I haven't been very active on here for a long time...almost a year!! One of the big reasons is I've been working really hard on a new project...an autobiographical graphic novel about being a spanko! I've done 48 pages so far...up to age 11.... I'm planning to go all the way up to now...but it takes a loooooong time to illustrate (and I have a paying full time job too)...so I may be 90 by the time I finish :) I'm taking a bit of a break from it for a little while to recharge...before getting into the next part...including 6th grade and all that awkwardness :(

Anyway I think some people on here will be interested in reading it...especially people with lifelong spanko interests.... I posted the first chapter on the spanking art wiki http://spankingart.org/wiki/Rude_Rumps

A warning though...I was spanked as a child and there's quite a bit about that in my graphic novel because it influenced me as a spanko alot... Also it's not only about spanking and there's some other serious stuff like about depression and sexual abuse (not me but my friend)... So if stuff like that might trigger you (though it's not gory or anything) you might not want to read it...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Love your graphic novel! 

Are you planning to post the rest? Or publish it in hard copy?

On 7/4/2020 at 6:01 PM, Bramblewine said:

Love your graphic novel! 

Are you planning to post the rest? Or publish it in hard copy?

Thank you for your kind words and I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Yes I'll definitely post the rest...the only reason I haven't yet is it's slow to post stuff on there... There's probably a faster way but I haven't figured it out... I have to post the pages one by one and it takes a few minutes for each page... But I'll get all the pages on there soon!

• Like 2

WOW! Absolutely incredible work! So evocative and carefully observed. I knew you were a pro-level artist, but you are also a very talented writer. This is seriously one of the best things I have seen or read on the subject.

• Like 1

Hi...I just posted the second chapter...I hope you enjoy it :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/6/2020 at 7:11 PM, Misterfirmhand said:

WOW! Absolutely incredible work! So evocative and carefully observed. I knew you were a pro-level artist, but you are also a very talented writer. This is seriously one of the best things I have seen or read on the subject.

Thank you soooo much for your kind words!! I really wasn't sure if people would be interested...it's so personal and not really told conventionally... As far as my writing...well it just doesn't come easily for me...it takes me FOREVER even for short stuff...I really struggle to find the right words and get them out... Art is so different...I see it in my head and it just pours out without all the struggle...sigh...maybe someday writing will get easier for me! ^_^

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, rude_rumps said:

I really wasn't sure if people would be interested...it's so personal and not really told conventionally... 

So's Persepolis. So's Maus. Seriously, yours could be right up there with them. And would probably get banned as much, too! :D

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, rude_rumps said:

As far as my writing...well it just doesn't come easily for me...it takes me FOREVER even for short stuff...I really struggle to find the right words and get them out... Art is so different...I see it in my head and it just pours out without all the struggle...sigh...maybe someday writing will get easier for me! ^_^

Does talking it through work for you? Have you ever tried that? Voice recording what you want to say as it comes to you?

I can write well, but when a story comes to me, it comes so fast that I can't write fast enough to capture it, and to make matters worse, I get hung up on the words. I've found that I can dictate much more easily than I can write. And then go back later and get the real writing done.

• Like 1

it's way better than i imagined it absoultely fabulous

Really outstanding. Awaiting the finished product with great anticipation. (Yes, I understand it may be a while).

• Like 1

My hat is off to you, rude one, for having the talent and vision to create such a work, and even moreso for having the courage to put it out there.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bramblewine said:

So's Persepolis. So's Maus. Seriously, yours could be right up there with them. And would probably get banned as much, too! :D

Thank you for your very kind words :D I'm sure my stuff isn't anywhere close to those masterpieces...but I do try to express my perspective and world which at least is unique... And you're right spanko stuff like this is very controversial...but I feel like we've kind had to stay silent and I wanted to show my experience at least...

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Bramblewine said:

Does talking it through work for you? Have you ever tried that? Voice recording what you want to say as it comes to you?

I can write well, but when a story comes to me, it comes so fast that I can't write fast enough to capture it, and to make matters worse, I get hung up on the words. I've found that I can dictate much more easily than I can write. And then go back later and get the real writing done.

That's an interesting idea about talking into a recorder!! I don't know how it'd work for me...sometimes when I go for long walks or something like that the phrases I want just pop into my head...very eloquent stuff that seems perfect...but then when I get home and try to write it down or even say it...I can't get it out... Words have always been kind of a struggle for me...I tend to see everything in pictures first and then struggle to figure out how to say it...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rude_rumps said:

Thank you for your very kind words :D I'm sure my stuff isn't anywhere close to those masterpieces...

