Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 8/8/2020 at 11:26 PM, rude_rumps said:

Thank you sooo much for your very kind words...it means alot to me!! I'm definitely still working on it...I just finished another page and I'm starting on the next :)

I do put alot of detail into the panels...Working in 3d is different from regular illustrations for me...it's more like creating a world...or at least a movie...so I spend alot of time on getting the sets and characters just right...and then I can make the panels tell the story I want...

It's so interesting what you say about our experiences growing up being eerily similar...I've talked to alot of spankos and we all have these things in common... One of the reasons I got started on my graphic novel is it felt like there was almost nothing out there telling our story...as spankos... Over the last year I started reading alot of coming of age graphic novels from women...and there are a fair number from authors who are gay...as I was reading them I thought wow it would've been impossible to talk about that 30 years ago...probably even more recently...and it's wonderful now they can!! But for spankos I feel like we're still at that time in history where it's not safe to talk about...we have to be silent... There's been a few really brave people like Jillian Keenan...but there's so little out there telling our stories... Well it's been burning in me so long and as an artist I felt like I had to get something out... so that's what got me started on it...

As far as how much time it takes...I try to get through about a page a week...and usually work on it every night for 3-4 hours...so it's probably about 20 hours a page...there's the 3d part I do in Daz then I do alot in Photoshop coloring and sometimes hand painting...then I do all the lettering in Illustrator... You're right though I don't plan to try to publish it...there are just too many issues...I know the childhood aspects are very controversial and alot of people would misunderstand it...but for me it's a big part of how my spanking feelings developed...so I can't leave it out or gloss over it...I try to show the emotions of it and how it left me feeling...both the good and the bad...

I do kind of think I was born this way...but gosh I really don't know either!! There are some aspects with it I'm SURE I learned...specific things that excite me and resonate with me that I know came out of experiences I had in childhood or older... It's all so complicated... I know some people say they don't wonder why about it and just accept it...but for me I do always wonder and try to fit it together in my head...I guess that's just how I am...maybe it's an artistic thing...I don't know...?

That's interesting what you say about magic too!! I've had these experiences and feelings I just couldn't explain...especially at certain times in my life...and I've always felt like there was something MORE out there...in some ways I guess I'm a seeker... I feel like these experiences are another thing that's made me feel different...on top of being a spanko...and it somehow fits together...

50 * 20 = 1000 hours, wow, I hesitated to make such a high estimate, because I don't know the state of technology where photo-editing is concerned. My recollection is that it's all rather cumbersome and requires infinite fiddling and I reckon not much has changed in that regard. Words are no different, a writer can approach a story a thousand times and want to make changes every time, even to punctuation. However it is a work of love and being creative is more fun than say, watching a show or just playing video games. Part of the fun is sharing with others and gaining a charge from their energy, and validation of your own beliefs and experiences. That is a reward into itself although it won't pay the light bill.

Yes, on pg.  1, I noticed things such as, your suggestive posture in each frame, your expression, the tools of the trade and then in the past, the board games of the 1980s (Clue). Your work has a ton of nostalgia value for people of a certain age. Referring to a non-story pic, "Parade" continued to be distributed even into the 1990s as I recall. Yes, after I found some of the golden eggs laid by the Golden Goose, I went and gathered them all up. I didn't mean to dismiss other artists, I felt bad about that, I have some other favorites too, and they also have value, what I meant instead was just to praise you. I got caught up in the moment, I think.

Before the Internet, much was mysterious and seemed unusual, but as you say, there are common shared experiences, feelings and beliefs that are found in many people from all over. I remember stealing Mom's mirror from the bathroom and using it for the same purpose as Rude; I also recall many a time asking probing questions of my mates and trying to get them interested in play or even in sharing stories with me. Also recall dog-earring certain pages from certain comic books and marking those books with a certain numerical code to identify the scene of interest. I remember a lot of negative feelings too.

It is possible to get bogged down in messages and forums, the Internet is a great time-waster in general. You don't have to reply here, I don't want to take up your time that would be better-spent on those wondrous dazzling eggs. Conserve your energy for the work at hand and keep on keeping on. Don't waste time, use it wisely.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, rude_rumps said:

Ok...I finished another 3 pages of chapter 3... I had alot of fun with the characters...especially the dorkiness :D

https://spankingart.org/wiki/Rude_Rumps

Grabbed it right away of course. Have not read yet; I'm saving it for this weekend. Thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post

And now...page 54 :)

The theme of this page is...embarrassment...well sort of... see if you can find the Easter EGG :D

https://spankingart.org/wiki/Rude_Rumps

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Caught up with p.54. This will be a genre cult classic. Hope you have the leisure to bring it all the way up to adult life and present time. Then update as you go along. I have learned many things from it that I did not know before, for instance "bratting". It is like a college course for spankos and maybe be an eye-opener for vanilla people. This is the first spanking comic I've ever read where I wonder if it has crossover potential, like maybe there would be interest from people not even into spanking, they might be curious at least. If you consider votes, my vote is to continue with this series. I think this series is O.K.

