Spanking Needs Forums

"Stay at home" or have you you nearly had enough?

"Stay at home" or let me outta here?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. How long will you continue abiding by "stay at home" orders?

• I'm a spankER and I'm staying at home until I'm told it's safe.
    • I'm a spankER and I'm not staying home much longer.
    • I'm a spankEE and I'm staying at home until I'm told it's safe.
    • I'm a spankEE and I'm not staying home much longer.

I have gone out to eat far more than I should have. Now that Michigan is in a short but tighter lockdown because of the number of people not obeying the rules, I will be less lax about being in public. Should I want craft beer, I'll order a growler or howler and pick it up. Also, given the variable ages of people at my martial arts school, I dare say online instruction is a better idea, which was also recommended by the school owner in order to prepare me for my next test. That said, I am considered an essential worker and do have to report to work.

• 1 month later...

We've just had the highest death figures in the UK and are in a third national lockdown. I'm still working with safety measures as part of my job is supporing birth and death registrations. Sadly one of our elderly library volunteers died from Covid just before Xmas and I do feel angry and bitter at the minority of people in the UK and elsewhere ( young and old ) who are not taking this seriously. It's been a challenge with my existing mental health issues but I have found coping mechanisms ( self-spanking being one of them ).

As one from the World of Common Sense, this staying at home B.S  is a load of Kuh-Rap. Lock-downs are for the Ignorant. They don't resolve the situation, if fact it has the Reverse affect. Just don't do anything stupid or careless, as in close group congregations. Contrary to liberal opinion & Oppression, It Is possible to function responsibly.

7 minutes ago, MrBottoms said:

As one from the World of Common Sense, this staying at home B.S  is a load of Kuh-Rap. Lock-downs are for the Ignorant. They don't resolve the situation, if fact it has the Reverse affect. Just don't do anything stupid or careless, as in close group congregations. Contrary to liberal opinion & Oppression, It Is possible to function responsibly.

I see you are busy trying to make friends😂 When I suggested that lock-downs weren't the answer, I got called a "flatter earther" and a "Nazi Trump supporter"- let me know  how suggesting that maybe commonsense should prevail goes for you😛

51 minutes ago, sassylittle said:

I see you are busy trying to make friends😂 When I suggested that lock-downs weren't the answer, I got called a "flatter earther" and a "Nazi Trump supporter"- let me know  how suggesting that maybe commonsense should prevail goes for you😛

Not the case. I never say anything to make friends. I am a common sense conservative who will not sell myself out to please someone else. As for being called anything, I easily ignore the LIberal Lunatics b/c they are Clueless & Ignorant.

59 minutes ago, sassylittle said:

I got called a "flatter earther" and a "Nazi Trump supporter"- let me know  how suggesting that maybe commonsense should prevail goes for you😛

and hypocritical and Power-Hungry. Need I go further? well, I would.......but there's hardly enough posting space to continue.  🤣

Just now, MrBottoms said:

and hypocritical and Power-Hungry. Need I go further? well, I would.......but there's hardly enough posting space to continue.  🤣

I'm sure that you have managed to piss off enough people with those posts. I don't even have to insult people to piss them off😂 The ones that I manage to piss off, I don't think highly of anyway so not going to lose any sleep over it. My tact and diplomacy has limits with some people. If people are nice, I'm nice back- simple as that😀

3 minutes ago, sassylittle said:

I'm sure that you have managed to piss off enough people with those posts. I don't even have to insult people to piss them off😂 The ones that I manage to piss off, I don't think highly of anyway so not going to lose any sleep over it. My tact and diplomacy has limits with some people. If people are nice, I'm nice back- simple as that😀

Well-Said. 