I thought of Persepolis immediately when I was reading your novel. Both of them are growing up stories dealing with sensitive subjects. Your fairy friend scenes reminded me of the childhood conversations with God in Persepolis. There are LOTS of parallels. Yes, it is on par with those masterpieces!

• Like 1

I honestly can't thank you enough for this, Rude. This is so beautiful and honest and and intelligent and vulnerable and moving. So many times in this tale when you were getting your heart (and not your bottom 😉) hurt, I just wanted to hug you, give you a *very* good girl spanking, then hug you lots again. You are awesome, and if doing justice to your tale of growing up spanko takes us until 2060, so be it - it'll still be worth the wait. 🤗🥰

Really amazing!  Both the art and how you poured your own memories into it.  Definitely reminded me of some of my own feelings and experiences growing up.  Thank you very much for sharing. 

• Like 1

Thank you everybody for your VERY kind words!! It means alot to me!! I'm glad my stuff has resonated with you in some way :)

I just started working on the next chapter...I'll probably post a few pages at a time as I get them done instead of waiting for the whole thing...I'm curious what you'll think of the next part!!

• Like 3

On 7/12/2020 at 4:00 PM, Bramblewine said:

I thought of Persepolis immediately when I was reading your novel. Both of them are growing up stories dealing with sensitive subjects. Your fairy friend scenes reminded me of the childhood conversations with God in Persepolis. There are LOTS of parallels. Yes, it is on par with those masterpieces!

I confess I didn't read most of Persepolis... I remember when it came out and I wanted to read it...and looked at it...but I was going through a rough time and didn't get around to actually reading it... Anyway when I saw your post I ordered it and now I'm going to read it!!

• Like 2

Your artwork is incredible and a lot of your story is very familiar to me and I'm sure others as well.

That was incredible, and so much of it resonates in a beautifully nostalgic sense. I too enjoyed getting stories from friends. And I can still remember every detail of every word I was told about their spankings from their parents. The dictionary part too! How weird is it that so many of us began with just looking up the definition of the word.... and thereafter a fascination we didn’t quite understand developed. 

Hey rude rumps

Just took a look at your graphic novel

Wow a great rendition of spankings from a child's point of view.

The art is amazingly detailed.

I'm not familiar with the 'handprints' website but I'll check it out 

Thanks for the link

Johnny ☺

On 8/3/2020 at 1:56 AM, rude_rumps said:

I just finished the first 2 pages for chapter 3 :)

http://spankingart.org/wiki/Rude_Rumps

Just found this. It seems at first blush best in class. Your pics on the same page as pics from other sources--you might as well be from another planet.

Haven't read it all yet, haven't had time. Looking forward to taking a long leisurely stroll through your memory lane.

My experience is the opposite, I feel at home in words and never went in for drawing.

I reckon you couldn't sell this or wouldn't want to go to the considerable bother. There would be more problems than usual. So, keep sharing, I am sure the peoples of Spankoland will keep praising. 😎

Just finished the 50 pages available. Assume it is to be continued, because I didn't get a sense of finality on pg. 50.

Wow. From pg. 1 I noticed detail in every choice made in every frame. Probably some detail, meaning I won't pick up until the twentieth, thirtieth time reading it.

Sent me back to when I was that age, and I'm about the same age and had an eerily similar experience growing up, insofar as spanking is concerned. Everything you did, I did, the games with friends, self-spanking, inviting spanking, looking in the mirror. Some memories just stay with us like they are super-glued to the brain. Going through life where most if not all one's partners are not into the kink and the few that might be you break up for some other reason, just because of fate.

Quite generous offering this up to the community for free, even with your mad skills I am sure it took many hours, I have no idea just how much but I was about to say hundreds of hours. Most artists just dash something off and upload it the same night looks like, while you're chiseling away on your David.

The question I'm left with is why are we here, you pose the same question and answer it with "hard-wired," but I think some are sexually precocious and latch on (learn) about sex earlier than others and spanking certainly pays attention to the right zones, so just as you learn faster in other areas you adapt quickly to that as well. Maybe this is heresy but I think the kink is learned behavior. But maybe it is best just to leave it a mystery because how can we know?

