Spanking Needs Forums

Holding position

What do you do to help you hold position whilst on the receiving end of a painful spanking? Is a strong will all that’s required or is there more to it? 

I am corrected in a very similar manner to that in which it took place in my teenage years: caned over a chair back.

I do what I did then! Grip the seat or cushion tightly and screw up my eyes.

Any movement wins extra strokes.

It's hard, but submitting quietly and meekly to the correction is part of it.

• Like 1

When I’m being spanked it depends upon what position my spanker has me in. Across the lap I squirm and roll from side to side. It takes a firm hand on my back to keep me in place. I’m usually feeling overpowered. 

Bent over a chair I tend to jump and that’s not tolerated. I do try to grip on. I’m always told I’m punished more for moving to much. But it’s not something I seem to be able to control. 

In general  I think most of my reactions during a spanking are involuntary. When I’m being punished i don’t have a strong will at all. I revert back to being a little boy. 😓

• Like 1

Yes, I think that there is a world of difference between involuntary flinching and moving out of position.

For an intrinsically severe implement like the cane or lexan paddle, flinching is evidence that each stroke is effective.

But trying to move out of the cane's flight, or blocking strokes is a specific act to mitigate the correction. There need to be disincentives for this.... not least for safety reasons. A cane or paddle which is safe administered to the correct area, could cause injury to a hand that is thrust into its path to block a stroke.  It is also an attempt to avoid the correction that is deserved.

It should merit extra punishment.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I am all about the "voluntary relinquishment of control," which includes staying in position. I take such pride in holding my position and accepting my punishment willingly that I seldom have any trouble with moving my bottom. However, my head often will rise up dramatically from a stroke, I will stamp my foot in response, I will bite harder on a pillow, etc. But none of those are losing position ...

I’m learning to stay more still.  I’ve struggled with this more than I’d like to admit.  What helps me is telling myself that I earned this punishment and now I have no choice but to remain in position and accept what I earned.  Doesn’t seem that saying this to myself would help, but it does.  I think maybe it’s because it’s a way of putting myself into submission.

• Like 1

It is odd. As a child I knew I would NEVER sumbit to meekly baring my bottom and bending over.

But as an adolescent my father acquired a cane. To my own astonishment I found myself lowering my trousers and underwear and bending over a chair, quietly and humbly accepting the correction I knew I deserved. 

I'm now caned in a very similar manner for purely discipline purposes and I know to keep still (flinching aside) and accept the correction I deserve.

For those of us who are corrected in this way, meek and humble cooperation is the outward sign of acceptance.

I too am sometimes caned for disipline reasons bare bottom bending standing over a chair but I find it hard to keep from wriggling clenching and putting my hands in the way. So my spanker sometimes canes me over the knee as I can be controlled better as my hands are held and the other hand is used to cane my bottom some on the sitspots!

In response to my earlier post when I kick wriggle clench and put my hands in the way I am given extra strokes of the cane or harder spanks with  the hairbrush in an effort to teach me control  I so need to learn control ! I am a slow learner!!!

10 hours ago, REALTEARS said:

I too am sometimes caned for disipline reasons bare bottom bending standing over a chair but I find it hard to keep from wriggling clenching and putting my hands in the way. So my spanker sometimes canes me over the knee as I can be controlled better as my hands are held and the other hand is used to cane my bottom some on the sitspots!

If it is an upholstered chair back the friction precludes too much wriggling. Similarly if it is sufficiently high or bulky  that the recipient can only just grasp the cushion, it helps preclude reaching back. It has the dual advantage of safety plus keeping the buttocks tightly stretched, making each stroke more efficacious.

With one spanker--since retired--a couple times I found myself sliding off her knee unintentionally, and I repositioned myself to take my spanking properly.