Bobby112342

Public spanking for adult criminals?

Court ordered paddlings  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should shoplifters, thieves and unarmed burglars be spanked by court order?

• Yes in open court at the time of sentencing
    • Yes once per week/month everybody sentenced gets it in a public place (theater/gym etc)
    • No that would be too embarrassing
    • No that would be cruel
  2. 2. If yes should it be bare bottom

• Yes
    • Yes but only for second offense the first is clothed
    • No always over clothes
  3. 3. Should I put more of the variables we talked about

• Yes I'd like to answer more of this scenario
    • No

My neighbor's 18 year old son got paddled at school for being late one too many times and was never late again. But then he gets caught breaking into my garage stealing tools and gets probation and a fine that his mother paid. And then breaks into my garage again a few days later. So this time he was looking at a few days in jail and another fine so his mother asked if she paddled him if I would drop the charges. So far I haven't heard about him getting into any more trouble. His mother wondered to me if she had paddled him the first time if the second wouldn't have happened. We talked about court ordered spanking but there were so many variables that it's probably not realistic. But thought I'd ask on here what others thought. 

• Like 1

I don’t believe this should work unless all parties consented. Even still, I find it creepy for a public setting. For the mass majority, those that are doing these petty thefts are doing it because they are desperate and do not have anything. I wonder if we gave them resources If it would be a repeat offense.

• Like 4

That may be true where you are. Where I am I counted over 50 help wanted signs but we have a high unemployment rate. This was before covid. I don't talk to people much but I listen. A lot of people refuse to work. They prefer stealing and dealing drugs. This kid who broke into my garage is one of them. He threw his game controller and broke it and his mom told him she wasn't buying him another one. That he would have to get a job. 

This subject was a lively discussion in another chat site.   Most agreed that for certain minor offenses, the judge could offer the choice of jail time, public service or fine and license marking (for traffic violations) or a bare bottom spanking at the hands of a qualified pro disciplinarian.  Sentence would be carried out in a punishment room in the courthouse as an assigned date and time.  This was made public and anyone could attend if they desired.   It was a great discussion and I do believe it would be a deterrent to many minor offenses.

• Like 4

Quite an interesting topic and results for the poll.

Not adverse to the idea if all parties involved consented to it, and it would certainly be a good deterrent for petty crime. 

I think they should be done in private though if it were to happen, much like any other spanking arrangement. The spanking itself would serve as enough of a deterrent and having others witness it would complicate matters, especially in smaller communities. 

Absolutely.  With the government programs and food banks no one should need to shop lift food... Make it for  misdemeanor, not felonies, as an option to jail time and or fines , not court costs.

Some I believe would take the option to avoid a few days in jail. I think Singapore had it right when they wanted to cane the boy for vandalism...

It was a great discussion on the other site.  I respectfully disagree with Amber on the public factor.  I feel the knowledge of your punishment being witnessed only adds to the effectiveness.  A dose of humiliation adds to the punishment.  I'm not heartless....perhaps it become public if it is a repeat offense within a specific time.

3 minutes ago, cowboy said:

It was a great discussion on the other site.  I respectfully disagree with Amber on the public factor.  I feel the knowledge of your punishment being witnessed only adds to the effectiveness.  A dose of humiliation adds to the punishment.  I'm not heartless....perhaps it become public if it is a repeat offense within a specific time.

Not 100% opposed to it, but I'm definitely a little egh on it. Would be less opposed in the traditional DD dynamic, but public punishments for lawbreakers seems a little bit too old fashioned for me. Plus I think its an option more likely to be chosen if it were private.

Perhaps, maybe they could be given the option. Take it in public and it will hurt less?

One of the options we talked about was if it was in a theater people could pay as little as $1 to watch. The closer the seat the more it gets up to $5. Then there was maybe having them face the audience while they get it and for $10 you could get a seat on the stage behind them. All the money raised would go to the local community (schools, police equipment, or even into the general tax budget and then lower next year's taxes by the amount raised.) 

Then the question of who would do the paddling. A 300 pound man should never be paddling a 90 pound woman but twin men and women who committed the same crime shouldn't get different severity so a woman should always do the paddling. Maybe a female deputy or officer. His mom brought up maybe a raffle at $1 per ticket to get to be the paddler. Depending on how many people are sentenced maybe the winner paddles 3 people chosen randomly. Again all the money goes to help locally. Maybe the criminals get lucky and get an 18 year old who weighs 90 pounds or they get a 200 pound can hit a home run. It's more about the public embarrassment than the pain. 

Of course there would be a list of exemptions. Depending on age and health. 

As much as I'd like spanking to be more ubiquitous I think it is an activity that should only take place between consenting adults. I spent some of my younger years in a country where the cane and whipping were common place. I think using it in a disciplinary fashion brings out a lot of sadistic tendencies and as the punishment becomes more easily worn the sadism increases. The cane was also used in workplaces (including govt workplaces) to punish adults and was fairly unregulated. This does not foster responsibility and ownership it instils fear and stunts the mental maturity required to navigate the world. 

