Chawsee

How Many Implements Do You Own?

Ah, I love this kind of discussion! Just as I've been adding to my growing collection of paddles and straps, a friend here on SN pointed out that a mother (or father)-- the archetype disciplinarian-- typically has ONE dedicated implement (a hairbrush, paddle, belt, etc). Right after he said this, I was reading a post on the Domestic Discipline Forum where an experienced DD couple stated that they "keep it simple: 1 paddle, and 1 strap."

Hmmm.... This piqued my curiosity. What say ye? I realize that everyone has a different viewpoint and reason for it. Please, share YOURS.

• How many implements do you own? If you have several, do you use them all? Do you tend to favor one or two?
  • And those of you who are satisfied with just one or two, please chime in. (You may be more inspiring than you know!) 

1 lexan paddle, 11 wood paddles of various shapes, sizes & thickness, 1 leather belt ( which reminds me I need to go belt shopping 😁 ), 1 belt strap, 1 razor strap,

1 leather tawse, 2 jr canes, 2 sr canes, 1 tear jerker. [and a partridge in a..........]  I usually get around to using every one of them at some point, just not on the same individual.

Not every one responds to the same implement the same way. If I can't seem to reasonably "get the attention that I'm looking for" with one implement, I will go to another

which will more than likely "do the trick". I don't have a particular overall "favorite" . It's the one which stimulates the best results at the quickest rate of success.

• Like 2

I have 11 implements total (as of right now): 4 paddles, 1 strap, 1 tawse, 1 bath brush, 2 canes, and 2 floggers.

This is from the perspective of a self-spanker. For me personally, some do get used more than others, but all are used pretty regularly. For me, the physicality of a spanking matters as much as the emotional and mental aspects for me, and experiencing the various sensations or pains of a variety of implements is a big part of that. 

For me, it's not just "I need a spanking", regardless of implement. It's more, "I need a heavier, thuddier spanking with my thicker paddles and a whipping with the thick leather tawse" or "I need a stingy spanking with my lighter paddles, a whipping with the braided flogger, and a dose of the cane." I don't just need/want spankings, I need/want certain implements that will impart the specific type of pain I need in that moment, which will make that particular spanking truly effective for me. Most spankings involve at least 3 implements. I do have favorites that get used more frequently, but I couldn't be satisfied with just one or two implements now, after experiencing the variety that I have. I find myself specifically needing each of them at different times, so all are necessary for me now.

• Like 2

1 wooden paddle

2 hairbrushes ( wooden and plastic )

1 Rubber spatula

1 Wooden Spoon

1 Slipper

1 Belt

1 dowel rod used as a cane

All for self-spanking.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Amethyst_Moon said:

For me, it's not just "I need a spanking", regardless of implement. It's more, "I need a heavier, thuddier spanking with my thicker paddles and a whipping with the thick leather tawse" or "I need a stingy spanking with my lighter paddles, a whipping with the braided flogger, and a dose of the cane." I don't just need/want spankings, I need/want certain implements that will impart the specific type of pain I need in that moment, which will make that particular spanking truly effective for me. Most spankings involve at least 3 implements. I do have favorites that get used more frequently, but I couldn't be satisfied with just one or two implements now, after experiencing the variety that I have. I find myself specifically needing each of them at different times, so all are necessary for me now.

I get your point about using different implements for different experience of pain and final effect. But how do you make sure that with those implements you will not get damaged badly?

For example the cane is implement that can cut skin. Do you eat something that chemically will help skin to not break? Or do you use some cream that give you that outcome?

I am only using leather belt. And i got 3 of dose.

It is my choice because i don't like the idea of using implement/s that my body is not used to experience and can cause big damage.

I would prefer to know how to make a body ready for specific implement and prepare it so i can handle it the correct way (without big damage).

Does someone know how to handle that problem?

The option of using more than one implement is for me acceptable and worth to try as part of experimentation to find out op it would work for me but not without correct preparation.

• Like 2

I have four paddles that I’ve had for 20 years or more. Two are ones I made myself while I was in high school in the mid-90s... it was before the internet was such that you could just order a paddle, so I had to get creative. :)  Both about 14-15 inches long, one 1/2 inch thick, 4 inches wide with holes and one 1/4 inch thick, about 7 inches wide without holes.  Then I have a “paddle tennis” paddle which is like a thick lexan with holes and is nice because it’s relatively quiet... found that in college on eBay when it was in its infancy.  The fourth is a small fraternity paddle i bought at my school’s Greek store when I was a student, good for otk or other situations where the others are too big to use effectively, like the back of a car.

