Sign in to follow this  
Bramblewine

Great response by advice columnist

Just saw this gem in the Care and Feeding parenting column at Slate (in keeping with this forum's rules, I promise!) Letter #4 at this link asks the columnist what her stance on spanking is. She responds: 

Spanking is an effective, time-honored, traditional form of sexual foreplay between consenting adults with a predetermined safe word, and I support it wholeheartedly. For kids? No. That would be wildly inappropriate. It’s 2020. Turn off their data plan or take away their toys or something.

• Like 1

** Thread lock because con's/ pro's or alluding to discussion of actual live children and the method of which a parent raises them is not really up to debate, discussion, or any forms of dialog here. I get this is in some context of SN (re: adult part) but due to the nature we are an 18+ site and not a parenting site, this isn't the bast place to discuss the best parenting method. 

Guidelines

The discussions on this site involve legally consenting adults, that have full legal capacity to consent. In most states and countries this means the age of 18 or older. Please be mindful of the age of consent in your locality. 

The posting of photographs of minors engaged in a spanking experience is strictly prohibited. The exception of personal experiences and age regressed fictional characters are listed in the Writing, Photographs and Videos section.  

Promotion or interest shown in minors (persons younger than 18) joining or being part of the spanking lifestyle will not be allowed. This includes discussion of minors being allowed in the lifestyle, accepting or sending friend requests to members that state they are minors, replying to a personal ad in which the member states they are a minor, or stating/ showing interest that you are interested in spanking minors on or off site, etc. 

Discussion of or seeking feedback on the discipline of minors is not allowed except in the context of age regressed fictional characters.

• Thanks 1