Saying that though I'd 100% consent to this being within the choices an adult can make, a professional disciplinarian who you'd sign up for that monitors your progress and punishes you if you do not meet your own goals. This would be on par with a counsellor or a coach set goals/objectives perhaps even paid for by your employer but independent of their influence.

• Like 3

Rereading my answer the distinction I make between this and DD is that in DD in consensual non-consent, but it my experience recounted above the EE has absolutely no ability to consent - it's very much more akin to abuse.

I was thinking a paddle and up to 10 swats. This is more about the public embarrassment than the pain. Also thinking it would be a different paddler every time. Even if there are 10 people lined up there would be 2 or 3 different women to do the paddling. They along with the ee would be chosen at random from a lottery so it would hopefully avoid acquaintances. It would only be for high misdemeanor crimes like breaking and entering or theft. Not minor crimes or traffic offenses. Just obvious crimes that required premeditation. They knew they were committing a crime well before they actually did it. 

Don't they do this is other countries already....

I saw a judicial caning on some criminal and it was rough it tore his butt open😨

It's a bit middle ages though along with thumbscrews and the rack

Oh and the ducking stool

I think a telling off and a finger wagging is sufficient for most reprobates nowadays....what do you all think? 😄

smiling-man-wagging-finger-pointing-upwards-20692463.jpg

I don't agree with caning. That would leave scars for someone who was maybe just going through a rough patch. This is more about the public embarrassment than the pain. 

Oh I see A little bit of ridicule and humiliation ...I'm guessing public paddling would draw quite a crowd!....but we'd all have to mask up and distance...the punisher would need a long paddle like an oar..we want to punish safely after all perhaps they could televise it..."and now from Norwich...bright red bottoms and sorry faces...it's Paddle the Perp time...cue music! 😀😀😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I once found a video online about canning in Malaysia. There were a few male being caned but one I remember was a tall black man. They were all lead to a frame and restrained to it. Most got between 2 and 10 strokes. One gut got twenty. His poor butt was raw meat when it was finished. They never said what he did but I bet he never did it again!   Always wondered why none of them were screaming. I know I would have.

I don't think US should go that far but public paddling is a good idea.

When we were bad in school we were striped had our pants pulled down and our naked bottoms spanked hard with a paddle until we either cried or out butts were so red we could not sit down for a week. I think the embarasement in public for criminals especially spanking with a paddle until their butts are so sorry they can't sit down without a pillow for weeks could possibly change their behavior to stop their crime. Pain seems to be the best teacher. When pain is inflicted on bad behavior people tend to change that behavior.  That is why spanking especially bare butt spanking can be very effective!!!!

• Like 1

I'd love to see the smug criminals face as he got a sentence of fifty lashes hopefully he'd make a fuss be in contempt and get his sentence doubled😉

• Like 1

I feel I can't comment on other people but in hindsight there was some behaviour of mine in my late teens/early twenties - vandalism, alchohol/drug use etc that if I'd been caught I would have accepted a spanking of some sort along with some kind of community payback. Interestingly enough I had an older Jamaican lady befriend me at university who although she never spanked me was pretty strict - she once half-jokingly threatened to wash my mouth out with soap for swearing. I took it seriously enough to begin to improve my ways.  Overall I don't think it should be a judicial option and certainly not in a way that leaves permanent marks or psychological wounds but as an option that might help some - maybe ...

I am not opposed to adults getting spanked as a real form of attonement provided they consent.  But using it as a state sanctioned penalty presents challenges.

There is a larger question as to how the state delivers justice and what that really means.  But even ignoring that if we assume that some form of corporal punishment is acceptable we are still left with some difficult problems.

In Singapore offenders can have scars for life.  Is that appropriate for vandalism, for example?

And if the punishment is designed to leave no permanent harm then we have the opposite problem.

How would you regulate the sentence so that each offender receives equal justice?  

This does not mean that I believe prison is better or less cruel only that I dont think in the real world such a system is conducive to the type of society we are used to.

• Like 1

Prison unless your in for life is just a holding tank for scumbags.

I think uk's sentences should match u.s's as our justice system is so feeble it's a joke.. silly old fools in wigs it's like pantomime with pathetic leniency...people make so many excuses for criminals the fact is in most cases they knew what they were doing when they committed the crime!....ah that's my rant over 😀

On 8/3/2020 at 11:42 AM, Am123 said:

I think they should be done in private though if it were to happen, much like any other spanking arrangement. The spanking itself would serve as enough of a deterrent and having others witness it would complicate matters, especially in smaller communities. 

Gov loves to mess up lives so agree that a private spanking with trusted witnesses would be the best way to go.... But I like the idea some judges have used in last few years... After the private spanking the one spanked has to carry a board that says "I have been spanked for (lists the details) .... " X amount of hours standing by lights on a busy street of the small town. 

I'm sure a lot of judges are control freaks or perverts or both!😝

I would say private spanking only for pre meditated crimes and done by same sex professionals with two witnesses

• Like 1

For petty non-violent crimes it could be an option rather than jail time.  But if accepted, would be private and by same gender.  Could be a paddling like in school and not have to be bare bottom either.  Publish the sentence in the local paper.

• Like 1