Spanking Needs Forums

Affinity for certain implements

I my self have always been drawn to traditional spanking implements.  And although I grew up getting the belt ,it is not among those I hold dear.  It seemed to me in the popular media of my youth hairbrushes and paddles seemed to be the preferred spanking tool.  many a comic I can recall of a maternal figure wielding a hairbrush on her naughty kids.  And I can recall a certain Sandra Dee movie where she threaten some boys she was babysitting with that very prospect. I was totally in love with her character Tammy after that, and have gotten that film from my local library just to watch her in that scene.  Then I was always quite fascinated with those paddles you use to see at tourist traps.  And here in Colorado in sight seeing trip for relatives always included a stop at one. And I would scan those shops for that paddle display.  The iconic "Cute little deer with a bare behind"  is still a favorite. And growing up I can recall being over t friends house where a paddle might be hanging on a kitchen wall as a deterrent to bad behavior. 

Yeah, paddles are the favorite choice for a lot of guys. I've tried out several implements-- wooden paddles, silicone paddles, belt, tawse, a couple different types of leather straps, etc. Even after having my custom strap made, my favorite implement to spank with is still a paddle. When I'm on the receiving end, the iconic choice is a man's hand.

Which Sandra Dee movie is that? I'd like to watch the scene you're referring to. :)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Chawsee said:

Yeah, paddles are the favorite choice for a lot of guys. I've tried out several implements-- wooden paddles, silicone paddles, belt, tawse, a couple different types of leather straps, etc. Even after having my custom strap made, my favorite implement to spank with is still a paddle. When I'm on the receiving end, the iconic choice is a man's hand.

Which Sandra Dee movie is that? I'd like to watch the scene you're referring to. :)

Tammy tell me True

• Like 1

I also favor the wooden paddle, it is a definite favorite. Among the more domestic items used as implements, I am definitely drawn to the hairbrush as well. It is definitely a classic that always draws my attention. I definitely have a stronger draw towards those solid wood implements like paddles, brushes, the occasional wooden spoon. I also don't have a strong interest in the belt, though actual straps made for spanking are starting to be more prominent in my preferences. It's definitely interesting how we are just naturally drawn to certain implements.

I usually prefer using a smaller paddle for otk, following a warm up with my hand as I bare her bottom.  For discipline my favorite is the tawse.  Mine is 18" by 1 1/2" by about 3/8".  It's a two tail with the tails 12' long and the ends cut at a 45 degree angle.  It is double leather, folded over a D ring for hanging it and metal rivets fastening the two thicknesses together.  The effect it has is multiple.  The two thicknesses give that "slap" sound like a folded belt, and the leather warms as her bottom heats up.  The two tails can often pinch her bottom and the angle-cut tips dig into her bottom leaving tiny pin prick bruises with the feeling of having needles stuck into her bottom.  I find the tawse to be a very effective tool for punishment.

I don't 'enjoy' being corrected; I simply recognises that I need it. So I wouldn't admit that I have an affinity.

But at a teenager I was corrected both at home and school with a traditional rattan cane. Therefore in my mind, the cane 'represents' corporal punishment, so to me, it just feels 'right'.

That it can only be sensibly and safely administered in a manner and position that are redolent of those teen years only reinforces the familiarity of the implement.

So I'd say the rattan cane is reassuringly familiar rather than claiming an affinity with its fierce sting.

• Like 1

The strap. I have had an longtime fascination with being strapped on the bare behind which began when I was in grade school and became aware of the strap which was used by some teaches and the principal for serious discipline issues. At school the strap was applied to the palm of the hands but my imagination went into overdrive and my fascination blossomed. Nothing fancy - a standard one piece strap such as was used in the school system, size adjusted, of course, to accommodate the fact that I am an adult and my butt is bigger than it was back then.