too cheeky

on birching

I have always been fascinated by British birching. The one filmed in Lady Jane fueled my interest.

Has anyone on these boards ever experienced a birching? What was it like? Etc. etc, all the details please. Has anyone ever witnessed a real birching? Has any one ever given one?

• Like 1

I can't speak as a birchee, but I was a bircher once (no, not the political kind, though I am a tad right wing, lol). I mean I got to use a birch on a willing behind in a "play" session. She wanted to see what it was like, too.

I got a bundle of twigs from the backyard and taped them together. As tiny as the twigs were, they did leave nasty welts on her bottom. I had to stop long before she came anywhere close to safewording. Keep in mind that the dynamic is much different in a play session than in a discipline session. How would it be in a discipline or therapy session? I'll have to leave that up to others to describe. But I will say use caution, as overuse can definitely cause damage.

Larry

• Like 1

I have a little experience of being birched. The birch consists of about twelve birch switches, 20 to 24 inches long, bound together at one end so that the business end splays out to about 4 inches. It is essential that it is applied to a completely bare bottom and each stroke covers most of the target area. The first four strokes hardly hurt at all, but the effect is cumulative and each successive stroke hurts more and more until, by the tenth stroke, it is sheer agony and every square inch of both cheeks has been soundly whipped. It can be a very severe punishment but I think a hard caning is worse.

I can't speak as a birchee, but I was a bircher once (no, not the political kind, though I am a tad right wing, lol). I mean I got to use a birch on a willing behind in a "play" session. She wanted to see what it was like, too.

I got a bundle of twigs from the backyard and taped them together. As tiny as the twigs were, they did leave nasty welts on her bottom. I had to stop long before she came anywhere close to safewording. Keep in mind that the dynamic is much different in a play session than in a discipline session. How would it be in a discipline or therapy session? I'll have to leave that up to others to describe. But I will say use caution, as overuse can definitely cause damage.

Larry

• Like 1

Guest lr.plcnm

I've never even been spanked with a switch. I think I would like to experience a switch and a birching. Both sound pretty effective....

LR

I've never even been spanked with a switch. I think I would like to experience a switch and a birching. Both sound pretty effective....

LR

Next time you're in Michigan. I promise. :)

LR

If you want to be spanked with a switch, cut yourself a length (about 28 inches long and 0.25 inches thick) of Hazel or Dogwood and have it applied to your bare bottom. It doesn't penetrate as deeply as a cane but it really, really, really stings!

Best of luck. I hope you enjoy the experience

Guest lr.plcnm

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind (and not repeat it with my mouth, LOL) next time I am being disciplined for something, lol. OMG, lol, I am now having second thoughts about this. Ha ha. Just thinking about it makes me want to toe the line. :D

LR

If you want to be spanked with a switch, cut yourself a length (about 28 inches long and 0.25 inches thick) of Hazel or Dogwood and have it applied to your bare bottom. It doesn't penetrate as deeply as a cane but it really, really, really stings!

Best of luck. I hope you enjoy the experience

Guest lr.plcnm

oooooooommmmmmmmmmmmggggggggggggggg... What was I thinking

Next time you're in Michigan. I promise. :)

LR

Well, if you are ever in Charlotte, NC, I can help you out with that!

I have given a few birchings and a lot more switchings! Down here in the south, you can always find a bush or tree that has a few available switches to use... and the price is very good... free! You just have to watch out for the poison ivy, poison oak, snakes, spiders, etc... LOL One of the advantages of growing up around here, you know what to watch out for!

Basically, birching is like switching with just lots of switches. (not completely, switches are more long, straight, birches are more like thin twigs) And birching tends to leave lots of twigs and stuff to clean up... much better to go for a walk in the woods and find a private spot to do this... lol

Since it is like lots of little switches, it takes much less strokes to get your point across!

I prefer to just use a switch. One other thing, a switch is much quieter that a paddle or strap in a motel room.

William Tanner

Guest lr.plcnm
Well, if you are ever in Charlotte, NC, I can help you out with that!

I have given a few birchings and a lot more switchings! Down here in the south, you can always find a bush or tree that has a few available switches to use... and the price is very good... free! You just have to watch out for the poison ivy, poison oak, snakes, spiders, etc... LOL One of the advantages of growing up around here, you know what to watch out for!

Basically, birching is like switching with just lots of switches. (not completely, switches are more long, straight, birches are more like thin twigs) And birching tends to leave lots of twigs and stuff to clean up... much better to go for a walk in the woods and find a private spot to do this... lol

Since it is like lots of little switches, it takes much less strokes to get your point across!

I prefer to just use a switch. One other thing, a switch is much quieter that a paddle or strap in a motel room.