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, rude_rumps said:

2 new pages...including memories about reading parenting books and looking for spanking references :D

https://spankingart.org/wiki/Rude_Rumps

Awesome! Thanks for the head's up. I'm glad you're still going! Every page is a gift. I just wish this sort of thing had been around back in, oh, 1980 or so...

Share this post


Link to post

And another 2 pages :D

No spanking in these...but about accepting people and kind of meditating on the end of childhood

https://spankingart.org/wiki/Rude_Rumps#Chapter_III

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I love the wistful feel of it, even in the body language of the ponies, and the autumnal color scheme, culminating in the ever-so-Bradbury-esque final panel - great work with the reflections in the water and everything!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

A little late to the party but just came to say that thanks.

I really enjoyed and connected with the glimpse into the past of a person that grew up with in a time not that long ago when people with this interest felt as though they were alone.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/1/2020 at 12:36 AM, rude_rumps said:

3 more pages...about being 12...feeling confused and overwhelmed...and a very bad incident I didn't talk about for a long time...

https://spankingart.org/wiki/Rude_Rumps#Chapter_III

Just read the three tonight and wanted to express my approval. Firstly, this latest update seemed even more immersive. I definitely got the sense it was a genuine occurrence and not fictional. The quality, as always, is just off-the-charts amazing, I mean this is one for the history books as far as spanko art is concerned. Without a doubt, this is commercial-quality, and again you are incredibly generous to just give it away with no thought of compensation. I keep expecting you to insert a paypal account into the story, like donate here or something. Well, nix paypal, they wouldn't boogie, but you get the drift. Secondly, due to the high quality, you have a bully pulpit and an opportunity to express higher level thoughts such as morality. I very much appreciate the didactic flavor of this latest update, offering a reality check to those that may benefit from it. I had similar experiences growing up as a spanko and concur with the thoughts and feelings expressed here.

Share this post


Link to post

Can't wait for the next pages.  You are ana amazing artist!

Share this post


Link to post

Love everything about your work. Well written, beautifully drawn and from the heart. Thank you for sharing.

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/9/2020 at 1:19 AM, rude_rumps said:

Thanks everybody for the kind words...they help motivate me...kind of like hairbrushes :rolleyes:

I finished another page...memories of 7th grade...and a cliffhanger for what comes next...

https://spankingart.org/wiki/Rude_Rumps#Chapter_III

Ah, entering a new period of life, I see. Love the way you drew the principal. There were always some administrators or teachers that were in love with the paddle and made no secret of it.

The further you go, the more your graphic novel acquires a mainstream feel. At first, I thought, O.K., underground spanko art, but wow, the highest level of spanko art. You kept diversifying and adding color from other areas of life and spirit until you transcended spanko art, and I have to wonder about whether non-spankos would get it. Personally I think they would. You could make money off this the way you're going. Clearly your motive isn't that, nor eroticism per se although that has a place, instead you wish to record your autobiography as a kind of monument for the ages. I think it will endure, and what better place than in cyberspace; just imagine all the saves all over the world--- even global nuclear war could not eliminate all copies. If it remains free then exponentially more people will store a copy of it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/11/2020 at 6:38 AM, St.George said:

Ah, entering a new period of life, I see. Love the way you drew the principal. There were always some administrators or teachers that were in love with the paddle and made no secret of it.

The further you go, the more your graphic novel acquires a mainstream feel. At first, I thought, O.K., underground spanko art, but wow, the highest level of spanko art. You kept diversifying and adding color from other areas of life and spirit until you transcended spanko art, and I have to wonder about whether non-spankos would get it. Personally I think they would. You could make money off this the way you're going. Clearly your motive isn't that, nor eroticism per se although that has a place, instead you wish to record your autobiography as a kind of monument for the ages. I think it will endure, and what better place than in cyberspace; just imagine all the saves all over the world--- even global nuclear war could not eliminate all copies. If it remains free then exponentially more people will store a copy of it.

Told you it was Persepolis or Maus quality! 

I actually think it could do well as a hard copy book. People have turned blogs into books, sometimes with a little extra content in the book. Maybe you could do the same someday with your graphic novel. I think it probably would draw a mainstream audience, and help spankos be better understood.

Share this post


Link to post

Forgot to mention, only spankos with reasonably private internet access are likely to look at a spanking art page. A hardcopy book would reach a much wider audience.

