 

I hope those help!

I saw a really nice vintage one in a charity shop near me the other day - sadly it had gone by the time I returned - hope its gone to good spanko home !

On 9/1/2020 at 3:51 PM, Chawsee said:

The Redecker short bath brush is a near identical item to the famed Vermont Country Store bath brush. It is indeed a fearsome implement. Ours has received lots of use over the years. 

5 minutes ago, iowaguidance said:

The Redecker short bath brush is a near identical item to the famed Vermont Country Store bath brush. It is indeed a fearsome implement. Ours has received lots of use over the years. 

Here's ours in action being used by my wife on a naughty young lady friend of ours.

20200903_140942.jpg

• Like 2

Nice photo. Finding a really good brush can be hard. I once went on quest while spending time in New York City.

I was looking to buy a brush for a  spanking friend as a present. Can you imagine traveling around town going into the old fashioned drug stores looking for the perfect brush?  Heavy wood, right handle design...Of course there was the thrill of trying them on my hand while the person working there looked on. I ending up buying 2. One was a short handled bath brush, very heavy. The other was made in England. I think the brand was Kent. My friend was surprised when she got them and although she spanked me with them both, She told me that the nice English one became the go to  brush for her long black hair, she liked it so much.

• Like 1