William Tanner

Wow, people seem to be coming out of the wood work to volunteer to switch and birch my backside. Now I am chicken. Besides, I've been good and perfect - so I don't need it anymore. :rolleyes:

When and if I ever am NOT perfect, I'll consider that. But don't hold your breath. I have a halo stuck above my head.

LR

Wow, people seem to be coming out of the wood work to volunteer to switch and birch my backside. Now I am chicken. Besides, I've been good and perfect - so I don't need it anymore. :rolleyes:

When and if I ever am NOT perfect, I'll consider that. But don't hold your breath. I have a halo stuck above my head.

LR

WT, if and when (and I hope it will be "when") you have the, um, honor of disciplining LR, be sure to add a few swats for fibbing. :P

WT, if and when (and I hope it will be "when") you have the, um, honor of disciplining LR, be sure to add a few swats for fibbing. :P

I have noticed that when you have a naughty girl in "certain" positions, the fibbing seems to stop...

Oh, btw, I do have a few canes for those that don't learn as fast as others! And I have some kooboo rattan on order, that should be here very soon, which I am going to use to start making canes... I AM going to need a testee... LR

WT

Guest lr.plcnm

Truer fibs have not been told. And old age causes forgetfulness. So what do I have to worry??

LR

LR

You may have a halo, but beware! It's not your head that needs protection against a birch rod!

Guest lr.plcnm
You may have a halo, but beware! It's not your head that needs protection against a birch rod!

Hmmm, in that case, I will have to move my halo from my head to my backside! :lol:

LR

Well, regular birching or switching is not that bad. :P

But try to soak the rods for a couple of hours (especially if water is hot and salt) and you will see a tremendous difference. Salt soaked birch stings as a devil.

• Like 1

Well, regular birching or switching is not that bad. :P

But try to soak the rods for a couple of hours (especially if water is hot and salt) and you will see a tremendous difference. Salt soaked birch stings as a devil.

Taking notes for future reference. :)

Taking notes for future reference. :)

As a matter of fact, there are some more particularities regarding the rods themselves and the way of manipulation. I swear you, birching might be much more painful than you imagine. :D

• Like 1

As a matter of fact, there are some more particularities regarding the rods themselves

and the way of manipulation. I swear you, birching might be much more painful than you imagine. :D

You are right about being the most painful. Three weeks ago my spanker summons me to come in for a spanking session.

He told me to pick five switches not less than three feet long on the same day of my session. He had me lay face down and

he taped three of them together. He used all of those switches on me for over an hour. I still have marks and some scares

across my ass now. It was the most painful session I ever had with him. Now he had my permission as I had ask him

sometime ago about giving me a good switching. :P

• Like 1

I have a very nice fruitless mulberry tree right on the way to my woodshed and I have had naughty ladies stop and cut and clean (scrap off the leaf nodules) and carry the switches down to the woodshed to wait for my arrival. Yes if you have time soaking them in a little water with Epsom salt adds to it but if you don't have time and you want a more intense effect a wet bare bottom does enhance the effect of the switch or Burch.. But you know it is not really needed unless you have a very high pain threshold repeat offender...Just my 2 cents..Gary

This thread is from a while ago, but I feel like the question is addressed to me.  Years ago, I was doing Victorian re-creations with in formal costume, and my guy and I got really serious about it.  We planned a long weekend in Cape May NJ at a lovely Victorian B&B, and enjoyed so many events of Dickens Week we had scheduled to catch.  One evening, I dressed in my prettiest Victorian evening gown, over an elegant Victorian corset and other fripperies, and we went downstairs to dinner.  Before we headed down, I stealthily placed my bit of handiwork from the past week on the mantle piece.  you had fussed to light a fire, and it would be blazing nicely when we returned from dinner. 

My bit of handicraft?  I had found directions online for making an authentic Victorian birch rod.  A dozen fresh birch twigs about two feet long, the buds stripped off , bound at the thick end with a red satin ribbon.  Quite elegant.  This was all about my curiosity whilst reading Victorian fiction, where the women always seem to end up with a bared bottom getting thrashed with a birch rod.  What would that be like?  Might I enjoy the literature more if I knew, really knew?  I was determined to find out.

We came up from a lovely dinner having started a fun conversation about  keeping a Victorian wife on the straight and narrow.  We both enjoyed spanking as foreplay, and this was all quite an elaborate roleplay.  He saw the birch rod, recognized what it was, and stepped up immediately.  "Nothing else had worked, so it was time for me to discover the birch rod."  

This all worked according to plan, I was soon bent over the sofa back with my skirt up and my bottom bared, well thrust out as he perfected my positioning over the sofa back.  Then he swung the new rod.  And swung it again before he realized my gasp and scream was real.  The stories in the fiction I enjoy say the birch builds through a correction of thirty or so strokes, along the way usually to the rod falling apart.  I've had my share of energetic strappings, even non-extreme canings, and I can tell you just the first two strokes of that birch rod were just fiery.  After all that preparation, it just about ruined the evening, I could not go on.  We eventually did proceed with our evening, but without the birch rod as a prop.