Of course, a hard copy book on this subject would get banned in lots of places, too. Which might only help make it more popular....

Share this post


Link to post

I already loved your work having seen the page on handprints, but CHY is brilliant, applying your graphic skills to autobiography! Thank you so much for sharing it with us, your work is wonderful and the added personal dimension makes it even more interesting. I am not an illustrator so having gone through the same "why am I like this" process I could only write about it, on LSF and also a short version in the intro section here. I too remember that definition of spanking in the dictionary and tried self-spanking, though my story was too little parental discipline so not entirely like yours.
I think this is learned behaviour rather than "hard wired" but as we now think in terms of brain plasticity rather than structure, that can't be surprising, surely? I remember being surprised by Keenan's statement in her book about her bottom being her sexual centre as I related to that myself, I just hadn't thought of it in those terms before. So what I think now is that it's quite possible that we may be given some kinds of stimuli quite early in life, like a bottom rub perhaps, and this remains with us. I think that just goes into the mix with all the other influences; for instance in my case, I made my sexuality with guilt from lack of punishment as one input, which is why I tried self-spanking when I was 14 or so. I think it is very interesting and satisfying to think about how this happens and each of us has a different story, a different path. Thanks for sharing your story and in such a distinctive style and I look forward to seeing future instalments.

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/11/2020 at 1:38 PM, St.George said:

Ah, entering a new period of life, I see. Love the way you drew the principal. There were always some administrators or teachers that were in love with the paddle and made no secret of it.

The further you go, the more your graphic novel acquires a mainstream feel. At first, I thought, O.K., underground spanko art, but wow, the highest level of spanko art. You kept diversifying and adding color from other areas of life and spirit until you transcended spanko art, and I have to wonder about whether non-spankos would get it. Personally I think they would. You could make money off this the way you're going. Clearly your motive isn't that, nor eroticism per se although that has a place, instead you wish to record your autobiography as a kind of monument for the ages. I think it will endure, and what better place than in cyberspace; just imagine all the saves all over the world--- even global nuclear war could not eliminate all copies. If it remains free then exponentially more people will store a copy of it.

New period in my life...ba-da-bump...hee hee...my dad loved bad puns too :rolleyes:

It's true as I go on with it...it goes beyond just spanking... When I first started I didn't plan to say as much about other stuff... but then I realized it's all part of my identity and the spanking part doesn't make so much sense without it...or vice versa... I do hope it touches people...and yes it'd be wonderful if vanillas could understand us a little better through it...

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/18/2020 at 1:23 AM, Bramblewine said:

Told you it was Persepolis or Maus quality! 

I actually think it could do well as a hard copy book. People have turned blogs into books, sometimes with a little extra content in the book. Maybe you could do the same someday with your graphic novel. I think it probably would draw a mainstream audience, and help spankos be better understood.

Thank you!!

That's interesting about taking stuff from the web and making it into books...I hadn't really thought about all these aspects...so maybe when I'm done with all the pages I'll look into it more...I'm making the pages print resolution anyway and then make them smaller for the internet... I'd like to post it other places too but haven't found many where it fits...

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/19/2020 at 12:06 AM, spankme70 said:

I already loved your work having seen the page on handprints, but CHY is brilliant, applying your graphic skills to autobiography! Thank you so much for sharing it with us, your work is wonderful and the added personal dimension makes it even more interesting. I am not an illustrator so having gone through the same "why am I like this" process I could only write about it, on LSF and also a short version in the intro section here. I too remember that definition of spanking in the dictionary and tried self-spanking, though my story was too little parental discipline so not entirely like yours.
I think this is learned behaviour rather than "hard wired" but as we now think in terms of brain plasticity rather than structure, that can't be surprising, surely? I remember being surprised by Keenan's statement in her book about her bottom being her sexual centre as I related to that myself, I just hadn't thought of it in those terms before. So what I think now is that it's quite possible that we may be given some kinds of stimuli quite early in life, like a bottom rub perhaps, and this remains with us. I think that just goes into the mix with all the other influences; for instance in my case, I made my sexuality with guilt from lack of punishment as one input, which is why I tried self-spanking when I was 14 or so. I think it is very interesting and satisfying to think about how this happens and each of us has a different story, a different path. Thanks for sharing your story and in such a distinctive style and I look forward to seeing future instalments.

Thank you for your kind words and I'm glad you like my work!!

I don't know where the whole spanking thing comes from either...as I get older it just seems more and more complicated... it's seems there's parts that probably are hardwired but then other parts that come from experiences...for some people it's childhood experiences and others from things later in life... the more I talk to other spankos the more I realize how different it is for everyone...and how much the same it is...

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...