Also about the make-believe friends, there may be something more to that e.g. spirits, and perhaps a spirit could influence a developing mind. It is interesting the references to magic throughout your novel, I find that refreshing and healthy. One method of obtaining the astral plane where spirits dwell is through physical stimulus. Just a "wild" thought to leave you with.

Do keep posting...but even if you quit now it is still quite a lot to digest! You are going to make the other artists burn up with the jealousy monster and give them feelings of inadequacy for years to come.

4 hours ago, St.George said:

Just finished the 50 pages available. Assume it is to be continued, because I didn't get a sense of finality on pg. 50.

Wow. From pg. 1 I noticed detail in every choice made in every frame. Probably some detail, meaning I won't pick up until the twentieth, thirtieth time reading it.

Sent me back to when I was that age, and I'm about the same age and had an eerily similar experience growing up, insofar as spanking is concerned. Everything you did, I did, the games with friends, self-spanking, inviting spanking, looking in the mirror. Some memories just stay with us like they are super-glued to the brain. Going through life where most if not all one's partners are not into the kink and the few that might be you break up for some other reason, just because of fate.

Quite generous offering this up to the community for free, even with your mad skills I am sure it took many hours, I have no idea just how much but I was about to say hundreds of hours. Most artists just dash something off and upload it the same night looks like, while you're chiseling away on your David.

The question I'm left with is why are we here, you pose the same question and answer it with "hard-wired," but I think some are sexually precocious and latch on (learn) about sex earlier than others and spanking certainly pays attention to the right zones, so just as you learn faster in other areas you adapt quickly to that as well. Maybe this is heresy but I think the kink is learned behavior. But maybe it is best just to leave it a mystery because how can we know?

Also about the make-believe friends, there may be something more to that e.g. spirits, and perhaps a spirit could influence a developing mind. It is interesting the references to magic throughout your novel, I find that refreshing and healthy. One method of obtaining the astral plane where spirits dwell is through physical stimulus. Just a "wild" thought to leave you with.

Do keep posting...but even if you quit now it is still quite a lot to digest! You are going to make the other artists burn up with the jealousy monster and give them feelings of inadequacy for years to come.

Thank you sooo much for your very kind words...it means alot to me!! I'm definitely still working on it...I just finished another page and I'm starting on the next :)

I do put alot of detail into the panels...Working in 3d is different from regular illustrations for me...it's more like creating a world...or at least a movie...so I spend alot of time on getting the sets and characters just right...and then I can make the panels tell the story I want...

It's so interesting what you say about our experiences growing up being eerily similar...I've talked to alot of spankos and we all have these things in common... One of the reasons I got started on my graphic novel is it felt like there was almost nothing out there telling our story...as spankos... Over the last year I started reading alot of coming of age graphic novels from women...and there are a fair number from authors who are gay...as I was reading them I thought wow it would've been impossible to talk about that 30 years ago...probably even more recently...and it's wonderful now they can!! But for spankos I feel like we're still at that time in history where it's not safe to talk about...we have to be silent... There's been a few really brave people like Jillian Keenan...but there's so little out there telling our stories... Well it's been burning in me so long and as an artist I felt like I had to get something out... so that's what got me started on it...

As far as how much time it takes...I try to get through about a page a week...and usually work on it every night for 3-4 hours...so it's probably about 20 hours a page...there's the 3d part I do in Daz then I do alot in Photoshop coloring and sometimes hand painting...then I do all the lettering in Illustrator... You're right though I don't plan to try to publish it...there are just too many issues...I know the childhood aspects are very controversial and alot of people would misunderstand it...but for me it's a big part of how my spanking feelings developed...so I can't leave it out or gloss over it...I try to show the emotions of it and how it left me feeling...both the good and the bad...

I do kind of think I was born this way...but gosh I really don't know either!! There are some aspects with it I'm SURE I learned...specific things that excite me and resonate with me that I know came out of experiences I had in childhood or older... It's all so complicated... I know some people say they don't wonder why about it and just accept it...but for me I do always wonder and try to fit it together in my head...I guess that's just how I am...maybe it's an artistic thing...I don't know...?

That's interesting what you say about magic too!! I've had these experiences and feelings I just couldn't explain...especially at certain times in my life...and I've always felt like there was something MORE out there...in some ways I guess I'm a seeker... I feel like these experiences are another thing that's made me feel different...on top of being a spanko...and it somehow fits together...

• Like 3