1 hour ago, sassylittle said:

When I suggested that lock-downs weren't the answer, I got called a "flatter earther" and a "Nazi Trump supporter"-

What? not "you're a Homophobe Racist" yet?  They must be slipping. They will get to it one day. They always resort to the name calling when they either feel threatened or you don't agree with them.   😉

1 hour ago, MrBottoms said:

What? not "you're a Homophobe Racist" yet?  They must be slipping. They will get to it one day. They always resort to the name calling when they either feel threatened or you don't agree with them.   😉

I haven't been called a "Homophobic Racist" yet. Give it time thou, some of the people on this site are probably just warming up with me😛 I got accused of being a man because I blocked a man- nothing to do with him insulting me first. Must have forgotten my place as a female sub- have to remember that some of these egotistical jerks only like women if they bow down and take whatever shit they wish to throw at them. Bad girl😂

Actually "The World of Common Sense" supports social distancing, staying at home, and masks.  Note at the beginning of this thread that even FF is saying that.  And he's not a liberal.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Drooaygah said:

Actually "The World of Common Sense" supports social distancing, staying at home, and masks.  Note at the beginning of this thread that even FF is saying that.  And he's not a liberal.

I don't recall that I have ever suggested people shouldn't socially distance, wear masks and stay home where possible. I'm not suggesting wheeling Grand-ma around the mall is a good idea either. People just assume my political beliefs because I don't support constantly locking down the country every 5 mins. Hate to upset people but I didn't even vote.

Might I also note that, while I don't in any way support the name-calling attacks against anyone for their political opinions - be they conservative or liberal (and it is against site rules), that leading off a post with phrases like "Liberal lunatics" and "the Ignorant" isn't exactly an example of taking the higher ground.

• Like 2

"The World of Common Sense" comes from MrBottom's quote, Sassy, and that's what I was responding to.  Any the country has never been locked down.  It has been individual states each enacting different orders - individual counties, in fact, I think in most places.  To lock down the entire country (every five minutes or not) would require the actions of that noted liberal Donald J Trump.

• Like 2

Politics aside for a second, I would like to post my admiration of the gentleman in my neck of the woods who when masks became compulsory on public transport, shops and cafes took to wearing an Elvis mask ( adapted for COVID-19 )

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ukspanko said:

Politics aside for a second, I would like to post my admiration of the gentleman in my neck of the woods who when masks became compulsory on public transport, shops and cafes took to wearing an Elvis mask ( adapted for COVID-19 )

People have been assaulted and even killed for enforcing mask wearing.

I just wanted to apologise if I sounded harsh when I replied to your posts about the sjambok. There's a lot of misinformation on these sites but I didn't mean to come across harsh towards you so I'm sorry if I did.

Is it peculiar that it is mostly the Trump supporter type who are the anti-Covid faction in the USA, whilst in the UK it seems to be the Brexit voter type. Maybe one should not draw any conclusion from that, it is anecdotal obviously. Who can say. Though one can say that 'common sense' is blatantly not common, Which is the problem with people claiming 'sense' ... Sense, common or otherwise, actually comes about with education and notably worthwhile experiences of the world.

My family is one entirely of professional/academic people; We all stay inside, we all avoid people entirely, we work from home, we order our food and other shopping on-line. Everything is cleaned down before entering the house. We take no chances.

For those who claim they can wander about and it is all perfectly safe; well, how interesting: Seeing as the medical profession still do not really understand much of COVID 19,  what it does and why. Indeed it has been the unchecked spread as soon as people lax their vigilance, which has led to the more virulent mutation which is now accelerating infection rates world wide. In logical terms this virus is becoming more of an issue, not less. As the virus begins to spread more easily it puts paid to the old wives tale that viruses mutate only to increase spread rate not become more deadly to their host organisms; is just that; an old wives tale which is simply not true.

If one takes Ebolavirus for example, the world's most deadly known naturally occurring virus as example. When that virus was first documented in the mid 1970's it's figures read 2 or 3 day incubation, 30% death rate. That was 1976. It is believed now in the 21st century to have it's 'natural reservoir' in fruit bats who live with it as A-symptomatic carriers. Outbreaks are now believed to be triggered by the consumption of 'Bush meat' however, Ebolavirus is now also found in domestic animals such as dogs.

Since it was first identified in 1976,  there have been c.30 recorded outbreaks, with the last being in 2020. There are now three definite strains: Bundibugyo, Zaire and Sudan. Due to the nature of the countries which have outbreaks the information can be scant/confused ... However it would appear that with the original Ebola strain in it's mutations has no only become more deadly where death rates (strain dependent) are now 50% to 75% of those infected, but the incubation rate is up to 21 days and seemingly still slowly increasing.