We kept the birch rod as a rueful souvenir of the weekend.  When we parted ways a year or so later, he kept that souvenir.  I've wondered if it ever encountered any other Victorian-wannabe bottom cheeks.  I know I always read Victorian literature thereafter with renewed respect for the endurance of my Victorian sisters.

• Like 3

On 7/8/2017 at 4:53 PM, Victorianshelly2 said:

This thread is from a while ago, but I feel like the question is addressed to me.  Years ago, I was doing Victorian re-creations with in formal costume, and my guy and I got really serious about it.  We planned a long weekend in Cape May NJ at a lovely Victorian B&B, and enjoyed so many events of Dickens Week we had scheduled to catch.  One evening, I dressed in my prettiest Victorian evening gown, over an elegant Victorian corset and other fripperies, and we went downstairs to dinner.  Before we headed down, I stealthily placed my bit of handiwork from the past week on the mantle piece.  you had fussed to light a fire, and it would be blazing nicely when we returned from dinner. 

My bit of handicraft?  I had found directions online for making an authentic Victorian birch rod.  A dozen fresh birch twigs about two feet long, the buds stripped off , bound at the thick end with a red satin ribbon.  Quite elegant.  This was all about my curiosity whilst reading Victorian fiction, where the women always seem to end up with a bared bottom getting thrashed with a birch rod.  What would that be like?  Might I enjoy the literature more if I knew, really knew?  I was determined to find out.

We came up from a lovely dinner having started a fun conversation about  keeping a Victorian wife on the straight and narrow.  We both enjoyed spanking as foreplay, and this was all quite an elaborate roleplay.  He saw the birch rod, recognized what it was, and stepped up immediately.  "Nothing else had worked, so it was time for me to discover the birch rod."  

This all worked according to plan, I was soon bent over the sofa back with my skirt up and my bottom bared, well thrust out as he perfected my positioning over the sofa back.  Then he swung the new rod.  And swung it again before he realized my gasp and scream was real.  The stories in the fiction I enjoy say the birch builds through a correction of thirty or so strokes, along the way usually to the rod falling apart.  I've had my share of energetic strappings, even non-extreme canings, and I can tell you just the first two strokes of that birch rod were just fiery.  After all that preparation, it just about ruined the evening, I could not go on.  We eventually did proceed with our evening, but without the birch rod as a prop.

We kept the birch rod as a rueful souvenir of the weekend.  When we parted ways a year or so later, he kept that souvenir.  I've wondered if it ever encountered any other Victorian-wannabe bottom cheeks.  I know I always read Victorian literature thereafter with renewed respect for the endurance of my Victorian sisters.

The birch, like the cane, requires a LOT of practice to be able to take well (and eroticize)  You have to be okay with welts and marks that last for weeks (I like marks and being marked)   For the level of excitement I feel the pain of learning is well worth it.  A good spanker will bring you to the edge and a little beyond your comfort zone without ever putting you in real agony or distress.  That is my bottom in my profile photo after a moderate caning.  I wish I had some post-birching photos to share.  Enjoy what you can enjoy... you might want to try the birch again with a partner who will bring you along gradually.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Switchspanker_CT said:

There are so many references to birching in Victorian literature, my curiosity was peaked.  I wanted to know what my Victorian sisters had endured, in their day, and it seemed so easy to explore their tribulation caused by the birch rod or birch spray.  Yes, it turned out to be rather easy to explore the experience, but not so easy to endure much of it.  As you say, a lot of practice might be necessary to learn to like (well, endure with grace) a sound birching, but after that misfired experiment, I'm not so sure I am still that curious.  I appreciate your note.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2009 at 11:57 AM, GaryJ said:

I have a very nice fruitless mulberry tree right on the way to my woodshed and I have had naughty ladies stop and cut and clean (scrap off the leaf nodules) and carry the switches down to the woodshed to wait for my arrival. Yes if you have time soaking them in a little water with Epsom salt adds to it but if you don't have time and you want a more intense effect a wet bare bottom does enhance the effect of the switch or Burch.. But you know it is not really needed unless you have a very high pain threshold repeat offender...Just my 2 cents..Gary

Soaking the switches adds a lot more effect (pain) than wetting the bottom because it makes the switches heavier and denser (being that all the air spaces fill with water and the rods swell a little--become a little thicker from being soaked--it makes them more flexible and tougher to break, too)

Wetting the bottom adds more bite when using a paddle but not so much with a switch or birch unless the water is very salty. 
Here's a tip: If wetting a bottom for a more painful paddling use baby oil instead of water...the oil does not evaporate