Spanking Needs Forums

Hello everyone.

I find myself in a little bit of a difficult situation, and I'm hoping for some advice on the subject.

My son- 19, still living at home- was recently given a ticket for parking in a no-parking zone. Not necessarily a dangerous thing to do, but the cost of the citation falls on my shoulders. He saw the sign, and knew it was illegal, but he did it anyways. In response to this, I decided to ground him for awhile; no technology and no car, except for emergencies and necessary trips such as to and from work.

No problem there, sounds about right.

A few hours later, though, he came to me and asked something I consider a little odd. He asked to receive a spanking, rather than being grounded. 

I really don't know what to do. I am willing to accept the possibility this request is genuine, and willing to consider it, but I must admit I find it very strange that a 19 year old would ask for such a thing in a non-erotic parental setting. I had always thought that after a certain age, spanking would no longer be appropriate between a child and parent given its often sexualized undertones between two adults. I am- understandably, I think- a little hesitant to accept his suggestion.

He does need to be disciplined, as what he did was irresponsible and had consequences for others to deal with, but I don't know if spanking is an appropriate way to go.

What does everyone think? Is spanking appropriate between a parent and adult child if the child is living at home and requests it as an alternative?

Thanks

I have more than one friend where their adult  children still living at home are subject to the rules of their parents. And yes, as legally adults they find out quickly they need to behave and follow rules set by their parents to avoid spankings. 

Interesting that he asked for a spanking instead of other disciplines such as been grounded. Young adult folks like their freedom and a discipline spanking is often preferable for most.

Just do not go too gently on him so that hopefully he will learn his lesson this time. 

I sure think it is very appropriate as long as he is consenting to it. Also considering that he has a job, he should be responsible to pay the ticket.  He is seekig discipline and knows he needs it.that is quite admirable in my opinion.

Welcome to the site.

Ms.Mary

• Like 1

Thank you both for your input.

I know it would be legal if consented to. My concern is whether or not it would be appropriate for me as a parent to carry out that sort of discipline in an adult child. I am concerned that it might create an awkward tension between us. 

Not to mention how far should I go with it? I can't create much of an effect in a young adult by just slapping his jeans, but I also don't think it's appropriate for me to undress him at his age. 

He has voiced his willingness to accept whatever spanking I assign, though.

It could bring you closer. It definitely would not be sexuL in any way. Personally I would have him take his pants down put him either over your knee or bent over the bed and give hm a good sound spankng wth a belt or even a wooden spoon.  Honestly I think he will respect you for it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We've talked about it a bit more, and we've decided to go ahead with it under the agreement that he can stop it at any time and default back to grounding.

I am still a bit hesitant, but he seems to be sure.

I'll update on how it goes tonight.

• Like 1

I have to say, my BS meter is sending out alarms here. I guess it's *possible* that this situation is real, but it seems really unlikely to me that this came out of the blue, and the parent then magically right away found SN for the first time, joined, and thought it was appropriate to ask advice here, on a spanking site full of people that he/she doesn't know. With no mention of whether spanking was used in discipline previously, and then asking questions about undressing. And no explanation of why, with him working, he's not paying the fine himself. Again, maybe it's real, but I doubt it.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, DougK said:

I have to say, my BS meter is sending out alarms here. I guess it's *possible* that this situation is real, but it seems really unlikely to me that this came out of the blue, and the parent then magically right away found SN for the first time, joined, and thought it was appropriate to ask advice here, on a spanking site full of people that he/she doesn't know. With no mention of whether spanking was used in discipline previously, and then asking questions about undressing. And no explanation of why, with him working, he's not paying the fine himself. Again, maybe it's real, but I doubt it.

Good point. But I gave him the benefit of the doubt..

On 8/12/2020 at 11:53 AM, DougK said:

Same. 100% is fishy. 

• 1 month later...

If this is true I do not believe OTK spanking would work. He would have to be leaned over a bed with only underwear on. 10-20 or so solid belts across his backside should be enough to drive the point home. You also want to make it painful enough to not let it happen again. If it isn't painful, he will see it as an easier punishment.

Chances are he just doesn't want to be grounded and bored. Young adults enjoy their freedom.