Past that I have a medium-sized tawse, one cane, a riding crop, a small nine-tailed whip and an old belt with no buckle. 

Unfortunately none of them get used these days and haven’t for a couple of years.  They just sit in a bag under the bed except for the cane and the tawse, which are hanging in my closet with my ties.  

• Like 1

I have two toy bags full of implements - paddles, floggers, straps, whips, canes, switches, crops, slappers, etc. Because discipline is not my main spanking interest and I do longer sessions, I like to switch implements often (variety is the spice of life). Part of the enjoyment for me is seeing how someone reacts to different implements.  It also gives them the opportunity to experience different sensations and figure out which they like and which they don't. Sometimes we play games like roll the dice to determine the implement and number of strokes/swats. I have some plastic Easter eggs and I put slips of paper inside listing the implement, number of strokes or swats, and intensity (soft, medium, hard) and my partner draws eggs out of a basket. We have a lot of fun with spanking around here. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SearcherForWisdom said:

I get your point about using different implements for different experience of pain and final effect. But how do you make sure that with those implements you will not get damaged badly?

For example the cane is implement that can cut skin. Do you eat something that chemically will help skin to not break? Or do you use some cream that give you that outcome?

I am only using leather belt. And i got 3 of dose.

It is my choice because i don't like the idea of using implement/s that my body is not used to experience and can cause big damage.

I would prefer to know how to make a body ready for specific implement and prepare it so i can handle it the correct way (without big damage).

Does someone know how to handle that problem?

The option of using more than one implement is for me acceptable and worth to try as part of experimentation to find out op it would work for me but not without correct preparation.

I don't do any specific preparations, no. I've never cut skin when doing a spanking with the cane. A cane is difficult to use with enough severity to break skin when used on oneself. But I am careful and check my bottom throughout a caning. But self-caning just gives me light pink stripes, honestly. I do like to have bruising, so my spankings often include that kind of marking. It's not so much about making your body ready as using the implements correctly. How much you are marked will depend on your body (how easily you mark) and how you use the implements. If the cane concerns you, then maybe don't use that. I didn't try the cane until 7 years of doing this regularly. I recommend expanding with paddles and the like. You can get them in different materials, shapes, and thicknesses, which will give you different sensations, but they are also very easy to control. You can use them light, moderate, or heavy. One thing I do when using new implements is I use a mirror to check the marks throughout, so I get an idea of how it affects me, whether it doesn't leave much marking or whether it marks me more easily than other implements. And always start off slow and easy with new implements and build, until you know how they affect you pain and mark wise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just "culled the herd," reducing my collection from 14 implements down to 3. There were some beautiful oak and walnut paddles in that collection, but every once in awhile my spirit needs to purge my earthly possessions and start anew. (Never met a minimalist? You have now-- ha! :rose: ) 

Imagine the shock the employees at the thrift store must have felt when they unloaded my donation box of clothes, only to find, buried at the bottom, wood paddles, silicone paddles, a leather paddle, a belt, and a big, stout 3-finger tawse... :lol:

I now have two Miss Rose wooden implements-- a 1/2"-thick Bubinga rectangular paddle and a hefty 5/8" purpleheart freeform paddle, both gifts from a kind-hearted spankee. I also have a new leather paddle-strap that I had custom-made. These 3 implements should cover my needs for both wood and leather. 

• Like 1

I have 7 implements at the moment:

A leather strap, a leather paddle (both from Cane-iac), a leather belt, a wooden spoon, and a bamboo paddle with holes.

I also have a plastic ruler, and a... sigh...'love paddle'. You know, the kind you get from a sex store with the word "LOVE" actually cut out? 🤦‍♂️ I don't really use these two, especially the paddle which does nothing for me anymore. I mean, you could spank me for hours with it, and I'd probably still be bored.

I also had a riding crop and a wooden hairbrush, but unfortunately broke both. I then replaced the hairbrush and broke that one too!

Which reminds me, I'm in the market for a new wooden hairbrush... Any suggestions?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Oracle said:

....I'm in the market for a new wooden hairbrush... Any suggestions?

Amazon has got a heck of a nice selection of wooden hairbrushes. eBay and Etsy do, too.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chawsee said:

Amazon has got a heck of a nice selection of wooden hairbrushes. eBay and Etsy do, too.

