All of a sudden last night, chat started doing something very strange.  Someone would be typing a response (I would see the little wavering dots), but nothing came through.  I found I had to refresh the site with each message, or I wouldn't see them.  I mean every single type.  Type, wait, refresh … type, wait, refresh...

Tried re-booting.  Didn't help.

Still happening today.  It seems to be happening at spankred.com as well.  Is it just me?

I have being seeing the same thing in the last couple weeks. even odder, is in general chat I will get some messages, but then when I refresh I see other messages that were sent in-between those that I got. Thought it was just me

Not finding this to be a lag issue.

It appears to be a browser issue.  I've been using Edge.  I'm now using Chrome and it seems to be fine.  Still, I'd like to be able to use it with any browser (there was a period where I couldn't use this site with one particular browser, be it Chrome or Edge.  I don't recall which one.  Then it went back to normal).  I'm trying clearing cache and temp files and we'll see what happens.  If anyone has any other insights I'd appreciate hearing.

Odd! We will look into that. Is anyone else noticing the lag/ what browser? 

Cleaned my cache and temp files and I think it's working now...

What happens a lot each chat is that after a while you type a message, send and it won't appear on the screen, so the chat freezes. The only remedy is reloading the chat and then it works again. I use Firefox as my browser, however that has nothing to do with this type of glitch, because other chats on other websites using the same technology work flawless.