Some years ago now I stood in a slum are of a city with an Ebola outbreak still taking place ... Some young guys about 20 yr old assured me Ebola was a hoax, a made up disease that government created to get more western aid. Even though people were dropping like flies. It is strange how the same types of people act in the manner same in all countries. One sees the various conspiracy theories bandied about regarding COVID 19 and it is simply risible what is being said ....  and unbelievably -  believed.

In January 2020 my family and I started to isolate ourselves because it was obvious that this new derivative of SARS, meaning SARS-CoV-2 aka COVID 19 was different, as it has proven to be. This virus could easily kill many, many millions as it mutates and spreads. It could decimate the world population .... So pretty please, my family and I would rather not die of someone else's sheer ignorance. Therefore:

Cover your face - Wash your hands - Stay away from people.  Not just 2 mtrs ... STAY ENTIRELY AWAY from people unless you have absolutely no choice.

4 hours ago, HerrBlacktooth said:

Is it peculiar that it is mostly the Trump supporter type who are the anti-Covid faction in the USA, whilst in the UK it seems to be the Brexit voter type. 

LOL    Yeah it's ironic if the MAGA horde which descended on the Capitol were at least wearing masks, they wouldn't have been so easily identifiable in all the vast footage that was taken.   Now they are getting arrested one by one  ... shoulda worn a mask, dumbshits!!  😄

• Like 1

a common Liberal question :   "if a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound if there is no one there to hear it?"

common sense answer :  Of course it does, how do we know this?  Every tree known to existence, known to man, since the "Dawn of Creation", Current & Past, has In Fact, made a sound when it falls.. That's how we know. If you ever see One Tree that falls & Does Not make a sound, Alert the World immediately ! !

common Liberal question :  how do we know air is everywhere ? we can't see it, feel it or hear it.  

common sense answer :  We know that it is. Not only is air everywhere but it's Always on the move b/c if it wasn't, then we wouldn't be here having this conversation, now would we..

• Confused 1

"Wandering about" was never really "safe" even pre-covid.  The world is full of many dangers.  We face risks every day and decide for ourselves what risks are worth taking and which aren't.  Personally I try to live my life as normally as possible while at the same mitigating risk as much as possible by wearing my seatbelts when I drive, wearing a helmet when riding a motorcycle, utilizing some form of birth control while having sex and wearing a mask along with maintaining social distancing while in public.

• Thanks 2
3 hours ago, FinallyFree said:

"Wandering about" was never really "safe" even pre-covid.  The world is full of many dangers.  We face risks every day and decide for ourselves what risks are worth taking and which aren't.  Personally I try to live my life as normally as possible while at the same mitigating risk as much as possible by wearing my seatbelts when I drive, wearing a helmet when riding a motorcycle, utilizing some form of birth control while having sex and wearing a mask along with maintaining social distancing while in public.

That sounds pretty crazy.  I am suprised you're not dead yet honestly.   Just don't leave your bedroom like me, then you don't have to worry about any of that stuff.  ;)

A friend and colleague of mine is seriously ill in hospital with COVID now. I'm not being judgmental because as passionate as I can get I'm not like that but please look after each other folks and those you love.

21 hours ago, ukspanko said:

A friend and colleague of mine is seriously ill in hospital with COVID now. I'm not being judgmental because as passionate as I can get I'm not like that but please look after each other folks and those you love.

Sorry to hear about your friend.  I hope they get better soon.  

I don't mean to imply that this isn't serious, it most certainly can be for some people.  All I'm trying to say is that we face risks every day of our lives.  We have to decide what risks are acceptable to us and which aren't.  I think if someone wants to shut themselves off from the world to avoid exposing themselves they have that right.  Some people don't have that option, myself included.  Working in a field deemed "essential" I have had no choice but to continue working throughout this ordeal.  I take all the precautions I can but I have to keep going about my daily life, buying groceries, shopping, work, and yes even some limited socializing.  I'm not saying people should be attending indoor church services, weddings, parties, hanging out at bars, etc.  Those types of activities are just too irresponsible right now.