I bought the first two off Amazon, but they broke so quickly. Maybe I'm not getting the right kind or they're made of the wrong type of wood or something? I'm also in Canada so the online selection is unfortunately not quite the same. I'll give eBay and Etsy a look. Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

I have a few-

2 hairbrushes (1 wooden, 1 plastic)

A ruler

A Slipper

A Wooden bathbrush

A belt, only used for spanking

The wooden hairbrush and the bathbrush seem to be ones for the more severe spankings.  I like having items that can 'fit in' wherever they go around the house, and all of these do.

• Like 2

A very interesting topic.  As Chawsee noted, the archetype disciplinarian has 1 or 2 implements, not a bag full of them.  I can see why if your interests in spanking are limited to disciplinary spanking you might not need or want as many. 

But there is something to be said for having multiple different options to choose from, both from a sensation point of a view and also from a role-play point of view for those who enjoy role play.  Besides, I may only need one of each, but I want more!

In my collection I have about a dozen wooden hairbrushes, a bath-brush, a wooden spoon, a belt, two Miss Rose Paddles, and a lexan paddle.  I can echo what the others have said about Etsy being the place to go to buy handmade paddles.  The two Miss Rose paddles I have are absolute works of art, and I have never heard anyone say anything negative about her work.  I definitely favor 2 or 3 of the brushes and the Miss Rose paddles, but they have all had some use.

• Like 2

Two, same as the principal. One with holes,  one without. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Chawsee said:

I just "culled the herd," reducing my collection from 14 implements down to 3. There were some beautiful oak and walnut paddles in that collection, but every once in awhile my spirit needs to purge my earthly possessions and start anew. (Never met a minimalist? You have now-- ha! :rose: ) 

Imagine the shock the employees at the thrift store must have felt when they unloaded my donation box of clothes, only to find, buried at the bottom, wood paddles, silicone paddles, a leather paddle, a belt, and a big, stout 3-finger tawse... :lol:

I now have two Miss Rose wooden implements-- a 1/2"-thick Bubinga rectangular paddle and a hefty 5/8" purpleheart freeform paddle, both gifts from a kind-hearted spankee. I also have a new leather paddle-strap that I had custom-made. These 3 implements should cover my needs for both wood and leather. 

I'm sure there was some interesting conversations going on at that thrift store for a couple of days.  Who know's, maybe some even more interesting one's at home of the folks that worked there.

• Haha 1

Intentionally purchased or gifted specifically for spanking, five: conveyer belt strap, hair brush, ping pong paddle, spanking buddy, wooden spoon.

I have a belt that can be used as a spanking implement too.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zhal said:

Intentionally purchased or gifted specifically for spanking, five: conveyer belt strap, hair brush, ping pong paddle, spanking buddy, wooden spoon.

I have a belt that can be used as a spanking implement too.

Quick question, what's a spanking buddy?

• Like 1

It's a paddle that straps to your hand. Seems it works better with bigger hands.

• Like 1

I think I have around six paddles and two straps. One of the straps is a equestrian leather thing with some sort of stiff flexible material in the middle. Our favorite is a custom-made  thick wooden ping-pong paddle from Woodrage.   

if she’s really mad, I get the very heavy wooden cutting board and bath brush, although she’s so strong, she can use the custom ping-pong shaped wooden paddle and make it hurt almost as much.

If she’s feeling more generous, she will use the wooden ping pong shaped paddle because she can use that one at any strength and make it feel good or very painful..

I nearly always use the ping-pong paddle because I have so much control and can almost make it a caress  if I want.   I will never use The heavier implements on her and haven’t spoke to woman where I would use it. They are just too severe and I’ve never needed it   

• Like 1

My wife and I have accumulated a big chest full of assorted everything.  We don't use most of them, and some of them probably never will use again.  I just can't seem to get around to throwing anything away.  Nevertheless, for recreational purposes, variety is important.  For disciplinary spanking, we agreed upon a single implement, a big oak frat paddle, for that purpose and nothing else.  After over a year of getting nailed with that thing, I've come to hate it.  Maybe that's the point.  But, I have been thinking about alternatives to the wooden paddle.  Unfortunately (or fortunately?) we haven't been doing any disciplinary spanking for months, and there's COVID and all, so haven't gotten around to selecting an alternative.  My question back to you all who do spanking for both erotic and disciplinary purposes, do you segregate the implements based on the purpose?  Or just use them all for both purposes?

• Like 1