On 8/8/2020 at 11:26 PM, rude_rumps said:

Thank you sooo much for your very kind words...it means alot to me!! I'm definitely still working on it...I just finished another page and I'm starting on the next :)

I do put alot of detail into the panels...Working in 3d is different from regular illustrations for me...it's more like creating a world...or at least a movie...so I spend alot of time on getting the sets and characters just right...and then I can make the panels tell the story I want...

It's so interesting what you say about our experiences growing up being eerily similar...I've talked to alot of spankos and we all have these things in common... One of the reasons I got started on my graphic novel is it felt like there was almost nothing out there telling our story...as spankos... Over the last year I started reading alot of coming of age graphic novels from women...and there are a fair number from authors who are gay...as I was reading them I thought wow it would've been impossible to talk about that 30 years ago...probably even more recently...and it's wonderful now they can!! But for spankos I feel like we're still at that time in history where it's not safe to talk about...we have to be silent... There's been a few really brave people like Jillian Keenan...but there's so little out there telling our stories... Well it's been burning in me so long and as an artist I felt like I had to get something out... so that's what got me started on it...

As far as how much time it takes...I try to get through about a page a week...and usually work on it every night for 3-4 hours...so it's probably about 20 hours a page...there's the 3d part I do in Daz then I do alot in Photoshop coloring and sometimes hand painting...then I do all the lettering in Illustrator... You're right though I don't plan to try to publish it...there are just too many issues...I know the childhood aspects are very controversial and alot of people would misunderstand it...but for me it's a big part of how my spanking feelings developed...so I can't leave it out or gloss over it...I try to show the emotions of it and how it left me feeling...both the good and the bad...

I do kind of think I was born this way...but gosh I really don't know either!! There are some aspects with it I'm SURE I learned...specific things that excite me and resonate with me that I know came out of experiences I had in childhood or older... It's all so complicated... I know some people say they don't wonder why about it and just accept it...but for me I do always wonder and try to fit it together in my head...I guess that's just how I am...maybe it's an artistic thing...I don't know...?

That's interesting what you say about magic too!! I've had these experiences and feelings I just couldn't explain...especially at certain times in my life...and I've always felt like there was something MORE out there...in some ways I guess I'm a seeker... I feel like these experiences are another thing that's made me feel different...on top of being a spanko...and it somehow fits together...

50 * 20 = 1000 hours, wow, I hesitated to make such a high estimate, because I don't know the state of technology where photo-editing is concerned. My recollection is that it's all rather cumbersome and requires infinite fiddling and I reckon not much has changed in that regard. Words are no different, a writer can approach a story a thousand times and want to make changes every time, even to punctuation. However it is a work of love and being creative is more fun than say, watching a show or just playing video games. Part of the fun is sharing with others and gaining a charge from their energy, and validation of your own beliefs and experiences. That is a reward into itself although it won't pay the light bill.

Yes, on pg.  1, I noticed things such as, your suggestive posture in each frame, your expression, the tools of the trade and then in the past, the board games of the 1980s (Clue). Your work has a ton of nostalgia value for people of a certain age. Referring to a non-story pic, "Parade" continued to be distributed even into the 1990s as I recall. Yes, after I found some of the golden eggs laid by the Golden Goose, I went and gathered them all up. I didn't mean to dismiss other artists, I felt bad about that, I have some other favorites too, and they also have value, what I meant instead was just to praise you. I got caught up in the moment, I think.

Before the Internet, much was mysterious and seemed unusual, but as you say, there are common shared experiences, feelings and beliefs that are found in many people from all over. I remember stealing Mom's mirror from the bathroom and using it for the same purpose as Rude; I also recall many a time asking probing questions of my mates and trying to get them interested in play or even in sharing stories with me. Also recall dog-earring certain pages from certain comic books and marking those books with a certain numerical code to identify the scene of interest. I remember a lot of negative feelings too.

It is possible to get bogged down in messages and forums, the Internet is a great time-waster in general. You don't have to reply here, I don't want to take up your time that would be better-spent on those wondrous dazzling eggs. Conserve your energy for the work at hand and keep on keeping on. Don't waste time, use it wisely.

5 hours ago, rude_rumps said:

Ok...I finished another 3 pages of chapter 3... I had alot of fun with the characters...especially the dorkiness :D

https://spankingart.org/wiki/Rude_Rumps

Grabbed it right away of course. Have not read yet; I'm saving it for this weekend. Thanks again!

And now...page 54 :)

The theme of this page is...embarrassment...well sort of... see if you can find the Easter EGG :D

• Like 2

Caught up with p.54. This will be a genre cult classic. Hope you have the leisure to bring it all the way up to adult life and present time. Then update as you go along. I have learned many things from it that I did not know before, for instance "bratting". It is like a college course for spankos and maybe be an eye-opener for vanilla people. This is the first spanking comic I've ever read where I wonder if it has crossover potential, like maybe there would be interest from people not even into spanking, they might be curious at least. If you consider votes, my vote is to continue with this series. I think this series is O.K.

20 hours ago, rude_rumps said:

2 new pages...including memories about reading parenting books and looking for spanking references :D

Awesome! Thanks for the head's up. I'm glad you're still going! Every page is a gift. I just wish this sort of thing had been around back in, oh, 1980 or so...

And another 2 pages :D

No spanking in these...but about accepting people and kind of meditating on the end of childhood

https://spankingart.org/wiki/Rude_Rumps#Chapter_III

• Like 1

I love the wistful feel of it, even in the body language of the ponies, and the autumnal color scheme, culminating in the ever-so-Bradbury-esque final panel - great work with the reflections in the water and everything!

• Like 2

A little late to the party but just came to say that thanks.

I really enjoyed and connected with the glimpse into the past of a person that grew up with in a time not that long ago when people with this interest felt as though they were alone.

• Like 1