geeky_child

Do you stop breathing during really painful spankings?

If so, how do you fix that?  It's something that I don't even realize I'm doing.  It's just that as soon as a severe spanking ends, I collapse and gasp like a dying fish.  There's also the fact that I don't seem able to communicate during a severe punishment.  It's possible that I'm one of those people who go nonverbal with intense pain, or it could be that I just am not breathing.  I've only used a safeword once in my life and I had no trouble then, but I have concerns I might need to use one and be unable to.  I'm aware of the trick where you hold something in your hand and drop it if you get overwhelmed, and that's a good option, but you know . . . breathing.  Necessary to sustain life. 

During a severe spanking, breathing is the ONLY thing I focus on. My wife generally doesn't ask too many questions during the spanking. So all I do is concentrate on my breathing, in and out, and try my best to be in position for my wife. I think during intense sessions , some might be too focused on the pain, or just completely overwhelmed emotionally and physically. 

Also, my wife soothes me in a soft voice during an intense session. That also helps. But yes, I pretty much try to think only about the breathing during a spanking. Since I take voluntary effort into doing so, I have never been out of breath so to speak after or during a session.

• Like 1

Breathing for me depends on the venue of the spanking. If there's a chance people can hear me if I squeal, then I hold my breath when I can or maybe try to scream into a pillow or the arms of my shirt. But if there's no chance anyone can hear me, I will scream and beg like a crazy person. Like you, communicating during a severe punishment is very difficult for me. But I think you're smart to have back up plans like the safe-drop idea as long as the spanker is observant enough to notice. 

• Like 1

Sounds like something you need to discuss with whoever is spanking you so they’re aware of the issue. Telling them to slow the place and do check ins.. I experience the same thing during a harsh spanking. I think it’s more to do with panic  for me. I’m a tense person to begin with. I’ve found some time to ready myself before a spanking helps, getting myself in a calm mindset. I’ve also noticed that if I just force myself to exhale, even when I don’t feel I have the breath to do so, helps the most. 

• Like 1

As a Spanker, I watch for a number of things during a spanking.  Breathing is one of them for sure since we all find ourselves from time to time holding our breath at a scary moment in a movie, screaming down the tracks of a roller coaster or over your favorite Spankers knee.

I would ask my Spanker to monitor this as, Im sure, you will start monitoring it yourself.  Maybe you want to have a mental checklist in mind just before your spanking, maybe you already do? ...and, if so, put breathing on it.  I believe your spanking will be more enjoyable/tolerable as well...

On 5/11/2020 at 7:07 AM, geeky_child said:

but you know . . . breathing.  Necessary to sustain life. 

Lol, why yes it is! I had this problem when I started out & the clever ER solved it by asking me questions that I had to answer during  the spanking. The only way to talk is for air to pass by your vocal cords (aka breathing) . Doesn't need to be long drawn out conversation, simple yes' &/or no's would show you're breathing. Hope this helps. Good luck! 

• Like 2

On 5/11/2020 at 2:35 PM, reallymissBhaved said:

Breathing for me depends on the venue of the spanking. If there's a chance people can hear me if I squeal, then I hold my breath when I can or maybe try to scream into a pillow or the arms of my shirt. But if there's no chance anyone can hear me, I will scream and beg like a crazy person. Like you, communicating during a severe punishment is very difficult for me. But I think you're smart to have back up plans like the safe-drop idea as long as the spanker is observant enough to notice. 

Hey, just curious, what’s the “safe-drop” idea?

Speak to your spanker about it at a time when you are not close to a spanking.  I suggest your spanker add some questions in there that you have to answer, even just with a yes sir, no sir.  Talking equals breathing.   It doesn't have to be a running dialogue, just here and there if they catch you holding your breath or if you are being silent.  

• Like 1

Reading all this begs a question. Has anyone ever passed out before? When thinking about safety during a spanking, I can honestly say I have never once worried about spanking someone so much/hard that they pass out.